“Our second visit to this lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princess Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40858, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #12 of 40 hotels in Larnaka
Tadworth, United Kingdom
“Our second visit to this lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We’ve visited this hotel two years now. Beautiful quiet location. We took our elderly parents, and they couldn’t get in to the bath of the first room they were given, but the hotel moved them the next day to a ground floor room with smaller bath which was more practicle for them. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, it created a lovely atmosphere. The food was good. I’m vegetarian, and this year there was more choice and the chef said he’d help if I couldn’t find anything, but I didn’t need that as it was well labelled. I do realise that if I had a room facing the road I would have been very disappointed, but from our personal experience I really can’t fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea or pool view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear loyal guest,

Thank you for returning to the Louis Princess Beach and for expressing your thoughts about our hotel on the Internet.

We are very glad that our staff quickly could move your parents to another room so that you all could have a great holiday. We are happy that you found our staff so helpful and friendly, and it is very nice to hear that you find the location of our hotel so beautiful and relaxing. We are pleased to hear that you think that our food is of good quality and that you, as a vegetarian, were able to find even more choice on the buffet this year.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you here at the Louis Princess Beach on your next holiday.

Yours faithfully

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Buzau, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I did spend one lovely week at Louis Princess. The hotel is located right in front of the beach.
The majority of tourists I did meet there were coming from the UK, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Russia & Germany.
Rooms are nice even if double beds could be a little larger, but apparently the housekeepers are often missing to clean the bathroom and never pack your clothes (they just throw them on the couch near the bed).
No internet WIFI for free - I did pay 35 Euros for 1 week and internet speed is decent just in the hall. If you are using it in your room, you keep getting disconnected, but maybe it's because my room was at 3rd floor.
The food is superlative, excellent quality, great choice, I did gain 3 kg. in one week.
The hotel staff is entirely coming from Bulgaria and Romania: girls at reception are very polite and helpful (in particular the blonde girl), same about the waitresses. Actually some of them are seriously pretty too - like Yoni and a blonde one I forgot the name :-)
If you love cats like I do, there are 3 big beautiful ones that will come to say hello while you are tanning and that are spending the day around the beach and the pool. I did appreciate very much the fact hotel staff is respecting them and not chasing them.
What I didn't like at all about this hotel was the animation: after 10 pm the hotel was almost dead. OK, maybe people from the UK does have a problem with music and noise in general but they could organize at least some evening shows. The evening animation (between 9 pm and 10 pm) did consist in bingo, a Russian singer not talented at all and a karaoke where nobody did sing.
In conclusion, I must say I have been satisfed and - considering how the other hotels there around were looking - I think this hotel has been the best choice

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for sharing your opinion here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you spent a lovely week in our hotel and that you overall are very satisfied with everything our hotel has to offer. It is wonderful to read your comment about our generous buffet as you found it to be of excellent quality with many delicious dishes to choose from. It is nice to hear that you appreciated our professional and friendly staff and that you found them very helpful. It is also encouraging for us to read about your friendly attitude towards the cats that recently have been spotted around the hotel grounds and we wish more people had the same understanding. We are sorry that the entertainment did not quite fit your taste and that you think it finished too early in the evenings. However many guests appreciate the entertainment for exactly the same reasons so we have tried to find a reasonable balance between all guests’ different preferences. We regret to hear that the wifi connection in your room did not work as smooth as it ought to and if you had informed us as soon as you noticed the disruption we would have done our best to resolve the issue. We are also sorry if the cleaning of your room was not to your fullest satisfaction. Usually our guests are very happy with our housekeeping department but we will definitely take a closer look to see if we can improve our cleaning procedures. However, we are glad that you still consider the Louis Princess Beach a great choice.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope we will get a chance to welcome you to Louis Hotels soon again.

Kind regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We were put in a room facing a horrible road, with a very noisy disco going on till 2am sometimes, hotel receptionist was very unhelpful and continually smiled a smug smile that made you think she was pleased she's couldn't move you. Room was smelly and the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall as was the towel rack. The carpet was all rucked up and rather shabby. Not what you would expect for a 4 star hotel. The beach is stones not sand, there is only a dodgy concrete path to take a stroll along the beach. But nothing to see anyway just more tatty hotels and wasteland. We then discovered that the hotel is closing for refurbishment in nov 2012.so the holiday companies are obviously just taking your money and don't really care that the hotel is so tatty. On saying all this the food and staff (with the exception of the horrible receptionist) were excellent especially when you know that they don't even know if they will keep their jobs after the refurbishment.

• Stayed October 2012
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear guest,

Firstly, let us thank you for having chosen to spend your holidays at our Louis Princess Beach and for taking your time to post a review on this website.

It gives us great pleasure knowing that you found our cuisine on offer truly excellent and our staff members great. However, we must admit that we were very surprised to hear the rest of your review. As for your comment regarding the rooms, it came as a shock to us, as we usually receive positive feedback from others who in particular praised the cleanliness and comfort of them. We would have been more than glad to offer you a change of room, had you told us about the issues you had with it. In addition, we are saddened to read that our hotel's location was not to your liking, even though other clients admire the fact that our hotel is situated right on the beach, allowing an easy access into the clear and refreshing sea. It is a shame that all these factors made you decide not to enjoy your holidays as much as you wanted and for this we would like to apologize. Hopefully the happenings will not prevent you from returning to our hotel.

