“Outstanding Family Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Nicosia - Limassol Road | PO Box 56560, Limassol 3308, Cyprus   |
Ranked #12 of 60 hotels in Limassol
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Family Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a review of our second stay at Le Meridien Limassol, which was in October/November 2012, eight years after our first visit. First time round was just wife and myself, and this time we took our very lively 3 1/2 year old son too! As such, we have had both non-child and child experience of this outstanding hotel, and I felt it was time to commit some thoughts to the World of Tripadvisor, albeit based completely on our most recent (with child!) trip.

This is a big, brash, luxurious, full service, marble lined five star resort. If you've ever stayed in such a place, Le Meridien Limassol (LML hereafter) will be very familiar to you. LML is not different to any other big five star resort I've stayed in - but it is outstanding and wins because of the excellent service provided by ALL staff to the guest. It is the staff here that make a holiday special, and for our recent trip with our son they all went the extra mile (kilometre for the Europeans and USA!) to ensure we had a great time.

Firstly - booking process. I was keen to arrange adjoining rooms. A quick email to LML reservations had a positive and friendly answer in seconds, meaning that I could then complete my booking online (at an excellent package rate on LML's own website - recommended!) with absolute confidence. A further un-solicited email from LML reservations after I'd made my online booking to re-confirm that the rooms allocated were exactly to our needs was a nice touch too - meaning we could relax before the holiday knowing that the arrangements for our stay were perfect.

Rooms themselves are OK - probably in need of a small refurb as they were exactly as I'd remembered them from eight years previously, and they'd looked tired then too! TV's have been upgraded, and safes improved. Rooms perfectly comfortable and pleasant with excellent balconies. NOTE TO PARENTS: The balconies in this resort are perfect from a safety perspective. There is a tough three way lock system (helped by a high-up door chain well out of the reach of little people.) Kids will be safe in their rooms, and you can relax!

Pools are plentiful. The main pool plus adjoining kids pool is great for families who like entertainment, but we don't, so we took refuge at the much quieter and preferable lagoon pool (salt water, and unheated, but in late October more than warm enough for swimming!) which was helpfully next to the outstanding Lagoon Bar/Restaurant for happy lazy lunches.

Entertainment when required for 3 year old was great, but cannot comment on the Kids Club as unlike parents who like to offload their children at every opportunity we prefer to spend family time together on holiday. I hear though that it is very good.

Restaurants are plentiful at this resort, and generally excellent. Apart from breakfasts, we gave the buffet orientated 'Le Fleuri' a miss, as it is not really what we want. Breakfasts however were extremely good.

The two restaurants we used in the hotel were the Vieux Village Greek Taverna, and the Italian trattoria. Both were superb. The staff in both were fantastic - great teams of people who took care of us really well. A special note of praise to Goran, the Maitre'd of the Italian restaurant, who took it upon himself to cure me of the stomach bug I had arrived on holiday with. A dose or two of Fernet Branca (complimentary as well!) did the trick! Many thanks to him, but also to all of the staff in these two restaurants which we enjoyed very much indeed. Pricing for a five star resort was also highly reasonable, which when comparing the cost of taxis to downtown Limassol and the restaurant cost there made eating in the hotel a reasonable solution, particularly given the choice of restaurants on offer.

Downside? Stupid pricing in the room minibar. The fridge was really useful for storing products we bought in the local supermarket, and we left the minibar choice un-touched. EUR 5.70 for a small Evian? Please. Travellers are not naive. Perhaps a 50% cut in minibar prices would yield a 250% profit increase, but until management sees the light on this I'm heading out to buy water/chocolate etc locally for a tenth of the price.

So overall, a really happy family holiday in a great location. We were blessed by excellent weather which helps, and came home thoroughly relaxed, which is very much the aim of our trip. I would highly recommend this resort, and will certainly return again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Jerry1971,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. It is such a great reward for us to read that you find our hotel "Outstanding Family Resort"! We will make sure to share your words with our team and especially Goran!

We hope to welcome you again soon,
Kind Regards, Le Meridien Guest Experience Team

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is fantastic, from the views to the service to the great selection at the breakfast and lunch buffet. It is also the first hotel I've come across the manages to be great at being both a leisure hotel and catering for the business traveller (me on this occasion). Two let-downs really:

1. The fitness centre is only open from 7am to 8pm. If you are staying on business these hours really don't work. The centre should be 24 hours, or at the least be open from say 5am until 10pm to allow for business guests to get in before or after a business day.

