“Good location, nice flats” 4 of 5 stars

Sun Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Athens Ave, Larnaka 6302, Cyprus   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Horsens, Denmark
“Good location, nice flats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Sun Hall hotel and apartments are located right on the Larnaca Corniche....the beach across the street. We usually stay at the apartments., because we like having the frig, cooking possibilities for some meals and the separate bedroom. There is a balconey overlooking the busy street and beach with many fine (but a bit expensive) cafes.

Room Tip: If you want early nights, get as high as possible, away from the street noise. During festivals and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I once again decided to host a guest at Sun Hall Hotel. The room, with a great sea view, was very clean, modern and elegant. Breakfast, from what I was told, was satisfactory. The location of the hotel is the best in Larnaca, 100 meters from the sea and in close proximity to different restaurants, bars, cafes etc. The hotel has been renovated so there is a nice feel to it. Overall, a great option for holidays. There is ground for improvement, nevertheless, and the management should think of ways to further improve the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea-view room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Booked a sea view room for 2 nights and was given a city view! When we took this up with the reception staff, we were told that we should have read the small print and we would have to pay extra, even though i had already prepaid the higher amount for the view. Not impressed!! If I wanted a city view room, the other hotels on tripadvisor, which are rated better, have that and are a lot cheaper than this one.
It was 20+c whilst we were there in Jan, beautiful weather, we wanted to use the pool, which is also advertised on their website, to be told we couldn't because its closed. Why not put that on the website instead of misleading customers.
The hotel is nothing special, it's expensive for the price and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are other hotels on tripadvisor that are a better priced and reviews are positive. Stick to one of those, wish I did.

Stayed January 2013
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel issued in a good site in the city. Some rooms have nice views, only some. Service good, for rooms and reception. Default for internet. Only internet at hall. complements of the hotel are normal. General opinion, GOOD.

Room Tip: you can solicite rooms with views to avenue, then you will enjoy of the port, a few of the beach, an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nicely located hotel with all amenities which suit 3 stars leveling. If there is a pretention to be coined 4 star hotel, the owners and staff may go to the neighbor Crete to be superimposed by one of the Mitsis hotels! Paradox, but the per day cost in Mytsis, including fantastic lunch, dinner and any kind of drink, is less than in Sun Hall Hotel with very average breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The good:
The location is great, the beach is 10m away and around its full of terraces and restaurants.
Hotel looks new, beautifully furnished room, spacious, big balcony and a nice view.
Modern furniture, room looked very nice, as in the pictures.
Also the lobby, hole ways and the rest of the hotel look nice and modern.
Very friendly and professional staff.

The bad:
Bathroom very small and simple, low quality toiletries. Also the towels were low-quality.
Low water pressure, taking a shower took ages. I was staying at the 6th floor.
Glass windows were dirty, spoiled the view.
Only wired internet in the room and costs 10e extra.
Its a bit too expensive. I payed 140 in January, extra season, when the hotel was almost empty... How much do you think they'll charge in August?

Overall a nice hotel and they can boost the prices as much as they want because its the only luxury hotel in Larnaca, has 4*.

Room Tip: If you get a room at the top floors the view it's gonna be nice but low water pressure in the sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,688 helpful votes 1,688 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

For Larnaca’s centre, the Sun Hall is inevitably its landmark hotel. By all means don’t be confused with the Sun Hall Hotel Apts…this review is exclusively on the fully refurbished Hotel that belongs to the group of the Aqua Sol Hotels -one of the largest Hotel Companies with more than 20 properties in not only Cyprus but Rhodes and Crete as well.

Renovations: The New Sun Hall has nothing to do with the old one. Everything is so different now. I come from Larnaca even though I live in Greece and I happened to drop by with friends on previous trips before renovations, dined several times in the old restaurant, visited the cafeteria times and again and had relatives who stayed here and I knew well how the situation was. That was one of the reasons I showed no interest in staying here before. Of course all the above belong to the past and honestly it is as if only the name of the hotel is kept the same and the location. Everything else is brand new!
Walls came down so the executive rooms are more specious now, curtains, covers, beds and brand new facilities have been installed. The result is truly amazing!
As a Professional Guide Writer and a person who helps tourists find the right accommodation when out travelling, I felt I had to request to be shown different rooms so that I know not only for my future visits but to be able to give the right info if asked, depending on the budget, the interest, age, reason of visit and hobby of the person who usually ask for my help.

Result: The newly equipped rooms have a contemporary style, the colours of furniture and fabrics are so pleasing to the eyes that create a relaxing feeling. The standard rooms are quite spacious providing international standard facilities but the superior rooms -24 of them have interconnecting rooms, are particularly spacious with more facilities to meet the needs of the demanding guest. It is true that the more you pay the better the facilities you have. For instance the large, well-appointed one bedroom suite features a king size bed, a living room lounge plus dining area. So, what you pay, you get!

Policy: “Uncompromised professionalism and the highest standards” ….these were some of the words I heard from the manager of the hotel when I asked to see him and congratulate him on the personal attention and professionalism of the staff.

