“Great food but you wouldn't want to stay there” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princess Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40858, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #12 of 40 hotels in Larnaka
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Great food but you wouldn't want to stay there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is classed as a 4* but no way is it. The food was excellent as were the waiters and bar staff. My husband booked this trip as a surprise for me and requested a room with a sea view, he even went in the week before to confirm this and was promised that we would get the view, on arrival we were given a room overlooking the car park and main road and when we complained the reception staff were very unhelpful and not at all apologetic. The room itself was old and tired looking, the bedding was disgusting, certainly not what you expect from a 4*. It was cold, there was a thermostat in the room but guests are unable to change the temperature. The bath water was cold on the first night and only tepid for the rest of our stay and the 'white' towels were grey, tiny and like cardboard. I wouldn't recommend the massage either unless you like pain, my back is still very sore 24 hours later. I feel that the jacuzzi/steam rooms should be free to guest as well as the internet. Overall I have stayed in better motels. If you are in the area I would highly recommend going for a meal there but don't check in.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been back since the 10th December and it was my 1st time in Cyprus I Just wanted to say that this hotel is very good well the staff are very nice and very very helpful especially Sofia. My partner did pester her every time he needed some directions or info about the area and wheres best to go but she was very helpful and didn't mind him asking at all.

We went All inclusive food isn't great but was OK when we ate there which was just breakfast we ate out every night.

The marina is 10 mins away on the bus which was €1.50pp where the coffee shops and restaurants are. From there you can Also get the bus to Nicosia, which was €4 each way or €7 return a lot cheaper than getting a taxi. Nicosia was about an hour 1hr away but worth the trip. The hotel also provided free excursions which we made use of 1 day which was good.

The Lobby and restaurant were really nice and welcoming then you went to your room and didn't feel like you was in the same hotel as rooms need refurbishing ASAP. Also The hotel does charge for everything we had to pay for the internet unlike most ppl we only paid €30 for the week but others got charged €10 a day. The Plug adapter you had to pay €5 deposit which you did get back so wasn't that bad. Sauna facilities you had to pay for on top of any treatments you got.

There isn't much to do at the hotel or the surrounding area especially this time of year as everything closed for the winter. But getting around on the buses are really easy and cheap.

I would come back but when everything reopens for the summer and not as many pensioners are at the hotel.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

i checked in for 2 days with my 12 year old son for having a nice time at xmas, because we know this hotel since years. and it was a good idea.
the cooking chief knows what he is doing... not many times in my life a i had such an amazing buffet!
in general, the princess is getting better and better after some difficulties after reopening in springtime. some changes need time, but now you can see the results!
but the best was and will always be the staff. in no other hotel you feel like coming home like in the princess. and that's why we will always come back :-)

Room Tip: i always had a nice room, but i prefer the garden rooms. they are bigger and more modern style.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Recently returned from a week there in December. I am a seasoned traveller staying at some ten different hotels in a year and I know what to expect from a good hotel. Most of the other guests were via Saga or of this age range and perhaps not used to acceptable modern standards or seasoned but may have posted positive comments for this reason.

A very disappointing finish and standard of the hotel marketed as a 4 star. The bungalows were supposedly a higher standard than the rooms in the hotel - but there were recurring issues as I was invited into a number of rooms in both areas.

The grout around the bath and tiles was showing mould and ingrained dirt and was untouched by the cleaners (see pics). The sealant is unprofessionally plastered and smeared on allowing dirt build up and ingress. Fixtures and fittings are falling off the walls in the hotel rooms and are very tired and worn and the bungalows have thin walls so there is a noise issue.

The towels stank of bleach and were rough and past their use. Curtains and bed sheerts had holes in and the carpeted rooms in the hotel were scuffed and threadbare in places.

The tiles in the corridor to the bunglows were decaying and pitted and even worn down to the metal reinforcing rods (see pics).

