“Good stay no issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #6 of 40 hotels in Larnaka
Dhekelia, Cyprus
“Good stay no issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here a few times in the past and as a hotel I would say its ok I visited here with my family and the kids love it but its not as I thought a four star hotel should be, all in all I would stay here again as its by far the best hotel in the area an some of the best food establishment are in the area of the hotel.

Room Tip: Book early as rooms sell fast
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Mr. George R.

Thank you very much for your comments and I am pleased to hear that in general you had a pleasant stay with us.
I hope to see you back to our hotel soon.
Have you stayed in our Garden Studio Bungalows before? I recommend them for families with children!! For a bigger list of excellent food choices please do contact me next time!!

Best regards,

A. P.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
ESSEX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were staying at Louis Princess Beach which got cancelled and we were offered this as an alternative. The hotel has lovely seaviews (which they charge extra for). The food was good but the some of the staff hardly smiled. One morning at breakfast about 9.50 I asked for some butter and was told I have put it away as we are closing at 10, then at 10 they turned the lights off!!!
The evening meal was nice but a limited choice especially for our 12 year old. It was full of older people not many facilities for youngsters. It was my birthday and the weather was bad so we decided to watch a film in the room on their movie channel. Firstly this didn't work so we called maintenance who couldn't fix it. The next day we reminded reception of this, eventually maintenance tried again and after a few phone calls and switching tvs with the next room we had films. We then found out they were old and came with a charge of 11 euros. We were only at this hotel for 3 nights and we were glad. We then went off to Paphos to the Louis King Jason which was fantastic

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

we went there on holidays for one week in oct. 2012. we did not like the service of staaff .specially staff on reception was very strict and not so helpful. we coplaint about lot of noice next to our room they do not want to listen to us. in the eng they change the room. we had to pay extra for that. in one week we had to change our room 3 times. only good thing was breakfast. one of the portier was friendly. we have been to cyprus lot of times this was the worst experience. last time we stayed in sandy beach hotel it was very good and service was perfect.very friendly staff. i will never go back to this hotel. i wish them more success and a merry x-mas.

Room Tip: rooms on the back side (sea side/ pool side) till 3rd floor are better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larnaka, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Was excited to stay in this 4 star hotel with adjoining rooms for the kids.Check in the staff on the desk didnt even break into a smile The guy who helped take our bags to the room was very plesant and did have a smile. Got to the room and well ,was very average. Could of done with a freshen up. Balcony was not painted in places, a dent in the door that looked liked it had been punched, cupboard and drawers needed replacing as they were chipped. Breakfast was ok a good selection, pool was ok and snack bar pool side was ok nothing special at €180 per room per night was I expecting too much. I dont think so, I realised after I left and got back to the UK I had left my watch on the side and remember exactly where I put it, I emailed the manager and house keeping didnt hand anything in...mmm cant do anything about that, glad it was not a reaally expensive one but still £60 worth.:-(
Would I stay again, doubtful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed a few nights in this hotel with my boyfriend and some friends.
Outside of hotel looks beautiful, plenty car park space. Inside the hotel lobby was nice too but the bedrooms were a bit of a let down. The bedroom was a little small, beds were soft and the bed covers and curtains had a floral pattern which I think is quite old fashioned. Bed sheets weren't changed for us either as I still found traces of hair on my pillow and dust fluff.
Breakfast was lovely, food was fresh, plenty selection and was constantly topped up by cooks and staff. The interior of the breakfast room had a lot of floral decor as well so for me, it felt a little like sitting in a cafe.
Hotel is located pretty far from things, would need a car to get about to places.
Restaurant next to pool served really nice food, had a good choice of food on the menu and wasn't too overly priced. Sun beds were dotted all around the pool but it did at times get a little difficult to find some available. Pool staff walk around asking customers if they'd like drinks or refreshments brought to them which I thought was very good.
When choosing a hotel, the location is very important and we didn't feel like this one was in a great place however staying with friends made this an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I visited here as part of a large party attending a conference - so my feedback should be taken in that context. It was my first visit to Cyprus. The hotel is on the beach and the highlights are - sparkly lights on the driveway to the hotel, great welcome from the staff, very reasonable drinks prices (3.50 euros for a glass of wine), and good breakfast included in rate - which was good too. Less than good points - a tired hotel, slow and noisy lift, old style TV on the blink, couldn't open sliding doors to balcony (I was unlucky, overlooking the car park - apparently the view of the sea on the opposite side was spectacular), old school hairdryer, and the WiFi, even when paid for was unreliable. I saw a young family there, that were having a great time and I think that is the profile of guest that would suit this best. Us spoilt business travellers probably expect more comfort and better facilities ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were put into this hotel "by default" by travel agent.Rooms as expected,well cleaned and changed.VERY noisy due thin walls and scraping of chairs on balconys (up,down and sideways rooms) even it was off-season.Due this fact outside eating places closed-up,even the super lounge bar just abitarily closed during second week of stay with no sign or notice to that effect(they saved on "happy-hour as no such event in lounge bar/cafe). Cannot agree with others that breakfast super etc.,just bog-standard and mostly cold,with bacon not even cooked through (nasty streaky type with slices all stuck together in almost raw fat).Evening buffet very poor with just usual stew type dishes kept hot for several hours and NO carvery except ONCE a week when lauded as a special event; did improve when changed to Table d'hote however. Will NOT stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!