“Terrible drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #6 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
larnaka
“Terrible drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I went there just for a drink. I did not stay there. I ordered a mojito. What a suitable drink for that weather and atmosphere. ... but the drink was a disaster. .. only water ice and mint... only a touch of rum... when I told the waitresses she asked me if I would like to have another shot added . Of course I would be charged. It is a shame such high quality hotel to serve so low quality cocktails.

• Stayed May 2013
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Theodora

Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to the mojito you have had with us. I would like to assure you that it was a once off mistake. We do serve lots, hundreds of drinks and have never received complaints with regards to the quantity of alcohol in the cocktail. I believe it just happened. Needless to say that another shot of alcohol should have been added at no extra cost.
Come over again, as soon as you can. I will buy you a mojito, it will be great as it usually is!! Our drinks are usually great!! For this reason we do have many locals that come to the hotel for drinks!

Cheers!

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ideal location, extremely helpful staff. It has everything you could possibly want. I was highly impressed. One little downside - my bed was too hard, but I guess that had more to do with me than the bed !!!!

Room Tip: My room had a sea view......go for it !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for your custom and for your feedback. We are trilled to hear that you found everything good and positive. With regards to the bed, next time do let us know, we will try to assist with a softer version of the mattress.

Best regards from hot Larnaka.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Furniture on first floor worn out but sea view makes up for it. Breakfast excellent, staff really helpful and friendly city center not close,beach clean swimming pool area clean and really good restaurants in walking distance and if you are a diver just few minutes walk you will find Viking divers office.

Room Tip: Sea view and upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Palm Beach.
I am very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again soon back to our hotel, hopefully to see our changes/ renovations which we are planning for next winter.

Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a brief stopover in Cyprus. Here's the lowdown on our stay:

We had a reservation, but were told when we arrived that our room was not ready. We waited quite a while (over an hour) in the bar/lounge area in the lobby. This was an annoyance, since our time was short and we were eager to get to the beach, but we assumed that the hotel was overbooked and that our waited would be rewarded. It was. We were upgraded at no charge to one of the hotel's suites.

The suite was nicely appointed, with living and sleeping areas separated by a half wall. The decor was dated looking, but everything was in good condition. The spacious bathroom and verandas overlooking the pool and beach were added bonuses.

The pool and beach areas were very cramped, but we were able to find a place and flag down a beach attendant who set us up with an umbrella and lounge chairs. Larnaca area beaches are pleasant enough, but as many will tell you, not the best in Cyprus, and the sandy part of the beach area of this hotel seemed a little small. (I stayed in a different hotel in the area about 15 years ago, and its beach was a more spacious.)

Unfortunately, we were only at the beach for about twenty minutes when my wife was stung or stepped on something under the sand in the shallow waters. One of her toes swelled quite a bit, and the sting was exceedingly painful. We were directed by one of the outside staff members to the front desk for first aid. The bell captain was extremely helpful in this matter, applying a cortisone cream to the affected toe, which healed on its own in a matter of a couple of hours. The rest of our brief stay was pleasant and thankfully uneventful.

Overall, the genuinely helpful staff and nice suite made this a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us last June and for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay. Last June we were close to 100% booked, true. This means that every day we had the same or more arrivals then departures and timing of the arrivals and departures is crucial. Especially in June where we have lots of families and repeat guests we try to help with preparing the rooms as soon as we can. But sometimes a wait, maybe up to an hour if it is early afternoon, is unavoidable. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and that you found our staff friendly and helpful! The beaches adjacent to the hotel, both at the front left and right are blue flag, very clean and shallow which makes them safe for young children.
I am sorry to hear about the sting on your wife’s toe but I am pleased that our staff helped to alleviate it.
I look forward to seeing you back to our hotel.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Friendly and efficient check in and check out. Rooms spacious, walls rather thin able to hear people talking from the other rooms or the corridor. Bathroom average. Breakfast very good. Lobby and rest of the areas OK, rather expensive bar. Not satisfied with dinner. Nice surroundings, gardens and beach. Nevertheless, it shows its age.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast, surroundings, gardens and beach as well as check in/check out.
We are planning to make renovations soon. Some of the areas have already been extensively renovated, such as bungalows, suite and sample rooms.
I would like to know more about your dinner experience. Since you live in Cyprus please call me or let me call you so that I will know more details and hopefully have the chance to make positive changes.
Once again, thank you for your input and I look forward to talking to you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I visited during the financial crisis so people were very uncertain about what was happening to them - however the desk staff did a great job of being very friendly, chatty and helpful. The rooms are OK but decor is a bit dated and the showers in the bathroom need bettter heads on to improve the experience. However it was reasonably priced so I can't complain. The beach is not great if that what you wanted - but this part of Cyprus is not known for beaches. The breakfast was good - and again helpful staff. In the evenings we ate out in the local area - clearly designed for tourists and we found very reasonably priced places nearby of varying quality - generally a decent place and the taxi firm outside the hotel (don't know if it's connected in any way) could not have been more helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: Sea view is probably worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your stay and more so because it happened during the bank crisis. I am pleased to hear from you that you did not find that your holiday experience was affected in any way due to the bank crisis. In Cyprus we take hospitality and tourism very seriously and at the moment it is the most important sector of the economy, maybe the only one.
The beach was in its winter mode. Very soon it will be cleaned from the winter sea weeds and organized to welcome the summer beach holiday makers.
We are working on updating the rooms soon as well, as soon as the bank crisis is over we will formulate the plans of action and I will let you know. Our renovated garden bungalows feature a rain-shower which I am certain you will enjoy.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Tehran, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am in the hotel now and writing this review in the coffee shop. I compare this hotel with another 4 star hotel in China that I accommodate last summer. There was more facilities in China and I prefer not to come back to this hotel. Break fast menu is simpler. The furnitures are old. A small TV set with limited programs. Maybe the Equitarial Hotel in Shanghai is more than a 4 star Hotel.
The geographical situation is not good. It is far from center of city. There is No 24h supermarket and all the stores close at 8 pm. Staffs, swimming pools and clean environment are good parts of this hotel and I hope it will progress to its best position in Larnaca.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. The fact that you stayed with us in March, where not all of our facilities were open, might have influenced your opinion. For example, our beach bar was not open because of the weather. Also, the Seabreeze Tavern, summer restaurant, will open at the end of April. The beach water sports open in April as well.
I will agree with you about the small TV’s in most of our rooms, which we look into changing soon. But we do have 17 channels, including English, German, Russian and Arabic, as well as many pay TV channels and movies.
I will also have to disagree about our breakfast which is definitely more than a 4 star hotel breakfast in quality as well as variety. We are one of the very few 4* hotels that feature live cooking station with eggs and omelets.
With regards to our location, it is true that we are 6 Km from the city centre, but there is a bus stop right outside of the hotel and a taxi station in the hotel premises.
In Cyprus, because of the size of the place, there are no 24hr supermarkets, like in Dubai, but in the area, especially in the season, i.e. from April – November most shops do remain open until 10 – 11 pm.
Once again, thank you for your stay and your feedback and I hope you returned back to Tehran Safely. I also hope that you will visit Cyprus again soon.

A.P.

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!