“Divers Uusi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka
“Divers Uusi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Furniture on first floor worn out but sea view makes up for it. Breakfast excellent, staff really helpful and friendly city center not close,beach clean swimming pool area clean and really good restaurants in walking distance and if you are a diver just few minutes walk you will find Viking divers office.

Room Tip: Sea view and upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Palm Beach.
I am very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again soon back to our hotel, hopefully to see our changes/ renovations which we are planning for next winter.

A.P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a brief stopover in Cyprus. Here's the lowdown on our stay:

We had a reservation, but were told when we arrived that our room was not ready. We waited quite a while (over an hour) in the bar/lounge area in the lobby. This was an annoyance, since our time was short and we were eager to get to the beach, but we assumed that the hotel was overbooked and that our waited would be rewarded. It was. We were upgraded at no charge to one of the hotel's suites.

The suite was nicely appointed, with living and sleeping areas separated by a half wall. The decor was dated looking, but everything was in good condition. The spacious bathroom and verandas overlooking the pool and beach were added bonuses.

The pool and beach areas were very cramped, but we were able to find a place and flag down a beach attendant who set us up with an umbrella and lounge chairs. Larnaca area beaches are pleasant enough, but as many will tell you, not the best in Cyprus, and the sandy part of the beach area of this hotel seemed a little small. (I stayed in a different hotel in the area about 15 years ago, and its beach was a more spacious.)

Unfortunately, we were only at the beach for about twenty minutes when my wife was stung or stepped on something under the sand in the shallow waters. One of her toes swelled quite a bit, and the sting was exceedingly painful. We were directed by one of the outside staff members to the front desk for first aid. The bell captain was extremely helpful in this matter, applying a cortisone cream to the affected toe, which healed on its own in a matter of a couple of hours. The rest of our brief stay was pleasant and thankfully uneventful.

Overall, the genuinely helpful staff and nice suite made this a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us last June and for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay. Last June we were close to 100% booked, true. This means that every day we had the same or more arrivals then departures and timing of the arrivals and departures is crucial. Especially in June where we have lots of families and repeat guests we try to help with preparing the rooms as soon as we can. But sometimes a wait, maybe up to an hour if it is early afternoon, is unavoidable. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and that you found our staff friendly and helpful! The beaches adjacent to the hotel, both at the front left and right are blue flag, very clean and shallow which makes them safe for young children.
I am sorry to hear about the sting on your wife’s toe but I am pleased that our staff helped to alleviate it.
I look forward to seeing you back to our hotel.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Friendly and efficient check in and check out. Rooms spacious, walls rather thin able to hear people talking from the other rooms or the corridor. Bathroom average. Breakfast very good. Lobby and rest of the areas OK, rather expensive bar. Not satisfied with dinner. Nice surroundings, gardens and beach. Nevertheless, it shows its age.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast, surroundings, gardens and beach as well as check in/check out.
We are planning to make renovations soon. Some of the areas have already been extensively renovated, such as bungalows, suite and sample rooms.
I would like to know more about your dinner experience. Since you live in Cyprus please call me or let me call you so that I will know more details and hopefully have the chance to make positive changes.
Once again, thank you for your input and I look forward to talking to you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I visited during the financial crisis so people were very uncertain about what was happening to them - however the desk staff did a great job of being very friendly, chatty and helpful. The rooms are OK but decor is a bit dated and the showers in the bathroom need bettter heads on to improve the experience. However it was reasonably priced so I can't complain. The beach is not great if that what you wanted - but this part of Cyprus is not known for beaches. The breakfast was good - and again helpful staff. In the evenings we ate out in the local area - clearly designed for tourists and we found very reasonably priced places nearby of varying quality - generally a decent place and the taxi firm outside the hotel (don't know if it's connected in any way) could not have been more helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: Sea view is probably worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your stay and more so because it happened during the bank crisis. I am pleased to hear from you that you did not find that your holiday experience was affected in any way due to the bank crisis. In Cyprus we take hospitality and tourism very seriously and at the moment it is the most important sector of the economy, maybe the only one.
The beach was in its winter mode. Very soon it will be cleaned from the winter sea weeds and organized to welcome the summer beach holiday makers.
We are working on updating the rooms soon as well, as soon as the bank crisis is over we will formulate the plans of action and I will let you know. Our renovated garden bungalows feature a rain-shower which I am certain you will enjoy.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Tehran, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am in the hotel now and writing this review in the coffee shop. I compare this hotel with another 4 star hotel in China that I accommodate last summer. There was more facilities in China and I prefer not to come back to this hotel. Break fast menu is simpler. The furnitures are old. A small TV set with limited programs. Maybe the Equitarial Hotel in Shanghai is more than a 4 star Hotel.
The geographical situation is not good. It is far from center of city. There is No 24h supermarket and all the stores close at 8 pm. Staffs, swimming pools and clean environment are good parts of this hotel and I hope it will progress to its best position in Larnaca.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. The fact that you stayed with us in March, where not all of our facilities were open, might have influenced your opinion. For example, our beach bar was not open because of the weather. Also, the Seabreeze Tavern, summer restaurant, will open at the end of April. The beach water sports open in April as well.
I will agree with you about the small TV’s in most of our rooms, which we look into changing soon. But we do have 17 channels, including English, German, Russian and Arabic, as well as many pay TV channels and movies.
I will also have to disagree about our breakfast which is definitely more than a 4 star hotel breakfast in quality as well as variety. We are one of the very few 4* hotels that feature live cooking station with eggs and omelets.
With regards to our location, it is true that we are 6 Km from the city centre, but there is a bus stop right outside of the hotel and a taxi station in the hotel premises.
In Cyprus, because of the size of the place, there are no 24hr supermarkets, like in Dubai, but in the area, especially in the season, i.e. from April – November most shops do remain open until 10 – 11 pm.
Once again, thank you for your stay and your feedback and I hope you returned back to Tehran Safely. I also hope that you will visit Cyprus again soon.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

