“FANTASTIC HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
London, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Palm Beach has to be by far one of my favorite hotels in Larnaca. So much so that i chose it as my wedding Venue in September 2012. The staff where amazing and very helpful. We where given a suite to stay in on the night of the wedding and we where taken back at the beauty of it. Food was also amazing. Many of our guests also stayed over the period of our wedding both in the normal rooms & also in the bungalows and have all said they will be returning to stay there again. I cannot fault anything at the hotel apart from wishing that i didn't have to leave and come back to reality. Even though we also have our own house in Cyprus i will definitely be returning back to the hotel to stay for a couple of nights. Thank You to the all the staff at the Palm beach for all your help. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Mrs. Marie,
Thank you very much for your excellent comments.
We were very happy to organize your wedding and have your guests stay with us.
We are always happy to have you come back and stay with us. Many of our wedding couples come back for anniversaries and holidays, always a great pleasure!!
We thank you for coming back to the Palm Beach and best wishes from all of our team members!!
A.P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
yeovil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have just come back from 2 weeks staying at palm Beach. I am dissapointed as there were no excursions to other parts of Cyprus. I booked with Mercury Direct and i was supposed to stay at the Princess hotel just along the prom but that got burnt out!! My room was north facing and cold as it never got the sun. Why could they not have put me in a sea view room. I would have paid extra. All the staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good but dinner there was only menu and no buffet so there was not any choice. Not good. There are about 7 little cats there. I think there are 2 ladies that come to feed them twice a day, plus the guests give them bits. The cats are not starving! There is not much to do in the local area. One has to hire it car it seems to see much else of Cyprus. It is OK for a relaxing holiday. One can catch a bus into Larnaca for 1euro and to other places. One can walk along the pathway infront of the hotel and by the sea. I think it was as I went in low season there was NOTHING at all to do. All the bars were shut and no entertainment at all. The prices for tea and coffee are very expensive!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a sea view room otherwise you will be stuck on the north side that never gets...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mrs...

Thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing holiday.
It is true that in the winter there are not so many options in excursions.
It is also true that our Garden View rooms do not get as much sun in the winter because they are facing the north. Sea View upgrades are available at a very small supplement!!
I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and you liked our breakfast and beach promenade. Dinner during winter when the number of guests having dinner is small is served in a set menu ( Table d'hote) which means we have a first course (starter), a soup, choice of three main courses and dessert buffet with plenty of options. In the summer we have buffets and theme nights every night with live music and shows, so there is much more entertainment.
I hope that we will have you stay with us in the spring or summer or autumn when there are more options and more things to do.
We wish you a warm remaining of winter ..

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from the 23rd January - 30th January. I have stayed in many hotels in cyprus and have been very impressed by the palm beach. Staff are very friendly, service is excellent and breakfast buffet was very good and was also great value for money. Every night was a different theme in the main restaurant which gave us a lovely selection of different foods from around the world. The bedroom was cleaned daily and the view from my room overlooked the sea which was breathtaking. Cant wait to bring my children back in the summer. Definately recommend the palm beach!

Room Tip: Definately recommend the sea view rooms, breathtaking views!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Marie S.
I thank you very much for your positive comments and we are very pleased to have you in our "Repeaters Club".
Yes, you are right, we do have some of the most beautiful sea views from our Sea View rooms and it is an attractive point!!
Once again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Best personal regards,
Antonis Papakyriakou
Stradbroke, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed from 27th January till 3rd Feb.
When we arrived the staff did not smile and when we booked in we had ask where the room was and to get there and there was no help with our suitcases. The room itself look good but had twin beds not a double but did have good views. The air con did not work and we where told it was winter so it would only put out hot air, so we had to have the window open all night so did not get a lot of sleep, we also mention that in the bathroom one of the door pillars looked as if it had been eaten by a mouse or something. The could account for the number of cats outside.
On the 2nd night we thought that we would try the restaurant, when we went in the restaurant had about 20 odd people in it with plenty of clean tables set up but we where shown to a table they where just clearing. We where given a menu which had a choice of 2 starters then a soup course, a choice of 2 mains, well we thought it is winter so maybe they have a shorten menu, we ordered had too ask a couple of times for a wine list, the starters arrived my had hers mine was then shown to the table behind us at which a discussion went on in Greek then given to me. The starter and the main course was quite nice but nothing to write home about. The waiter then ask us to help our selves from the sweets on a buffet table which look as if a bomb had hit it with little choice. We ask the waiter if this was the normal menu and he said yes it was as we where half board and which stage we told he we where not and after a long talk he showed us the a la carte menu, we also ask him with so many empty tables why did they put us at a dirty table, he said they where set up for dinner the next day, which we found out later was the staff party. To go back to the table behind us we found that the where the owners and they where served a completely different food but one stage one of the owners got up and stared to look around the restaurant taking pictures and talking about the damages the CATS where making. We did take this up with one of the managers who listen but did not do anything about it. Over the next week we saw a lot more of the cats in the hotel where the staff did not seem to care that they where in the restaurant bars and in particle the breakfast room where the quests seem to spend more time chasing them out that the staff. We use to use the lounge when we got in from being out most of the day with friends and eating out but as we did not speak Greek we where the last to be served and we where not made to feel welcome, there was only one bar open which being winter I could understand but in the information it said the piano would be play in the evening, NO, in fact the only music we heard was from the staff party which went on until 1am, so again not much sleep.
Thought the breakfast choice was good unless you are from they do not be in a hurry for your tea and coffee. Also if you do not like cats you will be in trouble.
We went and visited they sister hotel in Famagusta where the service and everything was totally different and I would have worries about staying there.
We where recommended to use this hotel as we where visiting some friends but I have to say we will not be returning soon.
Both myself and my wife have owned hotels and restaurants and run some very big operations so we do know some of the problems and what not to do.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if not see view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Michael G.

