“Ideal place to relax and re-energise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zening Resorts

You added Zening Resorts to your Saves list
Zening Resorts
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Akamantos Avenue PO Box 66154 | Latchi, Polis Chrysochous, Cyprus 8820, Latchi 8820, Cyprus (Formerly Elia Latchi Holiday Village)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal place to relax and re-energise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I went to Zening Resorts in Nov 2013 based on a friend's recommendation as a solo traveller. I had a lovely place, where my view was of the sea, the room was comfortable and had everything I needed.
I attended a variety of different classes: Yoga, Pilates, Tai-Chi, Meditation, classes were a good size and with very good instructors who were all friendly. There were a good selection of classes with good timings too.
The food at SOMA restaurant was really good. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The chef John comes out in the evening to greet the guests and asks what they think of the food. My favourite was the vegetable wrap, lasagne and chocolate cake. The fish was also nice too I loved all the food there. I always looked forward to the food! The staff at the restaurant were nice and friendly and I loved the breathtaking view when I had breakfast and lunch sitting outside.
The staff at Reception and on the grounds were really nice too and made me feel very welcome.
I also tried out the massages and they were heavenly! I had a pedicure there too which was also nice.
If you want a trip to rewind, take a break or relax Zening resorts is the place to be. I also went on a hike where the views were stunning! I was a bit out of breath but the views were worth it. And also going to a nearby farm for a visit to see some of the local produce was great too.
I would take definitely come back as I enjoyed it so much!

Room Tip: Try and ask for rooms with a view of the sea. This is such a great view when waking up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Many journalists, writers, yoga teachers and wellness professionals have visited Cyprus this winter and experienced the nature and beauty of this area and our resort. Based on their feedback we will be operating all year around.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It is such a gift to stay at Zening Resorts in Latchi: a remote, peaceful and special place in the Mediterranean world where you can feel authenticity and simplicity.

The Resort is composed of a luxurious lush green garden with fig trees, palm trees, pomegranate trees, bright flowers, two swimming pools, a spa and many beautiful open spaces to sunbathe or read or just do nothing. All the bungalows are brand new with a cute balcony, stunning sesside view, modern facilities like aircon, fridge and hairdyer...oh, and I forgot: there is green tea and herbal tea bags to welcome each visitor.
I was treated like a princess with a buffet of delicious fresh and healthy vegetarian food and was happy to share my meals with new friends coming from all over the world.

During these four days, inspired by the peacefulness and the harmony all around me, I could immerse myself in the practice of yoga, in kundalini meditation, dynamic meditation, sitting meditation, dancing meditation, jogging meditation, sun bathing meditation, seaside walking meditation, even working meditation and eating meditation...and of course the beauty of meeting new friends and discovering the cute town of Latchi, the sea, the marina, the hills and countryside all around and the friendliness of the local people.

