“Great hotel with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Frixos Suites Hotel apts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Aphrodite Str | Voroklini 7041, Larnaka 7040, Cyprus   |
Ranked #2 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I recently spent 5 nights at the Frixos hotel and was not disappointed. I had a lovely spacious apartment with a sea view. The apartments are well decorated and clean, and had everything I needed - walk-in shower, satellite TV, balcony and air con. The kitchen has a microwave, fridge, kettle and some utensils, I had to ask for a frying pan and chopping board but that was no problem. Unfortunately I was unable to eat most of the breakfast options, but they did offer to make something especially for me. The breakfast buffet would suit most people as there was a wide continental and fried breakfast selection.

The hotel is well located, only a few minutes from the beach, restaurants and supermarkets. The bus stop is also about 2 minutes walk, which is very handy if you want to go into town – 2 euros for a day ticket, bargain!

The staff are very friendly at Frixos, nothing seems to be too much trouble. They were able to help me out with public transport, places to eat and calling my transfer company when they were running late! They also allowed me to have a quick shower and change before I got on my night flight home (it had been a long day in the sun). I couldn’t ask for more from Frixos and will definitely stay here again, its certainly one of the best places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view, some rooms face the busy road.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MariosL, Front Office Manager at Frixos Suites Hotel apts, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Miss Pritpal Gill,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your holidays in our unit. We are looking forward to see you again.

Best Regards,

Marios Louka.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Paderborn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

For its relatively small size the Frixos overshadows the much larger Palm Beach Hotel which it stand next to in terms of:cleanliness, service, friendliness and price.

This hotel offers a homely feel alongside 'chic' decoraction and a pristine 24hr personable and helpful reception service.

The rooms, or I should say small aperments are functional and comfortable.

The pool is a good size, but more importanly it is surrounded with VERY comfortable sunloungers.

The breakfast buffet consists of a cooked 'english style' breakfast along side the continental meats and cheeses and crossants. The chef is also happy to cook you fresh eggs - you only have to ask.

If you are staying by the pool during the day then reasonably priced hot and cold snacks / sandwiches are available.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance; also the bus stop is just outside the front door.

This is a newly refurbished hotel and was clean as a whistle during our stay.

The staff are friendly and are only too pleased to be of assistance - all you have to do is ask Marious or any of the other staff.

It was always reasurring to come in in the early hours and find the smiling face of the duty manager.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

my wife, my litle son and i want to say thank you to the team in this familar and nice place...! I never saw such a friendly service before in a holiday... Good tip for familys especially with small kids! If you want to visit larnaka, you have to stay at FRIXOS...!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed in Frixos Suites Hotel in July 2011 for a week-vacation with my boyfriend, and I could say these were the best vacations we ever had!
We have been there another time time in October 2 years ago, and were also satisfied from the hotel, but now that it has been renovated I definitely rate it as a 5-star hotel!!!
Everything is brand new, the apartments are really classy, spacious and comfortable.
Everyday the rooms are being cleaned and clean, fresh towels are offered - something I do not see quite often in hotels!
The pool is fantastic - extra big - and I also enjoyed the saouna and the stem-bath rooms!!
What about the staff?? Well, this hotel is a family business hotel and what I love the most about these people is that from the first moment you set foot there, they make you feel you are family to them - their services are of this quality !!
What made me feel like a ''queen'' was that I had everything I asked for at the same time - and trust me, I am a really fussy person !!!
I liked the pool bar - the mojitos were great !!!
The prices are really reasonable and I could say cheap - as they offer a very big apartment with free internet access, including access to all the facilities.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who 's looking for a great place to stay and enjoy the island of Cyprus.
Well, I didn't want to leave my room even to go out !!!
Visit them :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I went to the hotel at the re-opening. We were having a really good service. Anything we want for our comfort. Those peoples working hard to make us happy. Really friendly personel !!! The facilities are perfect. Little bar, Pool, internet,food, playground and pool for kids. The room are really comfy, a/c, kitchen.... also perfect if you dont want to spend all your time in restaurants. Really Its a great place, brand new renovation.... If I have the chance to comming back in Larnaca, Ill will going back to the FRIXOS !!!

I didnt have photos, but some of the pics are old.... Its all new !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

When you go there, you are consider like part of their family. Always there to make you happy and it's the best place if you want to have privacy and all the accomodation of a bigger hotel
5/5!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Grimsby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

From the exterior, the Frixos seems like a nice, well kept hotel. The phrase 'Never judge a book by it's cover' is quite apt here.
We knew that it wasn't going to be anything special, more of a base to retire to at night time than anything, basic but dated. So here we go...
The kitchen units were very mismatched and pretty much falling to pieces. The hotel advertises itself as self catering, yet we only had one small, burnt pan in which to do our cooking. The shower riser rail was hanging off of the wall, kept up by a piece of wire twisted around a screw. The holder for the shower head was very loose, and if the water pressure was too low (as was the case most of the time), the water would just spray onto the tiles and flood the floor. The plug hole in the bath unit was covered in rust, and in the tiles (where the water was spraying) was an electrical blank plate, un-sealed, with cables behind it!!
Our first night there, I plugged in the kettle in our room, (which had some bizarre extension device connected to the plug) and the fuse blew, we took it down to reception were the chap on duty removed this strange extension device, to reveal some very, very badly burnt out prongs on the original plug. He started scraping at the burnt metal with a knife, blowing on it, and eventually gave it back to us to use. Oh dear.
Sadly, our room was directly over the patio doors which led from the bar area to the pool, & we were regularly woken by the night staff talking very loudly between 1 and 3 in the morning. Oh, and the light on our balcony didn't work, which I reported twice during our stay.
The area of Larnaca it is in is 8 miles from the main Sun Beach Plaza area where the shops and restauraunts can be found, which though only a 1 euro bus ride away is a bit of a pain if you want to have a few drinks of an eve. The only reason we stayed in this hotel is because my brother arranged for us to stay there because it was right next door to his hotel.

To summarise, spend a little bit more, and stay at the other end of Larnaca, at the Sun Beach Plaza where all the action is. And we would highly recommend the Sea Safari Day cruise you can book from the Larnaca marina pier. I always like to end on a positive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Frixos Suites Hotel apts? Share your experiences!