“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Limassol
England
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

A lovely weeks holiday and very relaxing. The food and rooms were fantastic and the pool areas very clean.
We cannot fault the service throughout the hotel . Miltos (Le Fleuri) in particular is such a credit to the resort and provides impeccable service at all times, some of the best we have ever experienced.
Costas and Miroslav were excellent and were always present to check that everyone was happy in the restaurants. They were also great with our one year old son despite being very busy which we all thought was a really nice touch and provided much amusement for him.
The choice for children in Mickey's is just right (healthy choices daily whilst still being child friendly) and for the first time this year we made the most of the Penguin Village and daily activities which were brilliant. Aqua Aerobics is always a classic!!
After getting married here 4 years ago its safe to say that we made the right choice and have found somewhere that we will continue to return to each year

• Stayed September 2013
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank for having selected our Resort to celebrate your wedding 4 years ago!
We would like to thank you for your loyalty. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our Resort and that our associates provided you with excellent customer service.
We are also happy to hear that you finally got to experience the Penguin Club!

Thank you for your positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have just return from one of our most restful holidays. This was due to the excellent facilities and the friendly staff. I would like to especially mention Elena and Andreea who worked in the Promenade bar, also Miltos and Sotiroulla who each evening ensure the smooth running of the restaurant. They were professional, friendly and really could not do enough for us. The food was good, breakfast excellent, something for everyone. Our room was clean and well serviced, Again we relay our thanks to the lady who provide the domestic service, we stayed in room 318.

Room Tip: Standard room was excellent, value for money
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Resort.

We value all guest comments and appreciate all the positive feedback!

Once again thank you for the comments.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My first trip to Cyprus wasn't a disappointment. I took my son, daughter-in-law and their 4 young girls along and chose this hotel especially as they offered so many things for the children to do.
The Hotel caters especially well for families with a multitude of pools from infant to adults only so I could always escape for a little private time when needed.
My first room was a garden suite which was perfectly fine for the first 4 nights until workmen returned after a break to the building next door and woke me at 07:15 with their building works.
I complained to the management who immediately moved me into a suite in the main building which was perfect.
The management and staff catered for all of our requirements immediately and the restaurants all served great food, especially the Italian and the Japanese where the staff and managers exceeded our expectations. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times and if travelling with young children I would recommend a visit to Le Meridien.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your time at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort.

Thank you for your kind comments about children facilities, restaurants and especially our associate’s service.

It is always gratifying to receive such positive feedback and we will be delighted to welcome you and your family back to our Resort.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to Cyprus, and i travelled all the way from America to visit this small island. In all honesty, there is absolutely no marketing of the country but due to the fact that one of Crete’s hotel’s was over booked, i decided to chose meridien Cyprus. I am a starwood card holder for years and on my search i noticed only one hotel in the entire island was part of the chain and a chain, and it was meridien.
The hotel is simply fantastic. Starting from the room, i had booked a corner 020 suite named Empirial Suite. This suite was fully renovated this year, with modern looking furniture, a nice balcony,a small library and an amazing bedroom area. Living room also contained a nice dining table which was always replenished with fruit, champagne daily, and canapés. The room was really massive, i cannot complain at all.

The service of the hotel was 5 star plus, even though it was my first time i was remembered with my name, and this made me feel like a VIP. The hotel had free wifi, which was something new, and the pool areas were simply great. The grounds were extensive; if you wanted to be quiet you could sit by the adult pool area, if you wanted a little more hustle and bustle you could utilise the salt pool area. The beach was spacious, and i always had my sun bath and towel there. I also visited their spa, ad tried the sport massage which was great! The therapists were all really amazing. To my knowledge the hotel won many spa awards and they really deserve it.

When i tried the restaurants at night i was astonished. If you eat sushi at the Japanese then you are talking about top class Japanese. If you eat at the tavern then you are talking about top Cypriot food, very similar to greek. When it comes to Italian, all i can say is wow. Try the pizza, the gnocci and the carpaccio, big signature dishes!

I will certainly be coming back to Cyprus, and yes it will be all the way from america! Next time i may even consider calling in my board meeting there.
Thanks to Meridien, and see you soon.

