“pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Limassol

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Limassol to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Limassol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Promachon Eleftherias 2 | Agios Athanasios, Limassol 4103, Cyprus   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Limassol
Thessaloniki, Makedonia, Greece
“pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. The location is good and you can walk on the beach. During winter there is not much to do nearby so you have to go to the city center. Rooms are large.
Free wifi in the lobby but you have to pay in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Great to hear that you found our staff friendly and the beachfront location convenient! In the summer there is indeed much more to do in the immediate vicinity: nautical clubs, beach bars, water sports etc. We hope to see you at the hotel again soon, perhaps in the summer.

Petros Pierides

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It has again been a name change, but the hoteel is basicly the samee. Also some of the nice old personell is there. The rooms are fine, but make sure you book a room overlooking the ocean. Food in the restaurante is fine, and the pool area with just 5 meters to the sea is nice. It is worth the money and it is also central so you can walk into " old town " or to the " turist area ".

Room Tip: book a room overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed the ocean views, the food and the location! Yes we have indeed renovated and re-branded the hotel, but as you point out most of the staff has remained exactly the same! We promise not to change the name again in the near future and look forward to seeing you at the Crowne Plaza Limassol again soon!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I know other reviewers have loved this hotel but I am not entirely sure I agree. Yes, the location is perfect and in general the staff go out the way to help. Though, on my first night I arrived late after a delay and the restaurant was closing up and rather than just saying food was served in the bar it was agreed that I could eat, but I felt like I had to eat very quickly and it the room was being cleared around me, For the price, and for a 4 star hotel, I found that this was simply unacceptable. I thought the public areas were very comfortable, the bar drinks somewhat expensive and wifi even more so. I stayed in a suite which was great with excellent views. I did think the cleaning could have been better: a used empty wine glass that I had left on my first evening was still there on my final day. Plus, the minibar and tea, coffee and sugar sachets were never ever filled up. Some of the lights did not work and I told reception more than once over this but nobody came up and fixed it. For the price this was inadequate. I loved the spa bath and the shower, plus you do get a good night sleep here, so it was not all bad!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol. We greatly regret that we were not able to make your stay a great one, although you did find the location perfect and the sleep quality good! We have spoken with the head waiter in charge of the restaurant on the night of your arrival and, while her intention to keep the restaurant open a little late for you to dine may have been good, as you point out, the correct thing to do would have been to suggest the Lounge-Bar from the outset, where you could have enjoyed your evening meal in a relaxing environment! Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Regarding the tea and coffee sachets, we generally change them every morning, but housekeeping is always happy to take additional items upon request. However, we will investigate this matter further. Point taken about the lights as well. We have checked that they do work, but the switches need to be adjusted to make them considerably more user-friendly. We hope the you will give us another opportunity to to prove our worth and get it just right!

woodley stockport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was within walking distance of the old town. Although the outside gives the impression of a "business" hotel, the interior is cool, modern and welcoming. We had a sea view room with a balcony overlooking the beach. The room was spotlessly kept by the tireless housekeeping staff and free mineral water was delivered every day. There was also a plate of fresh fruit when we first arrived. Our bed was huge and very comfortable. We are used to a Tempur bed and the one in the room was comparable. The bathroom was well appointed. I would only suggest that a handle near the door would be useful when getting out of the bath as there was nothing to grab hold of and I have very poor balance. The La Brezza restaurant, where we ate most nights, was very good. I don't eat meat and was well provided for. The staff here were as friendly and efficient as throughout the hotel - reception staff, porters, restaurant staff - nothing was too much for them and all delivered with a smile. We used the indoor pool as it was February and enjoyed the warm water. The outdoor pool looked inviting, if it had been later in the year we might have tried it. Altogether we had a wonderful week's break here and would certainly come again.

Room Tip: The sunsets from the seaview rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol and that you found the location convenient, the rooms spotless and staff helpful! We are also especially pleased that you enjoyed dining at our new Italian fusion restaurant La Brezza.Point taken about the handle bars in the bathroom. We will most certainly look into the matter. Thank you for your kind words. Rest assured that I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We hope we will see you again at the Crowne Plaza Limassol soon!

