“needed a break and some sun, i got the break ........:-(” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princess Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40858, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #10 of 42 hotels in Larnaka
Redhill, United Kingdom
“needed a break and some sun, i got the break ........:-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice clean hotel, I stayed in March 2012, the food was ok, a bit bland but varied with themed nights, which was good. Staff quite friendly. I had a lovely sea view room, the walls are a bit thin as i could hear everything from the neighbouring rooms!!
I did try and change my half board booking to allow for lunch and dinner ( didn't really want to get up for breakfast everyday) instead of breakfast and lunch or dinner, but they wouldn't have it :-(

Most of the facilities were not open (out of season !!) The gym, jacuzzi, beach bar, etc I also tried booking a few excursions directly with the hotel, as i wasn't on a holiday package trip, and was only able to go on one in 9 days, as the others weren't running (Troodos Mountains, Jeep Safari's) (not all strictly the hotels fault here) This was a pain as the weather wasn't great, so there wasn't much to do in the hotel during this time. Most of the bars and restaurants around the hotel were either closed or had very little business, obviously due to the time of year, I am told by the locals it does get very busy in the peak season. There was a supermarket opposite so for soft drinks, snacks, papers etc i would definitely recommend popping over there when you arrive.
I found the hotel entertainment very cliche and middle of the road and family orientated, which is fine if that is what you want, it wasn't my cup of tea, so I spend most of the week in the pub opposite.
€1 gets you a bus ride into downtown Larnaca (approx 5km), bus stop is right outside hotel, and many more options for restaurants and bars, although the buses stop at 8pm which is a bit bizarre, but I found the taxi's to be fine. The Sunday market (Oroklini) is also worth a visit, 20 minute walk from hotel. I definitely regret not arranging a hire car and looking around the island more, maybe next time !! But I would stay at this hotel again, no problem!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Princess Beach we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday accommodation and for taking the time to write a detailed review online.

We are happy to read that you liked the variety of the food, the view, and our helpful and caring staff; they are working very hard to make sure that every guest is provided by their needs!

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the nearest future or perhaps in one of our Louis Hotels!

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

very nice hotel on beach unfortunately weather very poor also not a great beach
very nice selection of food for breakfast & dinner (hot & cold buffet with carvery varied nightly) comfy but not elaborate rooms for 4* hotel room cleaning left a lot to be desired i.e cleaning of bathroom & changing glasses etc.
good facilities but look out for extra charges not usually associated with my 4* hotel stays
e.g. 4 euros per day for room safe key 4 euros for 1hr PC use
The restaurant staff very efficient, smart & attractive
We were B&B 7 they charged 20 PP for dinner I asked about upgrading to HB and it was only 9 PP per day or AI for 25 PP per day great value
live sing along music some nights
bus stops outside
If you want to cross to the north take your passports with you it is ok to take car but they charge 35 euros for TP insurance
there are lots of crossing points so you can go off the main roads & find a border crossing
If in Nicosia you can leave car & walk across (with passport)

Room Tip: garden rooms are nicely positioned
Dear guest,

We thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for sharing your impressions with us.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the variety of the food on offer, as well as our caring and courteous staff, the facilities, we are also happy that you found the upgrades of the food services of great value!
Regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, we will mention this directly to the housekeeping department, in order for it not to happen in the nearest future. In addition, we inform you of a cluster training program taking place at all our Larnaca and Protaras hotels this week, in which we remind our cleaners of their responsibilities. In addition, they will be retrained on the job, therefore we expect improved housekeeping results immediately.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at the Louis Princess Larnaca from 15 to 20 March. We travelled from Bucharest Romania where we live at present. We are both from England. We have both worked in 5 star hotels as managers for many years.

We booked an upgraded garden delux room (as advertised) and paid the extra money as from the pictures on the website it looked nice and large. However on checking in we were disappointed at the size of the room it was very small and not at all like the picture shown. The position of the room was good overlooking the swimming pool and close to the beachfront.

My husband also emailed the hotel before we travelled to mention that we were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary and could the room be a nice room and could they acknowledge the email but they never got back to him.

We arrived on Thursday there was no sign of any entertainment that night, nor Friday or Saturday. On Sunday there was a lady singing and a man playing the organ and they were good and i think all the guests were desperate for entertainment as the dance floor was full all night. I know it is out of season but we still like to see some entertainment especially during out first couple of days. We checked out other hotels nearby and they were all advertising some form of entertainment each evening. Maybe it is the hotel policy to only have entertainment on a few nights of the week but well i was really bored for the first 3 nights.

The food was ok but could of been hotter. The fresh cakes/sweets were nice. There was enough choice for us to choose from for an all inclusive. The wine in the restaurant and in the bar was poured from a carton and as i love red wine i was disappointed that i could not drink it!

The position of the hotel and the beach area we really liked.

The staff were all friendly and very helpful we could not fault them.

Room Tip: Garden pool view rooms to the left side of the pool get the sun almost all day and the rooms to the...
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for sharing you experience online.

