“Only Positive Comments for these Apartments!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Gregoriou Afxentiou Avenue, Larnaka 6023, Cyprus   |
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,740 helpful votes 1,740 helpful votes
“Only Positive Comments for these Apartments!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have commented on the Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments in May when some relatives were staying here and I spent much time with them. On this trip I decided to book here since I knew exactly what to expect and I was very satisfied with what offered from my previous trip to Larnaca.

It is a good value for money, the apartments are huge and if you are lucky you can get an apartment on the back road which is slightly quieter. Of course I always carry my ear plugs along! Young people tend to speed foolishly any time of the day, so this is not a matter or problem of any of the hotels in the city. It can happen anywhere at any time of the day or night!

I stayed 3 nights here while in Larnaca. The stay was pleasant as I had everything I needed in the apartment. I never went for breakfast since I could prepare my own breakfast in my own kitchen, and I find people who complain about the continental breakfast here, totally unfair. They should thank God that the management offers any breakfast at all, as usually this does not happen elsewhere. Don’t forget that we are staying in apartments and not in a hotel! I had a huge fridge, full kitchenette with all amenities included, so why the fuss about the continental breakfast? The bedroom had a big wardrobe, chest of drawers, and there was air conditioning in both rooms. TV was a bit confusing for me at first because I had to use two remote controls to watch anything but it was easy when George showed me how to use it.

The Apartments are popular, and people who have stayed before keep coming back. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff professionals. Most of the times the apartments are fully booked and for this reason I recommend booking well in advance. Internet is free here and as a Guide Writer I have much work and emails to answer, and I had all the time to check and do my work over my laptop without having to spend more money on internet like in other hotels in the area.

Another asset to the hotel is the mini market which is kept open 24 hours a day. It is too handy believe me and it surely counted a lot to me! The ladies working here and the staff are very polite, and helpful. They are truly experienced and this shows.

The rooms are clean, the sheets bright white, and the towels have a pleasant flowery smell. There was no washing liquid though to wash the dishes, but I kindly asked the lady who cleans and she left me some in my kitchen together with a sponge.

I got a taxi from the Airport to come to the Apartments in 5 minutes and I paid 12 euro. There are times when taxi drivers can ask for more but they never exceed the 14 euro which is the maximum they will ask. The apartments are only 5 minute walk to Finikoudes (Palm Tree Promenade) and from there one can pick the different buses for the villages and other cities. The bus stop is only 7 minutes on foot.

For people coming by car, there is a free parking lot behind the apartments. If you plan to hire a car and spend some days in Larnaca, I suggest that you do the sight-seeing first (two or three days) and hire a car when you finish with Larnaca and want to drive to another city. Most of the interesting things to see are simply in the round area where you can easily visit on foot.
The Tourist office information is just 3 minutes walk from the Apartments and I urge tourists to drop by and get the newest leaflets with info about places to see, and find out about the free trails in the city. The beach in front of the Palm Tree Avenue is ideal for little children because the waters are shallow.

The hotel apartments are ideal for families and not only as they are really spacious and there is plenty of room to accommodate two small children on the sitting room couch. I highly recommend it and I would certainly book again here than stay in a hotel opposite the beach front. I honestly would not trade it for any other hotel even if it was a 4 or 5 stars giving you the feeling that you are at your own home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed 1 noight here, and we got a 2 bedroom apartment. The size of the place was huge, with cable TV, AC and all the usual apartment ammenities. Nice location, 5 minutes ftom the beach. However do not get a room facing the street: it sounded that they bikes street racing on my room. Good value, since price is low. Ah, internet on the lobby worked just fine.

Room Tip: Never get a room facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Iasi, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed for 10 nights and it was great! We highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Larnaca. Our staying was perfect and the staff was friendly and willing to help us whenever we had questions. It's 2 minutes away from the beach, from the Tourist information center, from the shopping area and from the main bus station ( we took the bus daily to other resorts in order to try other beaches), so it couldn't be located better. Before getting there we read on different sites that it's a lot of noise during the night, but it depends on which side of the hotel your room is. We were lucky and we were on the quiet side, it seems. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

good staff,pleasant environment,clean rooms and renovated!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,740 helpful votes 1,740 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I recently returned from Cyprus and happened to visit these apartments as a relative of mine had booked here for a week and I visited them three or four times spending much time with them. I believe they are worth their value.
They are recently renovated, lovely and spacious, clean and reasonably priced. Friendly staff with free parking. The 24h mini market next to the reception is something to be considered.
A taxi from the Airport to the apartments costs 12-14 euro. The location is excellent. Just a 3 minute walk to the Palm Avenue –Phinikoudes Promenade which is full of restaurants, pubs, and café bars and has a beautiful sandy beach which is ideal for children. The shopping area is again 3 to 5 minute walk.
I had a look on reviews of people commenting on the breakfast. Surely it is a continental and not a buffet here, and it is up to the individuals staying here to choose to have a (royal breakfast) if they wish since the apartments have all the amenities to prepare such breakfast in their kitchen. It is unfair to complain at least on this.
Wifi is fast and free and it is something which I count a lot on as a business woman.

The two drawbacks are the traffic and noise which sometimes gets worse during the weekends, and the fact that you have to pay extra for air condition. Count on this because it can be really hot during July and August and you will surely need it. It is 5 euro per night for every unit.

I would strongly recommend it for families, older people and youngsters. I would love to book here when I visit Cyprus again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Best value for money ever. I stayed in this hotel for a night and it was all perfect. This hotel is located in the town center making everyhting easy and convenient, 5 min walk from the sea front and 2 minutes from all commercial shops Free wifi in common areas. Recently rennovated. new furniture, fridge, ceramic hob, and lcd. Personel was very helpful and friendly. I would be very unfair to neglect mentioning the 24h mini market in the hotel apartment which i personally consider it a big plus. I would strongly recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Was hard to find, cab driver from airport had to ask around to find it. Although we came from back street which really didnt look that safe, it turned out to be all great. Good internet access, average breakfast, very good rooms, big windows, fridge and everything you need in room, but still spacious.
situated in walking distance to beach (northern end of main beach) and 5mins walk to good food places. Were also very helpful in setting up internet, giving recommendations, 24hrs shop attached to it.
On the negative: though windows closed, we could hear whatever was going on outside, so quite loud at night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!