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night cause we wanted to relax away from home. The hotel is been renovated two years ago and is very nice. Its clean, quiet and the rooms are spacious with a big sofa, coffee table and armchair! The bathroom is minimal and spotless clean! I have to say the staff was sooo helpfull and polite. We also like the fact that most of the staff were Cypriots.
One thing that we didn’t love is that we ask for double bed and what we got was two single beds joined together with a double bed flat sheet which is kind of uncomfortable for a couple to sleep in it, the mattresses and pillows thought were very nice!
Also if you want to have breakfast in the hotel make sure you include it in your booking cause otherwise you will have to pay 20euros instead of 10! The breakfast was good but not for 20euro and we thought it was unfair to pay double price just because we didn’t include breakfast in our booking.
Overall we had a nice and enjoyable time in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so glad we were able to offer you the relaxing break you were looking for!
We are especially pleased to hear that you found the bathrooms spotless and the staff polite. Most members of the team are indeed local and almost all are Greek speaking! I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the twin beds and assure you that I will look into the matter further. I would also like to explain about the breakfast charges. It is undoubtedly cheaper when breakfast is pre-booked for the reason that the hotel is given more time to prepare. Once again we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and we very much hope to see you again in the near future (on a bed & breakfast rate)!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Friends holidays. Both young teachers so looking for fun and relaxation whilst still doing interesting stuff around. To add to this, I was 5 months pregnant (so with special annoying needs to cater for!). We usually go on a budget, but we found that irresistible Groupon offer: 4*, half-board, with special dinner 1 night, and with day tour of Limassol included. Although we're not in for the posh, we went for it. And we never regretted!! From the first to the last second of our stay, the service was impeccable. And I don't mean impeccable in the sense "it's too good, it's actually uncomfortable", but in the sense it seems natural to them to always be kind, helpful and smiling continuously.
Just a few anecdotes from the top of my head:
- They reopened the kitchen for us one night because we'd arrive 20mins late, and served us a 3 course meal to die for while any other place would've, rightly, to find somewhere else
- One day I asked for extra milk (about 4-5 times than the quantity they would put - I'm preggy, so in need of extra calcium!), and they added extra milk every day. Same thing with the body lotion!
- They made a slight mistake on our day tour to Limassol and, after apologising greatly, organised for a taxi to be at our availability for the whole day and organised another private day tour around Cyprus for another day that was worth easily triple the price than the original tour.
Service put aside, the hotel in itself was amazing. The rooms are large and comfortable with everything you need. The beds were so comfortable you could go for a 12hrs sleep with the only worry that you'd miss the delicious breakfast! The facilities of the hotel are great: easy to use 24hrs gym, great indoor and outdoor pool, comfy lobby with evening entertainment... And the food was grand!
And the best of all is that it ended up being much more money-worth than if we'd been in cheaper-option hotel!!!
Again thank you to Athena and the whole team of the Crowne Plaza hotel for that unforgettable stay and, although we don't like to repeat places, I'm pretty sure we'll see you next year again :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Fantastic! We are so glad you enjoyed your break from school!
We will even put your review up on our team notice board so all the team can read it and feel proud to have been able to make your holiday so memorable. Good to hear that you may break with tradition and go for a repeat stay. I am sure Athena would be happy to see you both again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here three times during a one month period. It was important that i stayed somewhere nice and this hotel is lovely. The views are relaxing over the sea. The lobby is smart and glamorous the rooms are clean and smart. The showers have good pressure although the decor is a little dated. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food and service good. I would definitely stay again, it was my home from home. I even managed to get a tan in february by just sitting on the balcony. I guess the only thing was that coming from the UK i found the weather very warm but for cypriots it is winter so instead of AC available they had the heating on! They were helpful and changed my room so that i had a cooler room after one night when ii slept badly because of the heat.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are smaller but have a balcony and the view is beautiful. City view rooms face the ma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

A 'home away from home' - we are so glad that the team was able to make you feel this way! You are right about the temperature. It's a difficult time of year because some guests need the A/C, while other guests demand heating. I do apologize for your first night's sleep, but I am glad the Front Desk was able to sort it out to following day. I will pass on your glowing review to the entire team. We hope to see you again soon in Limassol!

Petros Pierides

Been to Crowne Plaza Limassol? Share your experiences!