“5 star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Achilleos City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Achilleos City Hotel to your Saves list
Achilleos City Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mitsi street, Larnaka 6022, Cyprus (Formerly Achilleos Hotel Apt)   |
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Cairo
“5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Superd hotel. Service, location, room, all were outstanding.
The room is 5 star standard and the staff is friendly and always pleasant. The location is perfect and had access to the beach, restaurants and shopping. Overall was one of our best experiences

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
achilleas a, General Manager at Achilleos City Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear " 5 Star Hotel " from a customer. Even if we are a small team, we always try to deliver the best for our guests and to hear that our efforts are giving results it is the biggest satisfaction. Thank you !

Achilleos Achilleas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel is located right behind the McDonald's on Finikoudes Beach. Excellent location. Very close to the beach and very close to shopping. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious. The lady who runs the kitchen is stellar. The rooms are a good size. Furniture is a bit dated but okay. Internet is fast and was included in room rate. You can have more than one computer per room. We had the deluxe room with hot tub....no balcony and few windows. The elevator is very small so use the stairs if you want.
It's all good. 15 euro flat rate to the airport. Difficult to find if you are driving (due to small winding streets). If you are driving, go to the McDonalds and walk through the store out the back entrance. The hotel is right there.
I would stay there again for sure. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel.
I am glad to see that you have enjoyed our Deluxe Suite With the Hot Tube. It is also my favorite room of the hotel! Thank you for the extra pictures ! It is quite difficult to find us due to location in the small streets of the center but as you mentioned the most efficient way to find us is to look for MCDonalds on Finikoudes road.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Evelyne Patras
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Located very central, close to the sea-promenade, this hotel can be highly recommended.
Air-condition in rooms and modern furniture and room design. Great bathrooms. Super Clean everywhere. Highly recommended but when check out we had some problems regarding the invoice - the man in reception was not able to print it correctly and after at least 45 minutes waiting we had to go to the Airport. But overall a nice alternative in Larnaca - both if here on business or for leisure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in order to write this review.
Regarding the delay with the invoice, we apologize for this and we would like to mention that the receptionist was doing the first shift at our hotel and was not able to handle all the situations yet. We took this matter in consideration and he was given proper training in order to avoid this again.

We look forward to seeing you again !

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

After a horrible day of travel with a missed connection and less than friendly airline personnel I walk into this hotel and am greeted by George the night manager. He takes one look at me, gives me my room key and suggested I go to bed that I could check in later that morning. A great guy! I have stayed in nicer hotels that have better and bigger rooms but the staff is what sets this place apart from the rest. I was in one of the budget priced rooms that probably would have been too small for two people with big suitcases. But it was comfortable. What I didn't like about the room was it had a refrigerator in it but it was a small vending refrigerator. You couldn't store anything in it. And the iron in the room, when I needed to press some clothes for a meeting, had a frayed cord that could have been quite dangerous had someone touched it while it was plugged in. I only had the buffet once but cannot really say it set the world on fire. In terms of location you have a 3 minute walk to the beach, bars and restaurants. Great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

First of all I would like to mention that the safety and comfort for our clients is one of the most important objectives. The issue with the irons, at the time of your stay , was in progress of being fixed and now I can assure you that all the damaged irons were replaced with new ones.
Second of all , I know that George's intention was positive and he wanted to make you feel like home and welcomed but please take into consideration that this is not an usual procedure for the hotel.

Generally thank you for your honest opinion about the hotel. Any issues encountered by you as a guest are always taken into consideration by our team and we always try our best to improve the conditions and the comfort for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back here !

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed only one night in this hotel after arriving late from Gatwick.

Glad I got a taxi though because I wouldn’t have found it in the hire car it’s tucked in one of the back streets off the front but an easy walk to the main drag (through McDonalds) where all the restaurants and bar’s are.

The room was excellent although no view, staff where great and the breakfast was typical Cypriot all at a very good price although I did book direct 11 months before my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review!
I am glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel after your long late flight!
I must agree with you about the view. Due to our location in the small back streets, even though we are 2 seconds away from the sea, we cannot provide rooms with a sea view. The only sea view room is the breakfast room which makes it a great starter of the day.

We hope to see you again soon and to have you rest at our hotel once more !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I with my husband spent really great vocation in Cyprus and stayed in this hotel.The staff were very friendly and responsive.At first we got the room with the view to the market and Mc Donald, but staff was so kind that they agreed to change our room to the better one.The breakfast was awesome and we enjoyed them, the food was varied.The rooms were perfect and cosy. Near the hotel are beach,all shops,restaurants and the centre!We used the special offer wich was for 8 nights.If we will go to Larnaca again we will definitely stay in this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Superiror suit rooms, higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is lovely to see such a great review about the hotel because it makes us feel like our hard work is finally giving results. I am glad to see that you was satisfied with our conditions and services.

We will be more than happy to have you here again!

Kind regards,
Achilleos Achilleos
Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is my first review here but I thought this hotel deserves every single word of praise. From the moment in you can sense the great and friendly atmosphere.. smoothed check-in and within minutes you are in your room. The room is spotlessly clean, moderately furnished and taken care of on a daily basis. The hotel is in a quiet street and just through the back door to finikoudes the place to be in larnaca. Breakfast buffet was great and the gym and spa were wonderful, wifi excellent in every spot of the hotel. This hotel sits firmly in the 5 star ranking and you will never find anywhere better in larnaca. What really made my 9 days stay there were the wonderful staff who will jump to your help at any moment. Well done achilleos.. I will definetley stay there again next time and thank you all for being the highlight of my stay in larnaca. Ahmed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
achilleas a, General Manager at Achilleos City Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that our impression on you made give the time and effort for you to write for us a review and to put your experience online. We appreciate very much the words about the hotel and it brought me a smile to my face to see that our efforts are being noticed. Thank you!

We will be more than happy to have you here again!

Achilleas Achilleos

Been to Achilleos City Hotel? Share your experiences!