Wonderful hotel, and the food was exceptional. As I went in their winter months, there were only 2 restaurants open, one being Japanese which I did not use. As part of my package deal, evening dinner was included. I found the restaurant very 'posh' really unusual dishes, that were pretty fancy, so if you dont like 5 star restaurants, this is not the place to dine. Also water is charged at eu4.50, and its not made very clear. As I am a very basic eater, I did not like the choices on the menu, so the restaurant manager was happy to make me anything I wanted.
Right outside the hotel is a bus stop - this bus will take you along the sea/coast line right past Old Town, worth getting of to visit the Castle.
After 2 days, it was a little boring, as during the winter, there is little going on in the hotel, in fact nothing, except the spa and pool. There is no entertainment at all. So hired a car and took in some sights. I am sure in the summer, you would have no need to even leave the hotel.
The hotel is immaculate, as are the grounds. The sound of the sea on the man-made breaker was amazing, so I left my balcony window open every night and I drifted off to sleep and slept all night. Very quiet, no disturbance from other guests (although it was pretty empty)
No fault of the hotel, but Cyprus in general was very expensive, so bear this in mind.
Also, it seems Debenhams is everywhere, and they also have a foodhall, worth bearing in mind if you want odds and ends like biscuits/sweets/pastries etc. Marks and Spencer is extortionate! The tins of biscuits you would spend £4.99 on in the UK, are eu16.00, their foodhall is also very tiny.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, and if I was to go back to Cyprus, I would definitely choose this hotel.
A special thanks to Soteris Kirtou, who so kindly met my every need in the Le Nautile restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Limassol Hotel Limassol
- Le Meridien Limassol
- Le Meridien Limassol Hotel
- Le Meridien Cyprus
- Limassol Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort lies on 100,000 square meters of land by the beach being the only international 5-star hotel chain in Limassol. An excellent choice of spacious accommodation to choose from, and ‘adults only’ spa wing for couples to enjoy full privacy. It has 8 restaurants to suit the most discerning tastes and has 5 outdoor swimming pools. Its renowned spa & Thalassotherapy Center has over 125 treatments to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.