In this peaceful atmosphere everything became a meditation and I found myself deeply rejuvenated, inspired, relaxed and energized - And so grateful for a Splendid Holiday! Thank you Zening Resorts!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here in October 2013. At the end of my stay I was very relaxed and rejuvenated. The rooms/apartments are clean, well decorated and have some nice touches like a good coffee machine and a seperate tap for their own water supplied from an underground well, l I think.
All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They certainly made me feel like a very welcome guest. Ask Boshka (on reception) for anything and she will try to get it for you. John the chef will try to accommodate any food requests you might have and I would highly recommend this restaurant above others in the area. The presentation was second to none and all the produce was local and fresh. Breakfast was perfect with good coffee and a fantastic view. Sulla, Ilias, Nectarios and Viktor ensured that coffee/eggs/wine were delivered to the table promptly and with a smile. The local wine is very good but a little pricey.
Due to the lack of children/phones/etc the resort was very peaceful and calm.
The spa is definitely worth a visit or two for treatments, steam and sauna - the relaxation room has a beautiful film playing that lulls you into a state of bliss. Aaah.
I had yoga sessions, meditation, pilates and a fantastic Tai Chi lesson with Nikos.
The resort is just a short walk from the local town but it's not for party animals - thankfully!
The only thing that I felt could be improved upon was the activities schedule. It was a little changeable which meant organising your day to take the classes you wanted to could be difficult at times.
The manager Jeremy was very open to hearing feedback from guests and he did it all with good grace and a friendly manner. I would highly recommend the Zening Resort as a place to iron out the stresses of every day life and I wish that every hotel I stayed in made me feel as welcome as the people here did. I can't praise the staff highly enough.
Also, very safe and comfortable for solo females. Free Wi-fi that works well. Laptops for use in library. If you don't mind driving, hire a car from the airport as it's cheaper than taking a transfer by other means.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Limassol, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Lovely place for relaxation and switching off from everyday fast past life styles. Restaurant serves healthy and only fresh local produce, (no meat but locally and catch of the day fish and seafood) professional and friendly staff, Chef John is a top guy who makes you feel very welcome and goes out of his way to please - massage is highly recommended by the professional on site staff and so is the free yoga classes. Overlooking Latchi bay and harbour the resort offers fantastic views of the Mediterranean and within 10 minutes walk from the harbour which offers a variety of fish taverns serving fresh seafood etc and boat trips and hire to nearby lagoons and bays. A must visit place you will not regret but don't gave a 5 star expectations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived late at night but were taken (by car) to our room where some food was left in our fridge. This was a lovely touch.
Our room was spacious and clean. We were given two single beds pushed together which wasn't ideal but the following day the cleaners put a sheet across both beds to try and make them appear as one.
The hotel was nearly empty which was perfect for us. It was very quite and relaxing. I didn't try as many of the classes available as I had intend to. The weather was so beautiful that sunbathing by the pool won me over most of the time! We played tennis every day, tried one yoga class and one Pilates class, both were very good.
The food in the resort was delicious. Very fresh and filling. The waiting staff were all very helpful and friendly. No complaints at all.
The wifi is excellent and free. It works all over the hotel including the rooms and by the pools.
We hired a rental car from the hotel so we could go to the other side of the island one day. IT was a smooth transaction. The car could have done with a clean however before being rented to guests.

Areas for improvement:
1. Cyprus seems to have a big problem with cats. This is fine if you are a cat lover but I really didn't appreciate cats being fed from guests tables during dinner in the restaurant or cats making me jump every time i dozed off on the sun lounger. Of course the hotel cannot rid the country of feral cats but they could do less to make them feel so welcome - especially at dinner.
2. In our room, the water pressure and temperature was a big problem. The water came out of the bathroom tap like it was literally being pumped from the UK. It was so bad that I had to turn on the shower to brush my teeth or wash my hands. The shower pressure was only a little better. The shower only had two temperatures. Scalding hot or luke warm/cool. No in-between. We did report this issue but we were told "oh sorry the water pressure is quite bad". Not really what we had hoped for.
3. The kettle in our room stopped working on day three. It was never replaced even after asking for a replacement on two occasions. When we asked for coffee sachets so that we could use the coffee machine in our room we were told that we had to BUY coffee sachets to use. We were not at all impressed with this response.
4. Use of the spa and prices were not very clearly communicated. I would have expected the use of the steam room / sauna / indoor pool to be included in the cost of the holiday rather than having to pay.
5. There is also no telephone in the rooms. Considering the use of mobile phones is discouraged in the is hotel it would be helpful for a phone to be in the room so that reception could be contacted without having to walk there.

Despite the above comments we had a lovely week and would consider going back if the water issues in the room were addressed.