Thank you once again for writing your opinion on Tripadvisor and we hope that we will get a second chance to prove to you that staying at one of our Louis Hotels can undoubtedly turn into one of the most memorable holidays you have ever experienced! We suggest our Louis Zante Beach, our lti Louis Grand and our Louis Ledra Beach for your next visit.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This summer we stayed (for the 3rd time) at this very nice and convenient hotel, We found everything to satisfaction as we did on aour previous stays.
Top of the list in our opinion was the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, from the managers down to the housekeepers. The quality and choice of food and drinks was excellent, and enjoyed in comforable and clean dining areas. The proximity of the wonderful beach is another reason why we regularly stay at this hotel, and hopefully we shall be adding to stays here when we next holiday in Cyprus.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room in the main hotel to get a good cooling evening breeze.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear loyal guest,

On behalf of the Louis Princess Beach we would like to thank you for staying at our hotel for the third time and for sharing your impressions and experience with us.

We are pleased to read that you once again much admired our very nice and convenient hotel, in particular the friendliness and efficiency of our staff including the management, the quality and choice of food and drinks, as well as the proximity of the wonderful beach.

It would give us great pleasure to welcome you back to our Louis Princess Beach next year for another great holiday!

Kindly yours

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hardest bed I've ever had the misfortune of trying to sleep on.

No food after 9pm, except pre-prepared ham and cheese sandwiches, so nothing for a vegetarian. Bar closes at 11.30pm, no mini bar. Great bar across the road though, if you like loud music.

Room had a great view of the sea, but Ants in the bed. First room had connecting door to the flat next to it, where the occupant had the TV on so loud it was vibrating, at 7:30am.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel need to have the (double glazed) balcony doors shut at night, to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

It pleases us to see that you enjoyed the stunning view of the sea from your room. However, we are saddened to hear the rest of your review. Sadly, you did not inform us about your discomfort with the bed; we would have been more than glad to provide you with mattress pads, which have proven to ensure softer bedding for the ones who prefer it. As for your comment concerning the sandwiches we will consider it immediately for our improvement. We also regret hearing about the ants and we guarantee you that this issue will be followed up straightaway. As you can see on this website, the majority of our guests are very pleased with the 4-star services they received. Unfortunately in your case, we were not able to achieve your greatest satisfaction and for this we apologize. We hope that the happenings will not prevent you from visiting us again in the future.

Thank you again for taking your time and we hope to get the chance to welcome you back to one of our Louis Hotels in the near future!

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have just spent 5 nights at this Hotel. 28th Sept-3rd It was just myself alone with my 75yr old mother, I have to say its a good standard hotel, and the staff are pleasent, well worth going back, The food was very good just couldnt fault it, comfortable sun beds and lots of them, nice beach. The reception staff were lovely and Angie was so helpfull and always had a smile. The entertainment was ok but only just ok, it is a lovely hotel and found the lack of to do or see at night was poor, We made the best of it. Please note when you arrive you are given a towel ticket and on it it says towels to be changed on the 3rd day not good or healthy and I had to leave 10 Euros deposit for each towel cant think anyone would want to take them home, I had to wait a day for
a saftey deposit key as the didnt have one so had to have all my money and passport on me untill the next day late eve. We had a ground floor room it led to the pool about 10 steps in fact and the sea was warm, along with the good beach service and great snacks. I will go back well worth it its only 15mins from Larnaca airport.

Room Tip: I Think the lower or the ground floor rooms are best as the lift is small, There is only 4 floors a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for sharing your experience online.

It is a real delight to read that you and your mother truly enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you admired our pleasant staff, our very good food on offer, the comfortable sunbeds, the nice sea, as well as the good beach service and great snacks. It is also nice to see that you were pleased with your room that was on the ground floor, as it was only 10 steps away from the pool. We would like to apologize for the fact that you had to wait one day until you received the key for the safety deposit in your room and we will make sure it does not occur again in the future. As for our towel changing policies, they are there to reduce the environmental impact of daily towel changes; in addition, a deposit is absolutely necessary because in the past, unfortunately, guests have taken them back home.

We are grateful to you for your kind words and we are thrilled to read that you will return to the Louis Princess Beach. We are looking forward to that day!

Yours sincerely

Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was there with my family in September 2012. I can say that this was one of the biggest surprises I had ever experienced, because I really didn't expect that it would be so good.
It is a small hotel, which is a great plus, clean, cоsy, stuff is very polite, very friendly, I know that I am repeating a bunch of words that you've already read, but really I can't understand people who are absolutely displeased with the hotel. And the best part is the food, sea and one of the managers in the restaurant whom I would like to say thanks a lot for your attention, your excellent work and everything.
Animation team could work better, but there was a clown who was coming once a week, a very funny guy. All children especially my son liked him very much.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Many thanks to you for having chosen to spend your holidays at the Louis Princess Beach and for putting a positive feedback online.

It gives us great pleasure hearing that we were able to go beyond your expectations and we are happy that you in particular admired the cleanliness within our hotel, our very polite and helpful staff as well as our excellent food on offer. Rest assured that your kind words will be forwarded to the ones concerned. It is nice to see that your son very much liked the clown who visited our hotel once a week.

Thank you again for your compliments and we would be more than delighted to welcome you back to the Louis Princess Beach for another great vacation!

Yours faithfully

The Management

Been to Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!