“not 4 stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Beach Hotel

You added Princess Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40858, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka
northampton
“not 4 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

just back from the louis with mixed thoughts ,hotel very clean,food selection good although not served very warm,far eastern night was great food! rooms were fine we had a road side one which was ok as the double patio door kept most of the road noise out,not a great deal going on in the eve bit boring really . some staff not very forthcoming
bit standoffish .andreas and orlena at the main bar were great ( thank you ) .pool should have been open at 9am( to late) but it never was always nearer 10am far to late when the sun is beating down and the kid want to play! the beach --what beach ! it is grey grit and very small,there are a few bars in the area but generally outside needs a face lift.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I went to this hotel with my mother 79 and my 11 year old son. After a great flight with B.A, it,s difficult to match their service, the receptionist was a little frosty but checked us in no problem. We had a garden room which was roomy enough although the cockroaches did wander in from outside. The food was fantastic as were the drinks. The waiting staff in the restaurant were rigid but very attentive , almost as if they were being watched by the boss. The swimming pool was immaculate, cleaned every morning, the rooms also were cleaned daily. I would go again to this hotel, on an all inclusive basis, it is nice and small and we met some lovely people on our extended stay due to the volcanic ash.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Merseyside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

The hotel dose not have any entertainment even though it boosts 4 stars, it is like a nursing home of a night as it is away from Larnaca town itself approx 6 miles, so you are stuck in the hotel if you have no car.
The food is served cold, and lots in the hotel came down with diareia, their is nowhere to put your luggage if you have a late flight, and it is king of had your money so what.
Save yourself the expereince of losing alot of money and book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Dear guest,

Greetings from beautiful Larnaca. We would like to thank you for your valuable comments. It is always good to get feedback from our customers because it helps us to maintain and improve our services and standards. We regret to hear that our night entertainment including live music, karaoke night, piano night and wine tasting did not meet your expectations. All your comments are well noted and will be taken into consideration for our further improvement.
berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This holiday started as a 6 day break and turned into 15 due to the disruption caused by the volcano. Despite others' grievances we had a wonderful stay. The food in particular is really worth mentioning - probably the best we've ever had in a hotel and we are well travelled. The staff? I've no idea what everyone was moaning about on here. They were extremely pleasant to us and great with our young children. They are very hardworking. Infact we made some nice friends with whom we are keeping in contact with. The old saying goes...Treat others in the same way you would expect treated yourself.
Would I go back? For a short break yes. The only reason we wouldn't book there for a longer break is because the area outside of the hotel is not the best but if you're not worried about going out and about and are quite happy to lounge around the hotel then it's perfect. Oh and by the way, the garden rooms are lovely and spacious.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I chose the holiday to Louis princess beach hotel as a affordable winter break having two weks half board and third week free with B&B.It was absolutely awful right from the start with a bad reception and no one to take luggage to room.The first meal in the resturant made you feel that you were a chore and not a smiling face or welcome at all.There were so many things wrong that I filled in a questionaire complained to my rep(whom was useless)and wrote to the managing director but doubtful if letter was posted as I had an invitation to sort out my grievances by having lunch with the hotel manager so at least we had hot plates for food for a couple of days.
I had the worst holiday I have ever had an the hotel was not 4* rating.I am in dispute with the holiday company who sold the holiday but at present am not having much joy with any compensation.There were 8 people left the hotel after only one day,they transferred to Paphos and I wished I could have joined them,
Would definitely not recommend and location is awful too

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Birmingham, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Avoid this hotel at all costs! I never write reviews on hotels etc but felt compelled to after the awful stay I've had! The staff were unhelpful and rude (just 1 or 2 exceptions) asking for a drink at the bar felt like an imposition...when asked for a room service menu because there wasn't one in my room was told 'well there wouldn't be'...constantly had to get my room card re-activated, one time had to go to reception THREE times before it would work and was told it was my fault!!!! Housekeeping left my room door open all day; breakfast was terrible; walls are paper thin; showers don't work properly in the morning; no food after 9pm; the 'fitness centre' was a few broken bikes and a creaky treadmill, and if you wanted to use the jacuzzi you had to give them 3 hours notice!!!! The list is endless but generally the whole vibe of the hotel is dreadful, and the above list of problems were all compounded by the rude staff - it would have been funny if I wasn't staying there for so long, basically everytime I walked through the door after a day working my heart sank...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Staffordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

The hotel itself is very nice, clean with comfortable rooms. Unfortunately we feel the hotel is let down by its unfriendly staff. We found the reception staff duck down when they see hotel guests coming, and were not able to pass a smile or a hello - we almost felt like the guests were an inconvenience to them.

The food in the restaurant was adequate but there was no provisions for children and we found the restaurant staff to be very gloomy and standoffish. We had a shock at our first dinner when we ordered 3 fantas (small 250ml size) to find that they cost 4 euros each, which I felt was disgusting. To our discovery, with the exception of bottled water, all cold drinks were charged at a minimum of 4 euros.

My only other criticism is that we filled in a maintainance request form to advise of faulty air-conditioning and ofa broken shower dispenser only for neither of them to be fixed.

I am not the sort of person to criticise for the sake of criticism but I think the hotel has the potential to be lovely but I feel it is not currently worthy of its 4 star status.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!