“5 star service great chefs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Nicosia - Limassol Road | PO Box 56560, Limassol 3308, Cyprus   |
Ranked #11 of 60 hotels in Limassol
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“5 star service great chefs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful hotel, and the food was exceptional. As I went in their winter months, there were only 2 restaurants open, one being Japanese which I did not use. As part of my package deal, evening dinner was included. I found the restaurant very 'posh' really unusual dishes, that were pretty fancy, so if you dont like 5 star restaurants, this is not the place to dine. Also water is charged at eu4.50, and its not made very clear. As I am a very basic eater, I did not like the choices on the menu, so the restaurant manager was happy to make me anything I wanted.
Right outside the hotel is a bus stop - this bus will take you along the sea/coast line right past Old Town, worth getting of to visit the Castle.
After 2 days, it was a little boring, as during the winter, there is little going on in the hotel, in fact nothing, except the spa and pool. There is no entertainment at all. So hired a car and took in some sights. I am sure in the summer, you would have no need to even leave the hotel.
The hotel is immaculate, as are the grounds. The sound of the sea on the man-made breaker was amazing, so I left my balcony window open every night and I drifted off to sleep and slept all night. Very quiet, no disturbance from other guests (although it was pretty empty)
No fault of the hotel, but Cyprus in general was very expensive, so bear this in mind.
Also, it seems Debenhams is everywhere, and they also have a foodhall, worth bearing in mind if you want odds and ends like biscuits/sweets/pastries etc. Marks and Spencer is extortionate! The tins of biscuits you would spend £4.99 on in the UK, are eu16.00, their foodhall is also very tiny.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, and if I was to go back to Cyprus, I would definitely choose this hotel.
A special thanks to Soteris Kirtou, who so kindly met my every need in the Le Nautile restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, so you can listen to the sea at night
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our Resort and that you enjoyed all our services and facilities.

Thank you for your positive comments for our award winning chefs. We are delighted to announce that our Culinary Team once again managed to excel in the 8th International Culinary Competition.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Resort in the near future.

868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
Larnaka, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. What was disappointing is that, in your own country you have to speak a foreign language to communicate with the staff. The vast majority of staff were foreigners, who spoke little or no Greek. With all due respect, but how can holidaymakers experience the traditional 'Cypriot hospitality' when the staff are foreign? Sorry but we will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Sea view room is best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Resort. We appreciate all the guest’s feedback as it is very beneficial to us when we review our services and facilities.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have just come back from a weeks holiday and we stayed in the Le Meridien spa and hotel in Limassol, Cyprus. What a lovely hotel, from booking our holiday over the phone with sovereign, to our departure - we couldn't fault anything. The hotel collected myself, my husband, our 2 and a half year old son, and our 4 year old granddaughter from the airport. We arrived about 8.30 pm and check in was seamless, the bellboy whisked our luggage off to our rooms (we had two interconnecting rooms), while we headed off for a late tea. The food was splendid, for us and the children. We stayed half board, and the children were full board The staff and service were spot on and very friendly. Lovely rooms, bathroom and toilet a little dated but spotless, comfortable beds. Tea/coffee, tv, wine, water, fruit, mini bar. Toiletries and towels, hair dryer. I would say that this was a perfect family hotel. The penguin club was a hit with the little ones, the ladies who worked there were just perfect with the children. This was free for our granddaughter, but because our son was under 3 years, we had to pay, which was not a problem at all. Indoor pool great, we were off season, so the outside pool was drained, I suppose for the coming season. Didn't bother us, we all loved the indoor pool. Although we stayed off season, there was still things to do, me and my husband did a bit of archery - he now thinks he's Robin Hood. The grounds were lovely, we walked around them every evening before tea and the children loved watching the koi carp in the pond. A few cats about outside - some friendly - some not!. Nice pebbly beach at the bottom of the gardens, children enjoyed collecting little shells there.
We took a trip up to the Troodos mountains to look at the snow. Great scenery on the journey there. Limassol town was a nice place.
We had a lovely meal at 'Zen', a sushi and tepaniaki restaurant - delicious.
Lots of local places of interest in the area, but not walking distance, bus service just outside the hotel, low cost.
You won't be disappointed if you stay in the Le Meridien.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view room(s), with views of hills. Sea view rooms had sun all day - I feel it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and kind words about the Resort facilities, team members and Cyprus as a location!