It is nice to read that you liked the varied choice of food, and the location of the hotel. However, we are very sorry to see that you didn´t fully enjoy your stay...
Regarding your e-mail, our sincerest apologies, but the reason for not responding to you is that we haven't received anything. Nevertheless, we wish you (even belatedly) a Happy Anniversary. As for the animation, we do offer daily entertainment in the all-inclusive package but only as of May.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the possibility to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

Yours sincerely

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I am not normally drawn to provide a review unless the experience was either exceptional or terrible, and would certainly never write a review while still staying at the hotel. But a combination of frustration and disappointment has led me write this. Residing in Dubai and being well travelled (India, china, Jordan, France, America etc) I have stayed in hotels from 2 star up to 5 star and have never experienced one pretending to be something it's not until now. There have also been other issues unrelated to the self proclaimed 4 star rating and will detail them all here.
1-My flight landed early and was told I couldn't get the wrist band until I checked in, i couldnt check in until 2....a catch 22? A 3 hour sit in reception with no food or drink. Nice start. The receptionist did see the error of her ways but was too late.
2-The wifi is NOT free
3-The mini bar is actually an empty fridge, strangely there is a mini bar price list in the room. I asked for the fridge to be stocked with the items on the list and was told 'we don't do that, but I could put what I wanted in it'. How nice of them...4 star?
4-Don't try and get breakfast in your room, you are supposed to put your order on the outside door handle the night before. I have now tried this twice, waiting for the food, opened the door after it should have arrived to find the card still there. I complained after the first time so for it to happen twice is just poor...4 star?
5-Laundry service, where do I start. I came here for 5 days, tried to put my creased clothes through on day 1 using express service and was told I would have to wait until the next day. The clothes were taken the next day but I am now on day 3 of my 5 day stay and am still wearing the clothes I arrived in!!! ....4 star? Where are my clothes? I have been promised them the last 2 mornings now.
6-Found a rather large mosquito in my pasta at lunch, these things happen I suppose, however what did surprise was the fact that they didn't change the tray at the buffet after informing them where it came from. These things have human and animal blood in them, you would think they would change the batch of pasta.
7-Bought killer spray to tackle the ant and roach problem in my room myself. You would think the cleaners would find it in their hearts to clear up all the dad bodies. 3 days now and all still lay there.

The manager bless him tried to make me happy yesterday with a free bottle of wine and some fruit. I like the guy and he is doing his best. But I'm on an all inclusive package lol I can go and get this stuff anytime.

The entertainment appears to cater for other nationalities more than anyone else, I had no idea how terrible some 'traditional' music is. Sorry not my cup of tea. Ironically though; the Russian bar across the street is very very good, they play music that is more main stream for all nationalities and are friendly, warm and welcoming.

If the hotel said it was 2/3 star and the cost was level with that standard, then you may put up with some of these items, but really, it's just not worth the money. Louis hotels need a reality check, I think at one time this was a great hotel and need to realise work is needed to get it back to its former glory. I wouldn't blame the staff, i do believe they try their best, Louis hotels you need to sort your hotel out. A lick of paint on the main hotel building wouldn't go amiss either.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Princess Beach we would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are very sorry to read your disappointment and that you didn't enjoy all of our facilities during your stay. We assure you that your complaints have been taken into serious consideration and that we will do our utmost to improve on all aspects.

Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed at hotel first week in March, unfortunatly weather was very cold but the warmth of the staff was superb. At check in we declined the evening meal as a bit tired but no matter we could have a lunch later in the week we where told. Food was all buffet but very good and varied. Position with own private beach is superb. Pool side is very well kept. Staff very concerned that we where happy especially with inclemant weather nothing too much trouble.
Beds could be softer but then that is a personal choice. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude by thanking you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for taking the time to share your impressions online.

We are pleased to see that you had a great time with us, especially that you have experienced the friendliness and hospitality of our staff, the variety of the food on offer, and the facilities, it is a delight to read that you left satisfied, with the expression of visiting us again in the nearest future!

Thank you once again and we look forward to your arrival in one of our Louis Hotels!

Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I'm happy with staying at this hotel. Upon arrival from the airport (access was fast and hassle-free, inexpensive taxi) was reported immediately my room. The service was very nice and said no problem in English. Rooms are located near attractions such as the Port of Larnaca, Finikoudes Beach and Larnaca Castle. The hotel has a very nice pool. Unfortunately the hotel also has drawbacks. It is a place where a group of tourists stay overnight as a result is sometimes loud and crowded. Despite this, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Princess Beach we would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for leaving a comment regarding your stay.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the service provided by our wonderful staff, the rooms, and the facilities, Everyone in the hotel is trying to make sure all our guests will have a memorable stay!

Thank you once again for your recommendation and we hope to see you back soon in one of our Louis Hotels!

Best regards

Lochristi, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We spent 4 days in the hotel in February 2012. Great location, close to Larnaca Town and the Airport, and centrally located for excursions. Nice beach in the vicinity. The room was spacious, clean, nice balcony with great seaview. Breakfast buffet was great in quality and in quantity. Very nice staff. In short a hotel to return to!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Princess Beach and for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

It gives us joy to read that you liked the location of the hotel, the rooms, and the quality of the breakfast buffet. Every person in the hotel is making an effort to make it the guests as comfortable as possible.

We would like to thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the nearest future in one of our Louis Hotels!

The Management

Been to Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!