“Avoid any kind of contact with the manager!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of San Remo Hotel

You added San Remo Hotel to your Saves list
San Remo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 William Shakespeare Street, Larnaka City 6531, Cyprus   |
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka City
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid any kind of contact with the manager!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great at first. The staff were really nice, the room was clean and included air co which most don't. I would have given this hotel a shining review (apart fro the breakfast which was by far the poorest excuse for a buffet I have ever seen! Except for one major factor when we were leaving1 we got told that our booking did not go through on travel republic (I never got an email off them) and that we would have to pay the hotel directly (double the rate on travel republic)
The woman was really nice about it, I asked if I could just book a room for that night and not stay and she said she couldn't do that which I understood she didn't have the authority to do so I asked to see the owner/manager. He came down about 20 minutes later and didn't even acknowledge me. I had to talk to him through the receptionist. Anyway she ended up getting me pretty much the exact rate in euros but the manager was the rudest thing I've ever come across in a hotel. Also the location is absolutely terrible. All in all I would have been happy if it wasn't for the manager.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good place with great location for good value!!!
The receptionsts and the staff were very nice with us as it was the previous time we were there on September 2013. The feeling was like we are at home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I didn't know what to expect at the San Remo as the price was quite cheap, but we were pleasantly surprised. The receptionist was very nice and found us a room even though we had arrived before the 2pm check in time. The room was clean, although a little tired, and the bed was comfortable. TV with several english channels and air conditioning included in the price. A fair variety of choice for the continental breakfast with milk for my tea that wasn't long life - lovely!

The hotel is in a quiet area of Larnaca, 15 minutes walk to the fort and 10 minutes walk to Makenzy Beach. They don't have a car park, but parking is free on the street outside.

We enjoyed our stay at the San Remo and hope to return.

krasnoyarsk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I liked my stay here.I liked all receptionists but people in cleaning service were rather rude even in my small request-it surprised me!
I think the breakfast was not bad and staying for 4 days I was lucky to have hot breakfast once and I could use hot water the whole day!
There is a Russian speaking girl at the reception and it's a great thing for Russian people-she did her best to help people though all the people working in this small hotel were nice and friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nicosia, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel is old and smells like mould, the sheets dont look so clean or freshly washed.
Their is rarely anyone at the resception to check u in, give u the key to your room and also they keys often lie around for anyone to take them from the reception desk when the receptionist is not there! Anyone can take whatever key and go to whatever room!!! including yours and steal whatever!
Moreover, enragingly enough, In my booking procedure I have asked for a fridge to be included in the room IF POSSIBLE! no one NEVER EVER adviced if this comes with a charge -only at the end of the stay when I was checking out and had to pay for having a fridge the sum of 4 Euro per night when at 4-star hotels the equivalent amount is 1 or two euro!!!! The most annoying of all was the rude and full of attitude old lady at the reception demanding us to pay the "huge amount" ! Absolutely rude and unprofessional!
Breakfast was lousy, 90%-fat ham, instant bad quality coffee and sugary juice!

AVOID!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Fantastic staff day or night. nothing was ever too much and perfect for a good night sleep. crazy nights out was only a short walk away. in a old part of town very original and cool.going again soon as i can. S. Massouras.

Room Tip: don't be shy ask for what you want.