“Simply Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princess Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40858, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Simply Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wonderful hotel. Very clean and simply stunning. I go to cyprus every year and I always stop by here just to use the pool. The staff are brilliant and there are lots of themed evenings and plenty of entertainment. Opposite the hotel there are lots of bars and shops which is perfect! Couldn't recommend it enough!

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Princess beach hotel was probably one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. I couldn't fault a thing. The food was amazing, each day we were surprised at the effort that was put in to it all and how delicious it all was. The hotel was so clean and tidy and rooms were kept on top of. The staff were so friendly and the entertainment through the day was so good. I even keep in touch with one of the entertainers kiri kleovoulou and we are really good friends. He is such a nice guy, so friendly and really good with children. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, and can say i will definitely be going back. One of the best holidays ive had. The weather is always guaranteed aswell. I cannot complain about one thing on this holiday.

• Stayed July 2014
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Recently returned home from a Family friendly, excellent stay at the Princes Beach. Big well done to Alexandrous the Ops manager for running a smooth, customer orientated site. From start to finish we felt looked after and nothing was too much trouble for the staff to ensure our stay was enjoyable and memorable. Tremendously tasty food which was well presented throughout our stay. I believe a hotel is reflected by not only by the quality of service but by the people employed to provide it. Can't mention all otherwise I'd run out of space so a few that stood out for their friendliness, professionalism and dedication to ensuring guests were looked after are; Simon behind the bar; Adrian Valentin dining and Anna in reception. I made use of the gym (to combat the all inclusive effects!!) which was duly opened for me earlier per my request and also kept up the fitness by a twice daily very internationally friendly water polo match care of Kiri and Mario. Already looking forward to booking a return visit as I truly feel that we arrived as visitors but departed as friends. Keep up the good work guys. Welsh Alan room 418.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow with a pool view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This review is going to be very detailed, some of the negatives didn't particularly bother me but I need to mention then in case they might bother anybody else. Please read all of this before considering going to this hotel.
This was a family type holiday, 12 nights All Inclusive for a group of 9 people, 5 of which were aged around 22 and 4 of which were aged around 53 and we found that we all had similar positives and negatives.

Before I start, something that might make your decision straight away.... The Air Con in the communal bars WAS NOT ON!! it was horrendous! We complained to the Food & Beverage manager through one of his very polite staff but he wasn't interested and decided not to give us an explanation but let his worker do so. We did complain to a bigger boss when we saw him walking around, he did seem very helpful and understanding (even if he did suggest we come at a cooler time) but he asked us if we had any other problems and said/appeared to be grateful for feedback.

LOCATION:
Miles away from Larnaca! It does seem in the middles of nowhere, there is a lively bar opposite and two convenience stores over the road but there wasn't much going on. You can catch the butt about 200m from the hotel to Larnaca, it will cost 1.50 each way per person. BUS HAS AIR CON! don't get too worried when you notice you're going into a bus station, they change drivers regularly and will happily shout the hotel if you ask them too on the way back if it's dark and you can't see. I wouldn't say it is 'on the beach' but more on the sea with a few pebbles in between.

ROOM:
My brother and I shared a twin room, two single beds which were pushed together. The room was ok and there was nothing major to complain about but nothing to write to home about either. However when you pay the amount of money this hotel costs and see that it is a 4* hotel then you do expect a lot better. The beds were firm (as they tend to be on holiday) but that is fine with me I don't mind that and the sheets/blankets were useable. Air con in our room was top notch! It was really cool and when the maids had cleaned our room and whilst we weren't in the room we put a loyalty card in the holder to make sure the room was cool when we got back, it worked a treat. Balcony was adequate for what we use it for (hanging swimming shorts out), had 2 deck chairs and a table, would be comfortable. We had two balcony doors (like double glazing) we were facing the road and a lively bar and we didn't have any disturbances in the 12 nights we were there. Fridge was standard and useable along with hairdryer, tv, cupboards and wardrobe. The room and bathroom were cleaned well everyday with the maids being polite and would come back later instead if needed. Toilet and sink were fine, when you go to the toilet it is meant to be a 'paper in the bin' job but I have to say we did ignore this. Our shower was pretty dreadful, the temperature was fine and easily changed but the way it came out the shower head was really quite terrible for a 4* but as lads, it suited us and I was able to have a wash. Silly it was, we did not complain however the have cards in the room which you can fill in any maintenance problems so it would be sorted.