Room Tip: Our room backed onto the main pool. Perfect location but poor water pressure!
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for the comments and appreciation. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation with us.
The issues you have reported should have been addressed during your stay. I am not satisfied with my team's response to your complaints about water pressure.
The water pressure and temperature issue should have been resolved as soon as you reported it. Even though there are occasional issues with water pressure beyond our control, we had plenty of free rooms and the team should have offered you a different room.
As you mention, Cyprus does indeed have a large cat population and we have been making every effort to ensure our guests are not bothered. Obviously we have been failing. We continue to offer these cats to shelters but they too are overwhelmed. Humane treatment of all animals is important to us and we are looking for other ways to make the resort cat free
Our team should have better informed you the policy on premium products and services.
I can assure you we will do a much better job next time you visit us and you will have an even more enjoyable holiday.
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

All you could wish for, if you want peace, tranquillity and somewhere to gather your thoughts in a hectic world- then THIS is the place to go...............Vegetarian, no TV, no mobiles, no papers, no kids, no noise, no kidding! View to die for at mealtime, and yoga at 7.30 am to start the day. not everyone's cup of tea but it's what we paid for

ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us at ZENING and taking the time to review us. Its wonderful you enjoyed your stay in Cyprus and had a good time at ZENING. You will find us working ever harder, always trying to provide best possible attention and service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Thanks and kind regards,
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have to write this review based on what we paid for this place, which was a great deal through an agent at less than 80 euros a night. At this price this place is a steal, a complete bargain. The hotel is beautiful, we found its 'unfinished' nature to be almost unnoticeable. It is beautifully appointed on the clifftop, with lovely views from the restaurant for breakfast. The pool is absolutely lovely, beautiful design and a joy to use. The room was simlarly well appointed, new, with a decor which is not fancy but in keeping with the relaxed feel of the place. The gardens are beuatifully kept and the army of staff attending to the place are unintrusive.

Impossible not to mention the philosophy. Initially sceptical of the whole 'zen' issue, we soon realised this is a deliberate attempt to promote genuine relaxation and is not an in your face style of enforced chill out. Rather you take zening as you find it, relax and enjoy a place that is quieter and healthier than average, but by no means oppressively so.

Breakfast - without red meat? Yes, and its beautiful - freshly made pancakes with honey, herb baked tomatoes with cheeses and salad, eggs in different ways, various breads, yogurt and fruit. The best coffee i have had in a long time. You won't leave the breakfast table disappointed.

Location is in latchi, high up above the road. Here is one of zenings few weaknesses, in that it is not completely isolated from all other humanity. However, lets call this an advantage in that it is close to all the other amenities and activities beyond the confines of the hotel itself.

Zening is difficult to describe in its entirety and hard to do justice to with words. It is not like anywhere else i have ever stayed. It was, genuinely, immensely enjoyable.

Service here is excellent throughout, the staff as chilled as the billing, but attentive and genuine. Only drawback (for me) was the fact that they all wear a blue shirt with the words ' here to serve' emblazoned across the shoulders. in keeping with the philosophy, id have that changed to ' here to help' next time out at the printers. Or not at all. Let the excellent service do the talking, guests know great service when they see it, they don't need to be reminded through advertising.

There are points to improve/tips:

Take a torch for nightime navigation round the hotel
If u dont like cats make sure and get a balcony room instead of a terrace (i love cats and they completely enhanced my stay)
If you are one of these people who measures the success of your holiday based on the square footage of your hotel room (in which case God love you you poor thing), then zening isnt for you - the rooms are lovely, but they are not massive - zen'ing isnt for you anyhow
As is the current trend in cyprus, hotel safes are not made to a size that will accommodate an ipad!

Zening, you are maxi relaxi, we will be back...

Room Tip: Don't love cats (whats wrong with you?) - Sleep upstairs. Love cats? Sleep downstairs.
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Your review made me very proud of my team as a manager and it is good to know we all succeeded in giving you such a wonderful holiday.
We will do our beat to make your next holiday even more relaxing.
Thanks for the improvement suggestions. We will make sure to attend to them.
You have captured our concept of a quiet and totally laid back holiday so very perfectly.
We feel very lucky to have so discerning and sophisticated guests.

Been to Zening Resorts? Share your experiences!