Staff: I was made welcome with a smile and within minutes I had the key to my room. During my two night stay I had the chance to talk with the staff and I have only positive comments to make. They proved helpful and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

My room: I had a standard room #613. It was really comfortable and well-appointed. The view from the 6th floor was stunning! I would get up early in the morning to catch some shots as the sun was rising up in the sky. I spent hours watching the beauty of “Phinikoudes” the Palm-tree promenade, the marina with the yachts and the colours of the sky.
I loved the simple line of contemporary style as it is mostly what I expect to find in hotels I stay but above all the thought that everything was brand new excited me. The elegant wooden pieces of furniture, the warm colour of contrast and facilities, made me feel like home. If you like to read in bed, or wish to work on your laptop in the room, you will be happily surprised with the bed and desk light facility.
I had two single beds –the one I used was quite comfortable. There was a mini bar, a flat screen TV, a walk-in wardrobe, a safe and the air conditioning was quite silent I can tell. There were no coffee facilities though but this of course is not a rule. I have gone to so many 5* hotels and coffee facilities were not provided. I only mention it for people to know what to expect. I had a complimentary treat of fresh seasonal fruit and some local wine.

Bathroom: The sleek bathroom was the highlight of the room and I loved it because there was much light out there, the interior décor and facilities were elegant. There was not only a magnifying mirror but tissue papers as well. Towels were bright white and seemed brand new however there was no shower plastic cap and only one tube of shampoo and shower gel. I guess somebody who needs one or two extras can ask the ladies at the housekeeping. I still believe though that for the hotel’s standards toiletries are few.

Breakfast: The bright breakfast lounge opposite the lifts on the mezzanine was huge but one half of the space was vacant -I am sure it is used for different other occasions. It was nice though as it was warm when outside it was freezing cold. Breakfast was rich, everything was fresh and tasty and nicely presented. The staff was impeccable and friendly.

Bar and Restaurant: I did not have the chance to get to the bar and neither have I tried the buffet since I had appointments throughout my stay and had lunch and dinners outside. I want to try it though on a coming visit, but some friends of mine were telling me that the buffet has fresh and high quality food.

Internet access: Free Wi Fi works well in all public areas but if you wish to have it in your room then you have to pay a small fee.

Conference rooms: There are facilities and rooms for business and conference meetings, gala and private parties. A large number of guests are businessmen by the way!

Swimming pool: I have not much to comment on the swimming pool area as it is kept closed during winter but even if I were here in summer I would prefer the sea instead! I am against swimming pools myself no matter how big or beautiful they are. A friend that stayed here for a weekend last summer was telling me that it is a smart and relaxing place and that I would love it.

Premises: The lobby, bar and restaurant and the Aqua Sol Café have an artistic touch of style and the colour of furniture is kept similar to that in the rooms. All three spots are furnished with such care and taste that they create a relaxing ambience. They are bright allowing the light coming in through the double-glazed windows that face the Palm tree promenade. What a pleasing place to be!

Location: I believe it is the perfect one! Undoubtedly it could not be better! The moment you step out you are right at the beginning of the central coastal promenade, (Phinikoudes Beach) -a place so beautifully set with stylish bar and coffee restaurants and at the other end the beautiful sandy beach is at your fingertips. The waters are shallow and clear here thus making it popular to families with young children.

Conclusion: In all, I highly recommend this stylish, contemporary beach side hotel as I think it has it all. Customer service is beyond compare and the people working here know how to make the guest feel at home. Without exaggerating I did feel the Cypriot hospitality here. The brand new look by all means meets the need of the demanding guest whether he is a tourist or a businessman. Congratulations guys you are doing an excellent job. Keep it up to the high standards you are after!

Tip: There is no shuttle from the Airport to the hotel but I only paid 12 euros to get there by taxi. It won’t cost you more than 15 euros depending on the number of luggage you have.
The Tourism information office is less than 30 steps from the hotel. Get there and ask for the latest brochures upon arrival and do some studying. It is no need to hire a car or move around by taxi. This will cost you a fortune! Local buses can be considered the most cost effective way of exploring all aspects of the region including local villages, tourist and scenic locations. If you are not on a short stay and you want to explore the island do it by bus. This is a clever way to do it and it is how I move around every time I get to Cyprus and believe me I have never regretted it.
The main bus stop is opposite the hotel. Get to Limassol for 3.50 euros by the Inter City green bus and from there with one more euro get to Platres or the Troodos mountains. It is that simple. Stay at the Pendeli Hotel -it belongs to the same Company, and choose to get there in spring when the nightingales are out. Walk the trails and enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains for very little. Mix with locals. This is the real Cyprus for me.
And if you spare a day take the bus and have a round trip to Cyprus (the free Greek part). It won’t cost you more than 8 euros. Get information from the Bus Company.

Eating out: For an unforgettable dinner outing where taste, style and culture mix and create the authentic Cypriot hospitality visit the “Archontiko tou Papadopoulou” restaurant -cultural centre. You will be amazed! If however you want to try ‘mezedes’ the authentic traditional Cypriot cuisine then I recommend that you drop by at ‘Kyra Georgena’. Meet Tony who is a naturalist and try his mezedes and wild mushrooms that he picks himself. It is a popular spot for Cypriots. The meze costs 17 euros pp excluding wine. Avoid bottled wine if you are not sure what to order and ask for a carafe. It is just as good …I have tried it. If however you want to try a Chinese restaurant I recommend the “Taipei Town”.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sun Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!