Thank you very much for your comments.
I truly believe that criticism can help to make us better. I apologize for not being able to make you as happy and satisfied as we would have liked to.
I am aware we have an issue with the increasing number of cats on our grounds. This is due to the facts that nearby hotels and restaurants have closed this winter and because some of the guests feed them, it has brought more cats to our hotel. We are working on controlling the number, of course, by taking care for their well being at the same time.
I can only presume you were on Bed & Breakfast and you were presented with the table d’hote menu for the HB guests, this is why there was a small number of choices for this type of menu, as there should be.
In the busy periods i.e. March – November, on most nights the hotel has a selection of theme nights, every night a different one, with many options of great food. Additionally, the a la carte in the summer/busy period offers more choices.
I would also like to point out that the hotel you mentioned in the occupied part of Cyprus, in Famagusta, is not our sister hotel and in fact it has nothing to do with us.
Because we have a small number of guests on Half Board/Full Board in the winter we operate one section of the restaurant so that the guests are not feeling lonely spread out all over the big area of our restaurant. Of course, a clean, ready table should have been allocated to you, irrespective of the staff party, which by the way our guests commented that they enjoyed immensely!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Palm Beach and meeting you personally. I hope we will have the opportunity to change your views about us.

Best wishes.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The staff are a joy to converse with at the Palm Beach. Being a Cypriot myself, I know how rude people in the country can be but I always get treated fantastically at this hotel. The food is fantastic and fresh, my favourites are the buffet breakfast and al a carte sea breeze restaurant. The hotel is right on the beach and we always hire a car to drive to the promenade (10 min drive). It was my fourth stay at this hotel and won't be my last!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Mr. Robert H.

Thank you very much for your positive comments for our hotel.
It is true that we do have a lot of Cypriot staff in our hotel who have been working at Palm Beach Hotel for years. This is one of the reasons that induce many of our valuable ‘Repeaters, loyal guests & friends’ to come back.
I look forward to having you back soon. Hopefully we will have some champagne at the next Repeaters’ Club Cocktail!!

General Manger
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Due to unfortunate weather in London, our flight was returned to Cyprus and the airline put us up at this hotel. I think it was a nice way of the airline to destress its passengers, and it worked.

The hotel is very nice and very accomodating. The staff are pleasant and being right on the beach...what a way to wake up with the sun rising on the mediteranean. I only wish I could have stayed here longer!

Ok, it is a bit far from Larnaca proper, where all the shopping and activities are, but makes up for it by being on the beach and the hotel amenities. My only complaint is the walls are not very well sound proofed. I could hear the people in the next room as if they were standing beside me. Other than that, this hotel gets two thumbs up from me!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Laurence

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay and we look forward to having you back for a longer holiday!!
I believe that the reason for the not-so-good sound insulation was because you were allocated a room that was connecting to another room, part of a family unit.
In general, we do not have any issues with sound insulation in the hotel.

dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a recent stay at the Palm Beach in Larnaca. Rooms were average, breakfast very good, staff pleasant and helpful, pool and outdoor area gorgeous, foyer very comfortable and everywhere spotless. However, on return I emailed 'reservations' and 'general enquiries' about an issue and neither responded to me. A bit disappointing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Millieob,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. However, I am concerned that you received no reply to an email after your stay. I checked with Reservations and they did not have any record of an email from you. Could it be that there was an issue with the email address?
Please write to me at: gm@palmbeachhotel.com .
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you back to our hotel soon.

A.P.

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!