I would not call it a beach but a spit of dirty sand colured a dark brown by the nearby oil refinery and the hotels sun loungers sat on concrete covered by a thin layer of imported sand (see pic).

The hotel is not in Larnaca as advertised but over 7km away. Internet access is 10 Euros per day, so find freeWIFI at a local bar. The sauna is extra and even the suitcase weighing scales are chargeable.

There are masses of posing and strutting managers, seemingly ignoring these basic faults and passing the buck but happy to take your money.

The saving grace was that the buffet style meals and breakfasts were very varied and plentiful except for being oversalted.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I lived in the Princess Hotel with my friends,the last week November 2013.
During this visit I used to option all inclusive,this is very good solution,because we spent a lot of time inside and we sightseeing not to much.hotel is very nice and clean.The rooms have a good eguipment.Services are polite and helpfull.Food ist the best with I've ever eaten.I would like to thanks Onufros-zipperhead of restaurant.The Princess is daisy place to relax and rest.Everyone can find enjoyments,both peoplein the middle age and familly with children.Fan and games were a lot and every day we could pick out few options.sinceraly I and my friends recommend this beauty place.The Princess Hotel fill the bill in 100%.
I greet employees and board of managment sincerely.People do vibe in place and I want to back there one's again.
Asia from Poland.

Room Tip: My room 519,was in the right side hotel,1 floor .From the window I saw swimming pool and background...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

At Princess Beach Hotel we stayed for 3 days and 4 nights from 30th Nov to 4th Dec, 2013. The temperature was approx to 18 to 19 degree. We enjoyed our stay at princess hotel, if you are a Mediterranean food lover then you'll this hotel as the right choice. Their are daily activities to to entertain their guest. The staff and even the local cyprus people are really obliging and helping. Finokardus city and the Larnaca airport is 15-20 mins taxi drive from the hotel. They charge Eur.25 for taxi and if you are taking local bus which is blue in color they charge Euro 1.50. Over-all experience at larnaca was awesome. Tips : The best season to travel by April to August for beach lovers and for water sports activities.

Room Tip: We had booked sea view double room, it was quite enough spacious for couples, but if you have kids t...
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is not a four star hotel for numerous reasons. Firstly I cannot be a 100% negative. There are some really nice staff at the hotel, like Christina a waitress, always smiling and a real sweetie. The food was great 6 out of the 7 evenings. BUT. The negatives. And there are a few. The rooms are very tired, battered and dirty. There are no complimentary hand creams etc, this is standard in nearly all the 4* hotels I have ever stayed in. The towels stink of bleach and I wouldn't use one on my dog..they are so old and rough.
They charge extra...ten euros a day to access the Internet, this should be basically free. The are weighing scales to weigh your luggage, but you have to pay for this. The hotel has a gym, but is kept locked. You have to ask for it to be opened. There is a spa ham man, but this again is extra. What is included, is very minimal.
On booking, I asked for a quiet room, and ended up in a bungalow, with noise above and next door. The management invite guests to a drinks half hour on Fridays and ask for feedback, but I cannot believe that they are NOT aware about how shabby this hotel really is. We stayed on a half board basis and every evening asked if we wanted drinks with our meals. All about making money.
Every evening there is a pile of managers standing about, chit chatting with guests. They need to get rid of one or two time wasters and look at their hotel. I would never stay at this hotel, or the Louis chain again.
This hotel is not in Larnaca. It is outside of Larnaca. We hired a car, for ease, but there is public transport, other guests giving themselves an hour to get to Larnaca by public transport.
This hotel is for people in their 50s. It is for people who are not bothered about standards and entertainment. This hotel is rough around the edges. People who stayed for longer than a week, said that the same things were repeated each week. This hotel needs to check out real 4* hotels and drag itself to their standards. (I could smell the bleached towels as soon as I entered the hotel room, if you like bleach smelling towels, you will love this hotel).

Room Tip: I suggest that you spend some extra time and book another hotel, as I asked for a quiet room, and di...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!