we have stayed here several times during the summer months and needed a few stress free days away.
as in the past we upgraded to a bungalow room which is well worth the extra.the rooms are no more than 50 yards from the main hotel but you are almost in a different world.the rooms are larger and of a superior standard to the hotel rooms and although at this time of year we do not use the pool the bungalows share a private pool.
across the road there are various bars and restaurants all of a decent standard but if you fancy a slice of home take a trip up to the air base where you will find a superb fish and chip shop ( take away and restaurant ).this place is always packed during the summer and although the restaurant looks nothing special the food is top notch.
as far as the hotel is concerned we have always found the staff to be 5 star and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.
several people have mentioned the cats around the hotel.you can blame myself as well as the staff for this.on each occasion we have stayed in the bungalows we have always fed the cats and kittens and the staff do the same on a daily basis.it gets to the stage where we shop more for the cats than ourselves and i tend to find them asleep on the patio early morning waiting for breakfast.
to sum up larnaca.if you want fabulous beaches and nightlife this is not the place for you.the area tends to suit couples and families who spend most of their time in and around the hotels.

Room Tip: the bungalow rooms are first class or opt for a sea view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Smith,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for all your positive feedback.
I am pleased you loved our bungalows. I do love them too, the lagoon pool and the quiet environment is super! They are ideal for couples that want more space or families up to four people.
I think your feedback and report sums up Larnaka very well too and shows that you are a regular to Larnaka. After all, our repeat customers as well as most of our first time guests are lovely couples and families, just like you said.
Once again, thank you for your custom and I hope that we will have the chance to see you back to our hotel soon!!

Gloucester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Palm Beach whilst in Cyprus on business. The main reason for choosing was that it was a hotel with a good rating, quite close to the airport. Saying that, it is a bit of a trip, so it's not like you stumble out of the airport and into the hotel. You would need a 20 min taxi ride, or hire a car. Point to note, the directions given on the hotel's website probably don't give you the easiest route to follow - didn't get lost but probably more straight-forward either coming off the motorway one junction earlier (58) and going along the coast road to it, or going to 60 and coming back at it.
As for the hotel, the entrance and gardens create a good first impression. Check in was efficient and the staff throughout the stay were helpful. But you do immediately get the impression of an 80's hotel that hasn't been refurbished since. The room was OK, but the beds (two singles pushed together) were not particularly comfy, and they seemed to have some kind of waterproof matress cover, like they expected me to have some kind of accident. I still slept OK, but I am a heavy sleeper.
As for the bathroom, the shower head was low, so I had to stoop to get my head under it to wash my hair. I am not freakishly tall, just 6'1". Actually, the celing over the shower was only just above my head height. But there was plenty of hot water, and the temperature constant.
Food-wise, breakfast was good. Plenty of choice, hot, fresh - no complaints. Staff here were friendly. It was a different restaurant in the evening, and here the food quality was not so good, and the staff not as friendly as the rest of the hotel. Service was also a little slow.
I'm guessing that the main reason for people staying here would be tourists. Definitely the hotel was quiet in early March - I guess there is a lot more atmosphere in the summer. I did venture out to look at the beach. It was awful. Seriously, I could not see any reason for wanting to sit on this bit of beach that looks more like a bit of waste land with the sea lapping at it. Now, I'm not a fan of Cyprus for its beaches anyway, but compared to what I have seen, this bit was particularly depressing. The pool area did not seem to be too great either. Previously I have stayed at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol on about 9 occasions for company conferences. All round this hotel makes a much better choice for a holiday. The hotel has been renovated, the rooms are a much higher standard, the pool area is much nicer, as are the restaurants, quality of food, even the beach is a little bit better. Still, I would go as far as the pool and leave the beach alone.
The Palm Beach did have a redeeming feature, which for me is quite an important one. It has a good gym. This was one of the reasons for choosing the hotel, and it is well equipped with a good range of cardio machines and weights. Opening hours are a bit restrictive - it opens at 8.00, so if you are looking to exercise before going to work, maybe not ideal.
I would stay at this hotel again, but only because it is easy to get to from the airport and has a good gym. If these are not important considerations for you then stay somewhere else - preferably a different part of the island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Keef,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We have noted the difficulty you have had in finding us, following our instructions and we will go through them again and revise them.
Also, thank you for the positive comments. Please be advised that we do have double beds. Many rooms are double bedded, so please next time drop us a line and we will make sure you get one.
All your other comments have also been well taken into consideration and we will implement changes where possible. The beach and pool areas will be great when they open up at the beginning of the season.
Again, thank you for your comments and your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in our hotel in the future.

A.P.

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!