“It will ruin your holiday!!! Avoid!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Vergi City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Vergi City Hotel to your Saves list
Vergi City Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Vergiou 1 Larnaca - Dekeleia Road, Larnaka 6301, Cyprus   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Larnaka B&B and Inns
Budapest, Hungary
“It will ruin your holiday!!! Avoid!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I spent less then a week with my girlfriend on Cyprus. I thought it will be a wonderful holiday, but it turned into a nightmare! I was so fed up that i selected this 0 star "hotel" in the Tourist Office! It looked different in the catalog! So please AVOID Vergi!!!

The receptionists were random people (people from Russia and India) with very little english knowledge. So after i got my key what had a cheap looking keychain with cats on it and a sticker with the number of my room i was a bit surprised. The whole building was full of dirt and dust. Its like nobody is cleaning the stairs. When i opened our room i was shocked! It was a complete mess with dust all over the lamps, TV and table. The window was so dirty from dust that you hardly could look out! The building from outside was renovated who knows when but the concrete was on the window and they even covered one window with stones! There was a table and a few chairs with marks from cigarettes and who know what! The bathroom was not cleaned for years as the shower was total dirty just as the sink! It still had the marks from tooth paste from the guests before us! The bed was very uncomfortable. I just sit on the side and i felt like im sitting on the floor! The LCD TV on the wall had EU plug but on the wall you saw an English connector. I had my connector converter with me so i was able to turn the TV on. Another surprise! It had 4 channels what were pure black screen, peeping noise with grey stripes, a russian channel with still picture and sound only. Finally a romanian channel with not clear picture. Dirty bathroomYou can dream of HD TV.

Of course i run down and told the receptionist that i want a new clean room now! He came up and dont understand why am i complaining about the dirt. He was looking at my passport and tried to figure out where im from. He told me he will try get someone to clean my room. Later someone came over and cleaned a little bit, only what i showed him and told to clean it. We never got new towels and even when it was on the floor (what means in Western Europe that please change it) they just put it back on the wall with the dirt on it. Unbelievable!!!

Of course we dont got a new room as "sorry we are full booked blablabla etc"

The breakfast was very poor and one sided. The toast maker was not working but it was on the table every morning. Every guest was trying to toast the bread without any success. Sometimes you dont even had clean spoon or cup for your Coffee. There was some meat and cheese with butter. Once it was eaten out they dont really care about filling it up. You just saw the empty plates and wrappings (from bread, corn flakes). The selection on hot drinks was very limited and poor (hot milk, water and bad coffee).

The lunch was very bad with raw fish and meat. It was not even tasteful and who knows from where they got the rice and vegetables. We decided to have dinner somewhere else!

The pool was full of dirt! I never seen anyone trying to swim in it! Probably it was cleaned at the beginning of the Summer.

So for your own good! Avoid this place!!! Dont let this "hotel" ruin your holiday!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Tartu, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hotel is very clean and rooms are new. Very big beds. Hotel is not in the city, but around are many little shops and eating places. Bus station to city is just across the road. Walking to beach is like 5minutes. I loved the personal. We had serval problems with our airconditioning and tv. They gave us new and better room but the airconditioning still didn't work. So they started reapering it. They even cut out a pice of our wall! But all the time they were friendly and helpful. At the end of the vacation they gave us free lunch because of reapering stuff in our room. So the personal is very good.Reccomand for people who don't want big luxury but a better place where just to be

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Vergi City Hotel? Share your experiences!