“Outstanding Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Achilleos City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Achilleos City Hotel to your Saves list
Achilleos City Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mitsi street, Larnaka 6022, Cyprus (Formerly Achilleos Hotel Apt)   |
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

After a horrible day of travel with a missed connection and less than friendly airline personnel I walk into this hotel and am greeted by George the night manager. He takes one look at me, gives me my room key and suggested I go to bed that I could check in later that morning. A great guy! I have stayed in nicer hotels that have better and bigger rooms but the staff is what sets this place apart from the rest. I was in one of the budget priced rooms that probably would have been too small for two people with big suitcases. But it was comfortable. What I didn't like about the room was it had a refrigerator in it but it was a small vending refrigerator. You couldn't store anything in it. And the iron in the room, when I needed to press some clothes for a meeting, had a frayed cord that could have been quite dangerous had someone touched it while it was plugged in. I only had the buffet once but cannot really say it set the world on fire. In terms of location you have a 3 minute walk to the beach, bars and restaurants. Great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
achilleas a, General Manager at Achilleos City Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

First of all I would like to mention that the safety and comfort for our clients is one of the most important objectives. The issue with the irons, at the time of your stay , was in progress of being fixed and now I can assure you that all the damaged irons were replaced with new ones.
Second of all , I know that George's intention was positive and he wanted to make you feel like home and welcomed but please take into consideration that this is not an usual procedure for the hotel.

Generally thank you for your honest opinion about the hotel. Any issues encountered by you as a guest are always taken into consideration by our team and we always try our best to improve the conditions and the comfort for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back here !

Achilleos Achilleas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed only one night in this hotel after arriving late from Gatwick.

Glad I got a taxi though because I wouldn’t have found it in the hire car it’s tucked in one of the back streets off the front but an easy walk to the main drag (through McDonalds) where all the restaurants and bar’s are.

The room was excellent although no view, staff where great and the breakfast was typical Cypriot all at a very good price although I did book direct 11 months before my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review!
I am glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel after your long late flight!
I must agree with you about the view. Due to our location in the small back streets, even though we are 2 seconds away from the sea, we cannot provide rooms with a sea view. The only sea view room is the breakfast room which makes it a great starter of the day.

We hope to see you again soon and to have you rest at our hotel once more !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I with my husband spent really great vocation in Cyprus and stayed in this hotel.The staff were very friendly and responsive.At first we got the room with the view to the market and Mc Donald, but staff was so kind that they agreed to change our room to the better one.The breakfast was awesome and we enjoyed them, the food was varied.The rooms were perfect and cosy. Near the hotel are beach,all shops,restaurants and the centre!We used the special offer wich was for 8 nights.If we will go to Larnaca again we will definitely stay in this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Superiror suit rooms, higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is lovely to see such a great review about the hotel because it makes us feel like our hard work is finally giving results. I am glad to see that you was satisfied with our conditions and services.

We will be more than happy to have you here again!

Kind regards,
Achilleos Achilleos
Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is my first review here but I thought this hotel deserves every single word of praise. From the moment in you can sense the great and friendly atmosphere.. smoothed check-in and within minutes you are in your room. The room is spotlessly clean, moderately furnished and taken care of on a daily basis. The hotel is in a quiet street and just through the back door to finikoudes the place to be in larnaca. Breakfast buffet was great and the gym and spa were wonderful, wifi excellent in every spot of the hotel. This hotel sits firmly in the 5 star ranking and you will never find anywhere better in larnaca. What really made my 9 days stay there were the wonderful staff who will jump to your help at any moment. Well done achilleos.. I will definetley stay there again next time and thank you all for being the highlight of my stay in larnaca. Ahmed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
achilleas a, General Manager at Achilleos City Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that our impression on you made give the time and effort for you to write for us a review and to put your experience online. We appreciate very much the words about the hotel and it brought me a smile to my face to see that our efforts are being noticed. Thank you!

We will be more than happy to have you here again!

Achilleas Achilleos
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding, I couldn't fault anything the staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Also the view from the breakfast room is lovely over looking the sea. Plus everything is so close, beach, shops, restaurants, town centre

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your short, clean and beautiful review!
The Achilleos Team is happy to hear that we have managed to satisfy you and we hope to hear from you again.

Kindest Regards,

Achilleas Achilleos
Rehovot, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We took the Deluxe Suite - it was really great! The room is not huge, but big enough, and very very comfortable. Designed with style and good taste. Very pleasant to be in. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The stuff is very nice. They even gave us a lap-top to use free of charge. The breakfast was very good.
The location is the best!!! In the very center, very close to the beach (1 minute walking), to the municipality (to the ones who come to get married), to the pubs, cafes and restaurants.
We enjoyed this hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all congratulations on your wedding and thank you for shearing your wedding photo's with us on Facebook. They are marvelous and you both look amazing in them! We are glad to make two more visitors happy , especially on the most important day of their lives.

Kindest Regards,
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel for one night. It locates in the old town with a parking area nearby. It's 2 mins walk from the hotel to the beach.

Below is the pro and con.

Pro:
1. Breakfast is lovely, with a enjoyful view of the sea outside window.
2. The staff is very nice. When we said we want some fruit, he led us into the hotel kitchen and pickup whatever fruit we want. Really appreciated.
3. The parking area nearby is free to hotel guests.
4. Room facility is modern.

Con:
1. It took me long time to find the hotel by driving at night. Maybe in daylight it will be easier.

In summary, I enjoyed staying there and I may probably stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
achilleas a, General Manager at Achilleos City Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your great review and we thank you for taking your time to write a few words about our place. I admit it that it is a little difficult to arrive to the hotel due to the small one-way streets in the city center.

Our team hopes to hear from you soon!

Achilleos Achilleas

Been to Achilleos City Hotel? Share your experiences!