We booked this hotel after researching on here and other sources.
We travelled Cyprus and wanted a special night to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
We stayed at four hotels and this hotel was the most expensive.
We had high hopes of a luxurious overnight stay. Before we travelled we emailed the reservations asking for a table for two in the Seafood restaurant explaining we were celebrating our 30th. We had no reply.
When we were staying at The Crown Horizon in Coral bay, (great four day stay) although it was the same price for four nights there as one night at The Meridian!!! We emailed again highlighting we wanted to book the Seafood restaurant and could they please give us some directions from the motorway. Again no reply.
We arrived on our anniversary and the receptionist although very pleasant could not find our booking. He took 20 minutes to find our booking and allocate our room. He made no comment about our emails.
I asked him twice re our booking for the seafood restaurant. He mention the Taverna and asked what time we wanted to eat.
I was confused but thought perhaps the Taverna was the Seafood restaurant.
We were shown to our room by the bell boy. A nice sized room overlooking the rear garden and three large air conditioning units. We fancied a drink while we got changed for the pool. The mini bar only stocked champagne and spirits no wine or beer!
The pools and gardens were beautiful. Thousands of sunbeds empty and pool attendants very willing to lay out your towels!
We swam and then fancied a sundowner. We went for a drink at the lagoon bar for sunset. We had one drink then the bartender shut down the shutters without asking us if we wanted another drink or asking us to sign for our first drink. We asked where can we get another drink. He told us inside the lobby as the pier bar was shut!!!
The Japanese restaurant was also shut!!! We followed the signs (Signs all around the hotel but no restaurant) for the seafood restaurant at our booked time but could not find it. We were then told it was closed.
We asked where we were suppose to eat as we had pre-booked to eat there and were told to eat at the tavern.
This was an outside courtyard in front of the closed pier bar and behind the closed Japanese restaurant.
It was nice food and good service but Cypriot cuisine not Seafood.
We felt that every guest other than ourselves had toddlers and babies with them. All the children were playing on the grass around the tavern and Italian. Hardly romantic for a 30th Anniversary!
Our supposed romantic highlight of our holiday cost over 130 euros and we cut it short because of children running around our table playing.
For a five star hotel this service is completely unacceptable. To ignore two emails, fail to have a room readily available on check in. To give a room overlooking air-con units when the hotel was so quiet. Would it hurt to give a sea view? To close both outside bars at sunset so the only place to have a drink was inside! To close two restaurants but not inform guests before check-in. AND to top it all the inside swimming pool was closed for building work!
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Limassol Hotel Limassol
- Le Meridien Limassol
- Le Meridien Limassol Hotel
- Le Meridien Cyprus
- Limassol Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort lies on 100,000 square meters of land by the beach being the only international 5-star hotel chain in Limassol. An excellent choice of spacious accommodation to choose from, and ‘adults only’ spa wing for couples to enjoy full privacy. It has 8 restaurants to suit the most discerning tastes and has 5 outdoor swimming pools. Its renowned spa & Thalassotherapy Center has over 125 treatments to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.