“Fair hotel for a fair price” 3 of 5 stars

Larco Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Pontou Str | PO Box 40137, Larnaka 6533, Cyprus   |
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Pozarevac, Serbia
“Fair hotel for a fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed at Larco hotel with my family for 2 weeks.

First of all, I have to mention that this is a low budget hotel, so I will not compare it to the expensive and more equipped hotels I had stay at, but to the other low budget hotels.

It is conveniently located 10-15 minutes from the town center and the same from the Mackenzie beach. It is also very close to the airport.

The one bedroom apartment in which we have stayed is big enough for a family with a child. There is a kitchenette in the apartment, so you can cook if you want to. The furniture is a little bit old (probably older than the furniture in most average households), but it suites its purpose. In every room there is an air condition, which is really needed and you don't have to pay extra for it.

Speaking of extra payments, you will have to rent electric adapters for your electric devices because the electric plugs on Cyprus are different than those in continental Europe. You can rent one for 1 Euro + security deposit of 2 Euros which will be refunded at check out. It is not expensive, but in my opinion hotels should not try to make extra profit this way. Comfort of the guests should be at the first place, and the use of electric devices is the basic comfort so it should be free of charge.

The rooms are very clean (cleaned on daily basis) and if you decide to cook you do not have to worry about dirty dishes, because the maids will wash them for you.

The swimming pool is nice and there is a table tennis which you can play free of charge. There is also a pinball machine, some video games which you can play for 1 Euro, the gym and the sauna.

Drinks at the bar are a little bit pricey, having in mind that you can have the same drink by the sea for even or less money.

The breakfast is almost the same every day, but it is OK. If you want to dine out, there are nice and not much expensive restaurants near by.

The staff is very friendly and polite and they will try to meet every your demand. They are all very nice, but I have to mention a young man working at the reception because he is maybe the most polite receptionist I have ever seen.

During my stay there was a problem with hot water. This problem has easy solution, just let the reception know that there is no hot water and they will fix it in about 30 minutes.

If you want to stay at Larco hotel, just remember that this is a low budget hotel with very nice and friendly staff and you will not be disappointed at all. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is not a bad choice if you need a place to stay for a fair price, so I will have it in mind if I visit Larnaca again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
krasnoyarsk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I know that tastes differ! But I can recommend this hotel to those who likes simple things...The beach is not far! The people in reception and servis are very kind and ready to help and I didn't see unhappy faces in the hotel. Small territiry and small swimming pool wasn't the reason to feel sad!
I myself wasn't very well after sleeping in the room with pool view!!!My balcony was just above the bar and the pool- people were speaking loudly and the smell of smoke was till 4 a.m. but I don't think it's a problem of the hotel...the problem of visitors...

Room Tip: Try to change the room on time-when I first asked to change the room ther were days off but the next...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Yes the hotel is very basic; it's cheap, what do you expect! The staff are wonderful, all of them very friendly and prepared to turn their hand to any job that needs doing. The cleaner comes in every day and they give you toilet rolls and soap which I have never had in self catering before. If there is a problem- our sink developed a leak- Nikos fixed it very quickly with no fuss. Talida the maid, was lovely and we chatted to her whenever we were there when she was. All the reception staff were super helpful, especially when BA cancelled our flight. Although we had long checked out they fought to get us new transport. They could answer any questions and were always smiling and friendly when we went by. Such warmth and hospitality more than made up for the rooms being a little old. The beds were super comfortable. Rooms were well cleaned and the location is great; minutes from the beach and new promenade, for your evening 'Volta' and very close to the wonderful Valia cafe where they serve the most delicious souvlaki, as well as other things. Petros supermarket is right nearby and stocks everything you need at comparable prices to the big Metro. Town is a short walk along the seafront or through the city streets. At night it was quiet, despite being in town. We would go back certainly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The breakfast was awful , it is far away from city center, At breakfast don't have tea ! The receptionist it is ok .
When I came in morning the says wait until 13 but after that they announce us they don't have our rooms and they forced to move to another Hotel at 25 minutes taxi fair away ( they payed taxi ) Next days they bring back with taxi ( they pay too ) .
After this adventure i ask from some discount and they offer dinner for free to us !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was staying by myself at the Larco hotel as a young female. I was sitting in front of my window for a while, at a desk, at night time, working on a few projects. I got a phone call at 12am on the hotel phone, a man was calling me-telling me that he had been watching me for a while and asking me to come down stairs to have a cocktail with him. I was confused and scared and asked many times who he was, how he got my number, why he was watching me but he wouldn't give me an answer, just telling me to come down to the pool. I did, feeling like I was unsafe in my room and wanting to confront the situation. I found the man sitting alone with the person who was working at the hotel. The person who was working at Larco obviously gave this guy my room number and phone number. I checked out immediately. I complained later but Larco never even told me they would give me my money back for the that night or later nights which I didn't even end up staying for, awful situation. Terrifying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Andreas P, Manager at Larco Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Bianca H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Larco Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience, as we value the safety of our guests very highly. We have a strict data protection policy which forbids our staff to give out guests’ room numbers to other customers, and as such we will investigate your complaint thoroughly.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience this incident caused you. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact me directly so that I can make sure we exceed your expectations in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Keti Papoui, Hotel Manager
North Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is near the airport, has 24 hr reception for late arrivals, the room was clean and plenty of hot water but this is not somewhere you'd want to spend anytime. The room was shabby with lots of broken tiles and equipment (air con) etc., breakfast was awful and the local environment uninspiring

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas P, Manager at Larco Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear JSandMS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here with us. We value all our customers’ feedback greatly, and have taken note of your comments regarding the room and food. As we always aim to provide a quality experience, we will do our best to make sure that your next stay at the Larco Hotel is a pleasant one.

We look forward to having you back again with us soon. If you have any further comments or requests, please contact me directly so that I can make sure we exceed your expectations.

Yours sincerely,
Keti Papoui, Hotel Manager
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is great value for money. It is in a convenient quiet location a short walk from the beach and about 10-15 mins walk to city centre (you can walk along the seafront the whole way). The rooms are simple but reasonably big, clean and functional, and have small balconies. Breakfast had more choices than just the basic continental fare (also fresh vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and salami). We did not try the other food but there was an option to have lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant too. There is wifi in the common areas. The staff were extremely helpful. If you are staying for 4+ days you get a free transfer to and from the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Larco Hotel? Share your experiences!