“What a great surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
Athens
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Most hotels in Larnaca are old-fashioned and a little dated, so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover this little gem, hidden in a small street behind McDonalds'. It is not very easy to find, since it's not located on the big street, hence it's quiet. Beautiful boutique hotel, with spacious, clean and modern rooms. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful.
I will definitely stay there again whenever I visit Larnaca.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Hotel is located in a great area, very close to the beach and to the center of the city.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lobby is nice and decorated in a modern way. Room was a bit small but well equipped and bed was comfortable.
Keep in mind, there are clubs rigth next door and if you'd like to sleep well, try to get a higher floor room, otherwise you will hear the music from next door until they close.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed at the hotel, 17th-19th August, originally booked for the petrous Bros apts, but had to delay visit for 2 days. Hotels 4U refused to move our booking , told us we could not change the date, I rang the hotel direct and they moved us here.Onl;y downside is it is at the back of McDonalds down a dirty side street, but is only a 1 minute walk to the front and beach.
Room was great, clean, complimentary wine, fruit and water, breakfast for 5euros was also good. Find it very hard to believe some of the negative views on here, as I was apprehensive after reading these silly petty gripes people had. I could not fault the hotel whatsoever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here from 26th to 29th July. The staff were friendly and helpful but as the lift was often out of order we had a lot of trouble especially when we had to lug our baggage down the day we left. The staff helped us though and got us a taxi also. Internet was too expensive-they gave us a little discount but it was still too high. The bathroom basin and shower designs were perhaps meant to be very modern, but water invariably splashed out of the basins and the shower was like a locker room with just a panel to cover the upper body from the person sitting in the bedroom-not our style as we need some privacy! There was not even information about trips and excursions that could be taken perhaps this is a general problem in Larnaca! We may not return to Larnaca and not perhaps seek out the same hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

To start with the possitive, it's on a good location (although located in a scary alley) very close to the beach and to the center of the city. I did not have any problems with my booking, and I booked it through an online provider. Also, the rooms where adequate for what I paied, and spacious. However, the staff (minimum staff) has a very lets-get-over-with-it attitude and looks to take care only of the bureaucratic check-in check-out staff. The breakfast was sad, and wifi internet did not work (but then again it never did in all 3 hotels that I visited in Cyprus...). Overall however, value for money is relatively good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
UAE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I read the reviews before I booked and decided to stay there anyway even though there were a few bad reviews about problems with check in. I should have avoided on account of the reviews as EXACTLY the same thing happened.

I booked online before we went and the payment went through from my credit card. Turned up on the day, at check in time and asked by reception to take a seat. We patiently waited up to an hour before I started to ask what the delay was.... only then did they said they had found the booking but had absolutely NO rooms available, even though they had taken our booking and money! They had started searching around other hotels to transfer us to without even telling us. My partner took all our bags back to the car in disgust whilst I waited in the hotel reception. It seemed to be only when they then spotted I was 7 months pregnant that they 'found' us a room - within a few minutes.

Also I had booked and paid for a superior room - which I didn't believe we were given but I didn't have the energy (or inclination) to argue with the receptionist at that point and was just grateful to not have to be moved to another hotel as was tired from the travelling. We stayed our one night and left.

It was a shame as the hotel itself wasn't too bad - but I would advise to take note of the other reviews stating the same problem.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I made a reservation 30days in advance and reconfirmed my reservation prior to my journey. Upon arrival (after a 15hour flight travel), I was politely asked by the front desk to be seated for 10 minutes. I thought that was very thoughtful and they were perhaps getting the room ready. After 10 minutes the lady comes to me a with a brochure of another hotel and informs me that they are unable to give me a room for tonight as they are full and I could come back tomorrow. I have the hotel's signed and stamped booking confirmation and they are telling me they are full !! Surprisingly, and annoyed at myself, I recollected a similar review about this hotel that I had read in the past on tripadvisor and cursed myself for not having followed their advice to stay clear.... I have been a business traveller since that past decade and never ONCE have I encountered such a situation... I did manage to find another hotel for one night and on insistence of my local business partner came back to check in the following day due to office convenience situations... but... on my next trip I would definitely not come back to this hotel....

A non-biased view on room quality:
The rooms smell of excessive room freshener...
The pillows are extremely thick... putting the sleep quality at an incredibly low level...
The breakfast is decent though...
Internet is charged to the room depending on hourly usage...

My thoughts:
I have travelled a lot and stayed at all kinds of hotels, but this is by far the most 'dodgy' hotel that I have come across... It all looks nice and proper from the face value, but scratch the surface you you will be extremely surprised by what can come you way on stay of this hotel... This could be a good dormitory for tight budget airline company/staff but PLEASE be very careful going to this hotel for leisure or business... It could break your your trip...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Amorgos Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!