We were pleased to know that you have tremendously enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is not in the city and you will have to rent a car or to be simply locked in the resort while dinner for 2 easy reaches 100 euros. On the positive side - it located on water front and u see and hear the waves from your window. 10 min after arrival one of the cats that lives in the hotel bite my hand all over and I was bleeding (I have pets and know how to behave with cats but never got biiten by a cat before). The staff from the hotel took me with their driver to some private hospital where I got first help and antibiotic for 7 days. The hotel payed for the Med. And the doctor but as I had to take med. All my stay and couldn't drink any alcohol during this time my trip was over before even began. I do t know if I can blame the hotel regarding the cats they have so I just tried to forget about it.
They don't have any outdoor heated pool open in the winter as they write and the bowling is also closed. I think it should be written on spg site.
The good things are
Wellness rooms or cabana rooms are incredibly amazing and BIG. The staff is polite specially compare to Greek or cypress standerts. The hotel is very clean and the lobby area is modern and fency.
Would like to come again in simmer time, but as the price is 4 times higher - can't afford it.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
le_meridien_limassol, ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for having chosen Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort for your holiday in February and also for taking the time to share your views on Trip Advisor.
Constructive criticism, like yours, is of utmost importance and paramount to the quality control of our operation and we would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your concerns. Your comments are indeed helpful in enabling us to further improve on our services and facilities.
At the same time, please note that our Resort is 15 kilometres away from down town Limassol and bus service is available for our guests to and from Limassol centre every 20 minutes for 1.00 euro per way.
With regards to the islands cats, please rest assured we have pets control program in place but unfortunately there is an issue on the whole island as cats are part of our history. But we work closely with the relevant department of the government to limit the cat issue.

Thank you for acknowledging the exceptional rooms and service of our staff members.

Further we would be delighted to welcome you back to our resort.
Please feel free to contact us prior to your next arrival so we can make sure your needs are fulfilled for the duration of your stay.

Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

No consistency across the hotel chain.

We are extremely well travelled as a couple and as a family (Mauritius, Dubai, Seychelles, Grenada) and when we book a 5 star hotel at much expense we expect it to be at least that. We had recently returned from a superb stay at the Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa in Dubai and decided that we would stay with the same hotel chain in Cyprus expecting the same exacting standards and excellence. However this was not the case. We have a 3 year old and 6 month old at the time of travelling in October 2012. We found the reception staff to be unfriendly, not genuine, and not really bothered or proud of where they are working. We are used to reception staff and all staff going out of their way to make sure you have an amazing stay in order to get repeat business.

Our issues are as follows:
1) No welcome pack provided for children with information concerning activities and all the amazing extra amenities available for babies eg bath stand, non slip mat etc. I know there is a lot available from the website but at no time were we presented with this information during our stay.
2) No information was provided where to get the beach towels, we had to ask several people whereas normally this information was provided on arrival.
3) Our room K-3 a family bungalow was huge, and ideal for families. However for the price we paid (extremely expensive) we expected WIFI free of charge (as per Dubai); the beds were extremely hard (resorted to sleeping on top of the duvet to try and get some sleep!); a number of lightbulbs were not working throughout the bungalow; the net curtains in the master bedroom had a hole in them; it really needed updating to be more modern and contemporary; hairdryer in the bathroom didn't work.
4) Cats are a nightmare and really every effort to keep them away from eating areas must be sought.
5) Some areas of the hotel desperately need a facelift. For example the toilets. Also there was no changing area available in the toilets by the main restaurant. This I could not understand considering that most of the guests staying there had one child under the age of two.
6) Lastly make sure you ask the price of the fresh fish in the Taverna, we got charged 95 euros for a grouper fish (which was only one fillet each!), we felt this was outrageous and I complained the following day where we got some money off. I wouldn't even pay that in a Michelin 2 star restaurant!!!
7) The shower in the fitness spa was disgusting and filled with sand. Every effort should be made to keep this clean in order for people to have a shower before entering the pool. Our 3 year old son refused to go in there as he said it was skanky!

