“A wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Livadhiotis City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Livadhiotis City Hotel to your Saves list
Livadhiotis City Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Nikolaou Rossou | St. Lazarus Square, Larnaka 6021, Cyprus   |
Ranked #5 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
Tirgoviste
“A wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Whole summer I was dreaming about my holiday in Larnaca. And my dream was very close to the real thing.
First of all the hotel is well situated - near St. Lazarus church which is very beautiful and 3-4 minutes walking to the beach. We arrived in the hotel a little early and our room were not ready yet. This was not a problem. We left our luggage to the reception and we went to have lunch to Alexander, near the beach, just around the corner- they have very good food, home made type, very tasteful.
When we came back our room was ready. We were 3 adults and we shared a triple room, which had a very good size. We had a long entrance hall and then on the right had it was the bathroom- with a bath tub. When we entered in the room we were stroked by the coolness and the nice smell of tidiness. We had a small balcony with a partial view to the sea. It was love at first sight. We were very pleased about the accommodation. We had a small issue with our fridge that did not worked, but they took care of that and replace it with a good one.
The air conditioned worked very well. We did not had a remote control. Everything was set from the reception. We could touch the button for turning on or off. The position of the air-conditioned was very good. None of us was standing in the way of cool breeze. The room was on the quite part of the hotel and we did not hear the street noise.
Breakfast, was very lovely. Each morning we sat in the interior terrace and we enjoyed our coffee. I particularly like the olives and the olive pie. Everything was very fresh and tasteful.
The rooms were always cleaned and smelled very nice. I liked the fact that were not bother by the cleaning lady. You did not even realize that someone is doing that. When we returned from the beach our room was already done. The Wi-fi worked only in the lobby but it was very good.
We also took one day trip to Jerusalem which was amazing. We went to Nissi Beach in Aya Napa and we visited Nicosia and Kerenya. We were very pleased about the holiday. Too bad that it was so short. I really hope to come back one day. Livadhiotis thank you for everything!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Zeuthen, BRB, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are staying in Livadhiotis since its beginning. We always felt welcomed. In all situations the staff was friendly and helpful, Cleo is a real gift.
The hotel is located in the heart of the town, just between castle, mosque and Ayios Lazaros. It is only a few steps to the beach, wonderful !
At the end of a hot day you can enjoy an ice cold KEO beer in the blue cafe.
And the best is to wake up sunday morning with St. Lazarus bells and the priest's speech, cosy and peaceful.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I wasn't expecting much as I had picked this hotel based on its proximity to the airport and its price but boy was I surprised. It was spotlessly clean and the people were lovely and helpful. It was right near the boulevard and two minute's walk from the beach with wonderful watersports. It has a lovely bar downstairs where you could also buy food. The service was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again!!!! Top marks!!!! No complaints!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if possible....lovely addition if you can get it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Cool,airy atmosphere,ideally situated with all possible amenities within walking distance. Good,clean rooms with efficient daily housekeeping,only complaint lack of reading lamp....
Kind,helpful,serviceminded reception staff,most capable in correcting faults and "mistakes" caused by travel agencys indifference and sloppiness in dealing with single travellers! Nice bar/cafe with attentive and informative staff.Adequate breakfast with hot dishes kept hot and cold ones cold.....
For those not entirely dependant on aquired tastes for the products of KFC,McDonalds,PizzaHut,TGI Fridays et al: Go down to the castle,turn right and follow the road to Mckenzie Beach: In this area you will find several different kettles of (and meat) so to say....Hotel staff can be depended on for excellent advice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

In the town of Larnaca just of the boulevard is the Livadhiotis Hotel. It's location next to the famous church and not to far from the airport gives this hotel a great position to rest and relax.
Not too far away from the clubs and boulevard, but enough not to have any noise from them.
As Larnaca and it's surroundings have a great cultural history, the hotel is well situated for the exploration by foot or by car.
The staff is kind and helpful. Breakfast is good, and the rooms have good beds. Internet is fast, so you can stay connected well to the rest of the world. Always a pleasurable experience when visiting !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hi,
I stayed with this hotel 2 nights. within the first 2 hours I found 20-30 ants coming out of the hole in the baseboard! This was an uncomfortable feeling. I reported this to the front desk that refused to do anything! They were so rude and unhelpful with this ant matter. They accused me of only seeing one ant and making a big deal. I left it alone and just to to the beach to forget about my room situation.

I came back to the room 2 hours after a fun sun soaking afternoon and found 70-80 ants all over my bathroom counter in all over my brush and soap and face cleaner...etc. There were so many ants that I could no longer see the counter top. They covered the whole thing with their quantity. This was very alarming. I went to bring the front desk up but they said they cannot leave their post. They did not care and didn't think it was a big deal. I did not sleep all night. The over night front desk was more concerned about the soccer game on TV than my ant infestation. Needless to say, I did not sleep at all!!!!!!

This was an awful experience and left me really shocked. I have never seen so many ants together in my life. They were all over everything. They were coming from the bathroom vent which led to outside. Some rooms had old vents and others had newer vents.

I would never stay un this hotel ever!! You couldn't pay me enough to stay here. STAY AWAY PLEASE!!! Pay a little more of a better hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here unless you want to sleep with ants
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Check In:
After taking a taxi to the Hotel we eagerly proceeded to check in. After a fair bit of travelling in Europe we had come to expect the pseudo english speaking abilities of hotel staff. Livadhiotis is no exception as the reception had terrible mannerisms and poor english. As a married couple we were given a twin bed room, despite wanting a double bed. This is no big deal, and the staff was okay and got us a double bed room.

The room, as people have said here, the decor is a bit weird, but that is not problem either. We get in and there are about six or seven ants crawling on the ground. Being a hot european country we remove the ants and settle in. We continue seeing the odd ant on the floor and around the windows. Still tolerant. We goto the washroom and the entire counter is crawling around with Ants!! This was too much for us, after all we are paying to stay here. We go down to reception and they are skeptical of our story. However they have bottles and bottles of Ant killer in the front desk. They tell us there is no way to change our rooms and provide us with Ant Killer (permethrin). We decide to stay in the lobby for as long as possible and use the internet. Which was not working at all. I try to explain to the reception that the internet is down and she blames my device. Along with six other guests, we explain it is not our devices and it is her internet. She claims she does not know how to fix it, and just endure. Later that night, I ask when the manager will be in, the man at the front desk who is to busy watching football (soccer) on TV gives us an incompetent brush off.

Day 2:
We finally get our new room, which was Ant free. We talk to the manager in the morning and he is not very sympathetic towards our terrible experience. Offers nothing, and gives half baked apology. We book our Taxi to the airport and go on our way.

Overall, Cyprus (Larnaca) is a beautiful city and will make up for this terrible hotel. I think this is why guest do not notice the terrible service and incompetent staff.

Enjoy Larnaca, stay away from Livadhiotis.

Room Tip: Honestly, despite good reviews - Stay AWAY
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Livadhiotis City Hotel? Share your experiences!