2. The wifi is painfully slow. Blaming it on a conference isn't the right answer as I would expect a decent connection from a business hotel (as much as it is a leisure hotel it does cater to business needs). At times the connection was unusable for even basic tasks like bringing down email or even tweeting.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Richard W,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your views online. Your praise is most appreciated and encouraging. Thank you for providing us a constructive feedback that will allow us to improve our service in the future.

Looking forward welcoming you back,
Kind regards, Le Meridien Guest Experience Team
St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was privileged enough to stay just for 2 nights at this hotel whilst in transit to another, which
after reviewing the facilities and awards it has won, can see why it has 5* status. However, I can't say it is the best 5* on the Island but when reviewing prices you can sense they don't claim to be, but they do claim the best spa on Cyprus

The hotel itself is of a fairly modern design, but such a shame built next to a pwer plant, which can spoil some sea and garden views

The reception was quick, pleasant and immediately offered a complimentary welcome drink
The bar staff were attentive, friendly from Eastern Europe
The room was large, great views overlooking gardens, pool and sea (no power plant view)
with the acreage of the resort extending to several pools, large extensive gardens, choices of restaurants, cafes and bars, multiple sporting facilities including football pitch and from the main resort to the main road a small village has grown with more on the planning board

I was staying on a Bed and Breakfast basis and whilst the choice was large, fresh and
plenty, the feeling of being in a upmarket canteen sprang to mind

I believe the typical locals that used to service the hotel have been in someway, not all,
been replaced with Eastern European staff and whilst most work hard and try hard I
think this was too much for them and I could see no intervention on the floor from
management

Room Tip: Try and get a south west facing room, whilst you don't get a sunrise you do get the counterpart...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear GaryCI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel online. Your praise is most appreciated and encouraging. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodation as well as facilities and services! We would like to inform you that the Power Plant was closed 28th of October 2012.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future!

Seasons greetings from Limassol to St. Helier!
Le Meridien Guest Experience Team
New Forest, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here the week commencing 20/10/12 which was my son's half term but the week before the main uk schools half term. It was relatively quiet and peaceful but as a result not all the facilities and restaurants were open. One major disappointment was we booked to eat at the Tepanyaki restaurant, and when we went to the restaurant on the night we found it shut. When my husband went to find out what was going on the receptionist was v.off and said they had tried to contact us to tell us it was closed due to the weather (there was the occasional bang of thunder but there had been no rain). We'd had no messages left in our room, or on my mobile. They made no attempt to re-accomodate us and eventually we got into the Italian but this was at a push as they claimed it was full (and the menu there I thought was very average).Yet the following night, which was the Friday and had had an influx of people presumably because it was the start of the half term, the Tepanyaki WAS open, yet it had poured down with rain solidly for an hour and a half that afternoon and the forecast was worse. So we think they just couldn't be bothered to open it on the night we booked because 'it wasn't busy enough'. Not acceptable in a 5 star hotel. Other than that the room we stayed in was nothing special and desperately in need of refurbishing (the marriot courtyard at gatwick was much smarter!), as was the hotel in general; The paths in the grounds were not swept and the gardening was nothing compared to other hotels we've stayed in; The beach was full of dog ends and rubbish, and is overlooked by the massive power station next door (though the sea was warmer than the pools, especially the over 16's cave/rock pool which was freezing); We didn't have to leave till 8pm to fly home yet they refused to give us a late checkout even though this had been requested well in advance when booked; The spa, though very nice, was very very expensive; And the hotel is 15-20 mins drive away from the town centre so you are effectively imprisoned there. The only good thing was the restaurant staff, in particular Filios and the Sommelier, were extremely helpful, but we would not stay here again.
(and the complimentary bottle of wine left in the room I wouldn't use as vinegar it was so bad it was insulting)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Flubberjub,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor and for providing us a constructive feedback that will allow us to improve our service. We are sorry to read that your stay was not up to your expectations.

We hope you will reconsider your decision of returning to Le Meridien Limassol during your next stay in Cyprus, allowing us the chance to exceed your expectations.

Best regards, Le Meridien Guest Experience Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Room: Large (I had a suite). Bright. All things working but electricity plugs are not placed above the desk so if you want to charge anything, you need to plug it into a plug near the floor below the desk or elsewhere ie not comfortable. Hope the hotel will read and change it. There are other small things which would require some refurbishing of the rooms, but as I was there for a short period, I did not mind.

Reception: fast, friendly. There were 2 people at checkin and at checkout. Had to wait a couple of minutes until I was served. Meanwhile, the receptionist offered a drink which was promptly brought. Nice!