GENERAL AMENITIES:
The pool is a decent size for the size of the hotel which was smaller than expected, it had two clear halves and was suitable for what it was. The temperature seemed to be perfect as well, it was nice and cool when it needed to be but it was pleasantly warm at times too! The poolside was also nice, part patio, part grass. It was never too crowded and should find it too hard to get a bed even though we were up at the crack of dawn to get the ones we wanted. I noticed that the hotel offered packages to locals who could come and use sunbeds, swim and eat in the hotel grounds for the day.
The brochures imply that there are loads of activities available and a packed entertainment programme through the day..... there isn't! The only thing that was animation lead was some stretching at about 10am everyday in the pool and an occasional game of water polo. No dart board or pool table as advertised. There were some boules equipment that you could use yourself and a volleyball net you could use.
Sauna and Jacuzzi were charged extra (the first time I've ever seen this for all inclusive!)
A safe in your room costs 2Euros per day which is the cheapest I've ever known!
There is a small shop in hotel, very small but what do you expect, it sells, sun cream, glassed, balls, crisps ect.

STAFF/SERVICE:
Receptionist when we got there was really nice, we landed extremely late and delayed, got to hotel at around 1am, he was VERY SLOW but helpful and offered us a cold plate of food which we declined due to being so tired. Most of the receptionists need to cheer up a bit! If you were buying an internet code (variable prices - 8euro per day) or paying for a late room then they couldn't be quick enough to help you but if it didn't revolve around money they didn't seem as helpful. Bar and restaurant staff on the whole were great even though one or two could have done with a smile drawn on their faces (I understand they work long hours and in a bar with no air con). A special mention to Simon in the bar who would always have a conversation with you and joke with you and Adrian in the restaurant who probably made my holiday! He loves speaking to people and he would talk to us every night at tea, make us smile and laugh (even if he was looking over his shoulder to see where the boss was).

FOOD AND DRINK:
The food was on a weekly cycle which was a bit annoying but what I ate was nice enough even if there wasn't the selection/variety I would expect from a 4*. There is a small kids section open from 7-8 in restaurant which is advertised as kids only but I saw adults go there every night for chips, fish finger ect. There was some sort of pork and chicken on every night. Always soup and a selection of puddings. They took a drinks order when you sat down and you would struggle to get another drink during the meal so I ordered two. They are very quick to take your plates away, I might go as far as saying too quick at times.
The drinks were a big disappointment! Both the alcohol and soft drinks/mixers were a let down. In other 4 star hotels the alcohol has been branded even though I can accept with some drinks you cannot taste the difference. The better drinks were their orange juice which was nice and their 7UP and Amaretto and coke which I did not notice any difference in. However the coke, Fanta and other mixers genuinely tasted unpleasant!
P.S - The bar and restaurant manager is infuriating, walking around like he is better than everyone! Just looking at him whilst eating made me angry, pointing at all of his staff in a rude way being totally unnecessary.

ENTERTAINMENT:
With it being the hotels own entertainment and booking we were not expecting much. You had the kids/mini disco most nights as standard. They appear to have a weekly cycle of entertainment. One night we saw a clown walking around advertising his show, he looked like a idiot and his part of the show for the kids was pretty poor however the magic show he did was incredible and I was baffled, it was good! And also the blues brothers night, I really enjoyed that, singing along. The rest of the entertainment can only be described as gastly!

FINISHED...... The hotel was disappointing, it definitely should only be a 3*. The reason for my low rating is because when I go away, the two biggest things that I pay for/look for are the drinks and being cool and comfortable, both of which did not happen. There's something wrong when you're in an all inclusive bar between 7pm and midnight and you are the only group there!

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for sea view (£200) maybe. Don't get me wrong it is incredibly beautiful! Bu...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

First impressions of the hotel was that it was clean but I was disappointed as it was not what I expected. However the rooms are a good size and well equipped, the rooms were cleaned thoroughly daily by the cleaning staff who did an excellent job. Beach bar area was very tired and could do with an upgrade. However what really did stand out which is a positive was a lovely young waiter named Adrian even though he was clearly very very busy as all times he was a very welcoming and friendly, always a smile for all the residents and took the time to make small chat whilst he was working, nothing was too much trouble. He is an absolute credit to the hotel and he made our stay more pleasurable. Thank you Adrian.
Mr & Mrs Kiriakou

• Stayed August 2014
Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The rooms are clean. In the rooms you will find everithing that you need on holidays. The food is delicious with big selection to choose from. The staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. Thank you for very nice holidays.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kikinda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The staff is very polite and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacius with nice matracess. In the rooms you will find everithing that you need on holidays. The food is delicious with big selection to choose from. And the pool is just perfect. :)

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!