Overall we did enjoy our holiday as the resort is kept clean, it is in a beautiful location, our room cleaners were exceptional and extremely thoughtful to our needs, and the food in the restaurants is excellent (we ate in every restaurant) and our son loved Mickeys for his dinner. However for the reasons stated above this is a 4 star hotel currently. I also received an email from the hotel manager as I cited the issues above as I warned him I would be reporting this on Tripadvisor. We have to be honest though and currently if we were to return to Cyprus we would not stay here again unless we felt this issues had been addressed and instead would return to the Four Seasons where we found everything exceptional with incredibly friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you.

May you also be warned that once you are here, there is only one shop within walking distance of the hotel unlike the Four Seasons where you could enjoy access to many shops, many restaurants and beautiful walks along the promenade.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at this wonderful Hotel 10 times with most of the visits taking place during summer months when the Cyprus sun is at its warmest and the Hotel is enjoying its busiest period. From the moment you arrive the welcome is warm and friendly with a very special mention to the "best Concierge in the whole world ever", Mr David Kokai.

Externally the Hotel grounds and pool areas are fabulous and very well maintained. There is always ample room to accommodate all guests even during peak times. Beaches in Limassol are not great although the Hotel does take every effort to ensure that it is clean and secure.

The Hotel is now over 20 years old and internally some areas could benefit from modest refurbishment although all restaurants and bars are very clean and more than adequate for purpose. Having stayed in a variety of rooms they are all large and comfortable with the housekeeping staff's hard work ensuring that cleanliness standards are extremely high. Bathrooms (in the main building rooms) are now becoming rather tired and could do with being upgraded.

Food offering is superb and cannot understand any criticisms on this front. Breakfast choices cater for all tastes from a simple continental job through to the full works of bespoke freshly made
omelette combined with bacon and sausages! Lunch is well catered for with both the Cool Bar and the Lagoon bar providing appropriate menus. Dinner options are plenty.The Buffet in Le Fleuri is always well presented and the menu varied with specific theme nights. The quality on offer is of a very high standard and there is never any problem with high demand dishes being replenished. The food quality in the Italian is excellent and it enjoys a wonderful view overlooking the Mediterranean sea. It is very popular at peak season with reservations normally required.

Both Penguin Village and Leisureland provide a huge range of activities to keep all children happy and occupied. There is a weekly programme rotating the activities although during summer months it is too hot to play outdoor sports during the day.

in our opinion what takes Le Meridien to the highly exceptional grade is the dedication and friendliness of all members of staff. In an industry notorious for high staff turnover levels it is worthy to comment that numerous staff members remain from our first stay nearly 9 years ago.We now consider a number to be our friends. Although rather unfair to select anyone in particular we cannot let the opportunity pass without mentioning Tundi, Filios and Elena for special praise.

Will we be going back for visit 11? You bet!

If you are looking for a fantastic, value for money holiday for all the family Le Meridien in Cyprus comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sea view is worthwhile if within your budget
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have spent many years at the Meridien with our time share and I must admit it is excellent staff extremely friendly. Although I agree with some objectives like no cash machine and no adult entertainment at night nothing ever seems to be done about it ??? I personally would spend most of the time in the hotel rather than trail into Limassol if the entertainment was better for adults. Would love to see some different menus in the Lagoon bar has been the same now for a few years. You do have a choice in the restuarant although I prefer the quietness of the lagoon bar with the wonderful staff (Napa) who has been there for many years. of course Andreas the bar manager of the whole hotel. miroslav in the Japanese restuarant Tundi in the other restuarant and many many more lovely staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!