Service: fantastic. Seldom I see such a positive attitude throughout the resort. The reception was useful and helpful. The concierge ditto. In a restaurant (Italian) I asked for special item and the response was ‘’nothing is difficult here’’. They seem to really live by the motto ‘your wish is my command’. I hope that I was not just lucky with this but the hotel is really so much over the top with the service.

Beach: OK. There are better beaches. There are chairs on the beach and on the grass, which is convenient.

Swimming pool: beautiful. I had a view from my balcony on the waterfall of one of the pools. Great.

Food: high quality both in the restaurant and from room service. The service is great also by room service. They brought things made exactly as per the requested specifications and very fast. Again, very nice service - the waiter and the ordering service were extremely polite and welcoming.

Facility: overall quite large suitable both for adults and children.

SPA: very large SPA based on 3 (?) floors with lots of rooms for treatments, etc. Very clean.

My Overall view: great place to come with a family with or without children (they have lots of things for kids). Probably not the best for business people (unless they fix the electricity plugs).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valux01,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Le Méridien Limassol Spa & Resort

We are happy to read all your positive feedback about our service, accommodation, Spa and facilities. Thank you for your comments that will help us to improve!

Thank you for choosing us for your business vacation in Limassol.
We all hope to see you back in the near future,

Warm regards, Le Meridien Guest Experience Team
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel has loads of good facilities for families. As well as lovely pool areas and a fabulous spa, there is a complex for children including mini golf, tennis, archery, football, and basket ball.You can also hire bikes. There is an indoor bowling alley and a separate area for young children where they can be looked after - Penguin Club. The resort has its own beach with sheltered area for swimming and there are water sports available at extra charge. The spa has won awards and was very tranquil. It has areas inside and outside that are for spa guests only.The food was excellent and there is a choice of 5 restaurants. The staff have to be one of the best features of this hotel. They were all very friendly and extremely helpful. The restaurants were cheaper than we expected and people we met who were on half board were delighted at the food quality. There is a separate buffet area for very young children with food catering to the needs of little ones. Although our children are older, it was a really good idea. The hotel is not near the town and you cannot walk to shops and nightlife although you can walk along the beach to a small marina and another hotel. It is quite close to some sort of industrial building around the coast but you dont really notice this except if you walk out onto the hotel pier and look back towards the shore. There is an indoor pool in the unlikely event of bad weather. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family holiday. We did hire a car in order to see the island but only left the resort twice. There are nice gardens and landscaped areas. Many families we met there were repeat visiotrs. We will definitely go back and October was great weather. 27 degrees and blue sky. Thanks for a lovely week everyone , especially all the food and beverage staff. YOU WERE GREAT !

Room Tip: Sea view rooms and high floor would be a nice addition. If you get the option of half board it would...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear EMM1907,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comment about your experience at Le Méridien Limassol Spa & Resort, we are delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us!

Recognition is very important to us and we are delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner. We will share your comments with the team and especially all the food and beverage staff. Looking forward to welcome you back!

Warm regards from Limassol to Kent!
Le Meridien,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hotel is nicely located 5 min away from the city but its quite old and needs rennovation to be truly considered a 5 star international chain hotel. Service is very nice though in terms of F&B, SPA and HSK staff. All waiters in the restaurants and bars were very hospitable and passionate about what they are doing. You always can see natural smile and eagerness to help and impress guests. SPA personnel were very helpful and prefessional, very nice girls indeed. What was a bit frustrating is that hotel wouldnt provide any drinking water in the room, which i have never ever experienced yet. At first i was surprised and thought they forgot, so when i called operators and asked for a bottle of drinking water they send a guy with the bill of something arounf 6 euro for a small bottle of local water. When I asked front office from where can i get a water to brush my teeth, they said we have to buy it or take from the minibar... I addressed the same to the management but they just told me that its their right to put or not to put free drinking water to the room and they have different types of guests, to some they put and to others they dont... It was clear that we were not special enough, so we went to the nearby supermarket and got 6 big bottles of water for 3 euro only which resolved the problem. But it left very unpleasant feeling about the hotel and management mostly. But overall the place has all potencial to be a destination number one with its facilities and employees.

Room Tip: The room we had was right in front of the pool where there are waterfalls and every morning when the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear schervonnykh,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay and for providing us a constructive feedback that will allow us to improve our service. We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to have a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future,

With kindest regards, Le Meridien

Been to Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!