• Stayed July 2013
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We were delighted to know how much you have enjoyed your recent stay at our Resort and that our associates provided you with excellent customer service.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Patras, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is a Five star hotel with in side and out side swimming pools.
I particulary enjoyed the poll with see water. Also the staff was very frinedly and ready to cover all my need and requariments. Special thanks Mrs Christina Venizelou, executive housekeeper where she took care of us with a small problem in our room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Resort.

We value all guest comments and suggestions and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

Once again thank you for the comments.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We actually won our holiday to this hotel, it's our honeymoon which we won back in the UK, and when we arrived the hotel really didn't disappoint. The rooms are great, (royal spa room) and the pools are really cool - there's loads of them!! I also agree that the towels and general service outside is really well managed.

Only reason I gave it 4 not 5 stars is because it's been hard work at times, I've had to ask to receive the things in my prize win, sometimes twice, and I've had to show the prize leaflet at times whenI have been told that things such as the spa treatment were not included. As well it states half board on my competition win, not special half board (which means you can only use your meals for the buffet not the restaurants) but I've given up trying now! Unfortunately that takes away some honeymoon sparkle. We've been overlooked service wise, (today was the first day I was asked what I wanted to drink at breakfast, helped myself wondering how on earth people were getting served the other days) I wonder if it's because we won our trip, but regardless it again takes away from that honeymoon sparkle.

But overall this place is dreamy, and we have enjoyed our honeymoon immensely.

Tip- go to a restaurant that translates as 'little plates' in Limmassol and also Dino's art cafe for lunch one day, SO GOOD!

Also if you like fitness do the morning gym classes, you won't be disappointed, great fitness staff, my favourite on the whole resort.

Room Tip: Royal spa room do it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

We were pleased to read that you have enjoyed the facilities that our Resort has to offer.

Please know the satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and your comments are indeed constructive and helpful in enabling us to further improve on our standards.

Once again thank you for your comments and we do hope you give us a second chance in the near future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Cyprus but the Le Meridien just keeps on pulling me back.

This time I stayed in one of the Palm Court rooms, two bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs. Had our own terrace with tables and chairs, satellite TV, living room, two bathrooms and a shared pool between us and about 7 other houses.

We had maid service twice a day along with complimentary water and treats.

It was perfect for all 4 of us as we had the privacy we wanted but we were also able to used the facilities at the main hotel. Definitely ideal for families or couples.

The kids club was close to our room and was very entertaining. There was so much to do for the children they did not want to leave! Activities were endless.

We stayed on Bed and Breakfast which was perfect for us as we are not big eaters in the daytime, however we would share meals at the poolside restaurant if we got peckish throughout the day . The variety in the morning was brilliant from hot cooked breakfasts to cold meats and fish with many dairy items. Also freshly made cakes, waffles etc.

My favorite area was the salt water pool. So perfect and tranquil i was happy to stay there from morning til sunset. Pool service was fantastic, especially the waitress Georgia who was always attentive and very helpful. Definitely a credit to the hotel.

The Italian restaurant was of a 5* quality for sure, as were the other restaurants, again the service was fantastic. So great that we were not allowed to even pour our own water they would hurry over to do it for us with great big smiles on their face. The food was delicious, better than the Italian I have had in Lake Como in Italy and Sicily.

The hotel's grounds are so big and spread out, we never felt crowded although it was near enough full as I was told by the management.

We did venture out a few nights, from the beach front or main road you can walk to the St Raphael Marina where there are a few places to go there or you have a few restaurants and shops on the main road. There is also a shop a few minutes walk away from the hotel which was very handy.

There is a bus service too from right outside to hotel which will take you to the Mall and Old Harbour in Limassol. We used this service a few and it was so cheap and very easy. Some nights we used the hotels taxi service which I found quite satisfying and safe.

We rented a car too for a few days. You can either use the underground parking or the other gated car park which was closer to the Palm Court and Citrus rooms.

Would I go again? Yes, in a heartbeat. I hear that they are offering extra discounts and free half board on certain dates if you book in advance so I'll definitely take advantage of that.

Overall I cannot fault the Le Meridien.

Room Tip: J4 at the Palm court is beautiful. The spa wing has the best view. Its also worth upgrading to the p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for having returned to Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort for your holiday in August and also for taking the time and trouble to share your views on Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a truly memorable experience at our Resort. Your kind comments about our Resort and Cyprus as a destination are greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you very much for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Limassol.

Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort

Been to Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!