“We loved it and we'll be back” 5 of 5 stars

Eleonora Hotel Apartments
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hermes Street, Larnaka 6023, Cyprus   |
Ranked #8 of 40 hotels in Larnaka
Saint Petersburg
“We loved it and we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have accomodated in Eleonora the 9-th time. It's great. And no another words. We came back to Saint Petersburg and became dreaming about next year vocation on Cyprus in Eleonora. We hope that Eleonora and our room will wait us. This year we suggested our friends to go with us to Cyprus and stay in Eleonora. They were happy too. We feel in Eleonora as in the home and reception is very hospitality and we would like to meet them again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

As a solo traveler with a deep passion of exploring as many countries as I possibly can within my lifetime, Cyprus is the 42nd country I've visted and my accommodation experience at Eleonora Apartments is my best-ever. My original plan of staying 2 nights in Larnaca and then moving on to other cities of Cyprus was changed into 9 nights after enjoying great hospitality from the hotel staff ( especially Managing Director Panicos Paralimnitis and his friendly concierge Marina ), room amenities that suit my needs very well, and the fact that Larnaca is well-connected by Inter-city bus to other cities that it became my "home base" for day trips. I consider myself a traveler between backpacker on a shoestring and a tourist on a luxury splurge ( ie. I often choose medium-rated hotels over backpack inns and top end hotels ). Eleonora has my high rating because I was fortunate to be travelling in a slightly off-peak season ( early April before Easter ) and was upgraded to a family-sized studio apartment for my extended stay, at a very good rate of 55 Euros per night. The spacious bedroom, living hall with TV & sofa, well-equipped kitchen and a balcony with a nice view made me feel entirely at home. I used the kitchen to make sumptuous meals, watched TV programs on the sofa like what people used to do at home, sipped coffee on the balcony while looking at happy kids frolicking at the splashing fountain near the hotel. It helped that I do not make my itinerary too packed, or else just sleeping in Eleonora and not enjoying the comfort it offers will dilute the experience. There are grocery shops and minimarkets within good walking distance, so polishing culinary skills at the kitchen was a delight for me. An 8-minute walk from Eleonora brings me to Finikoudes beachfront, with lots of restaurant choices and the Intercity bus-stop ( from where I can catch frequent services to Nicosia, Agia Napa and Limassol ). With Larnaca as base, I could even explore Pafos on a day trip by catching the earliest 6am bus to Limassol for a connecting journey, to maximize the day hours. From the beachfront, there is also the Zinonas bus ( 431, 418 or 419 ) to Larnaca airport, as an alternative to taking the taxi ( cab fare around 12 Euros, which is reasonable ). Once again, thanks to Panicos and Marina for making my stay so memorable.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Stayed here with friends at the end of April for a long weekend and much needed break and was suitably impressed with the size of the apartments. We had a front facing apartment with a balcony which was massive even with the table and chairs on it there was loads of space. These looked out onto the lovely square with the fountains which was quite soothing in the background. The shower was amazing, very powerful which on past experience doesn't happen very often in the med, so top marks there. Apartments were very clean and well maintained with everything you could possibly want. There was an outside laundry room which was a plus if you are staying with children. The apartments were in a great location to all the nearby shops and restaurants and a 10 minute stroll took you down to the seafront. Take a right on the seafront and head off to McKenzie Beach which is a bit of a walk but well worth it as it is a lot quieter and there is also a fantastic bar called Yiomalu where you will get beach service so you can just sit back on your lounger and have a nice drink or snack delivered to your side, it also has internet facilities and TV's should you want to get out of the sun for a while. We would definitely recommend you stay at the Eleonora and big thans to Panicos for his kindness.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Myself and partner together with my daughter and parents stayed at this hotel over the Royal wedding weekend. We had a fantastic big apartment that was exceptionally clean and kitted out with a very large spacious balcony with a table and chairs that overlooked the town. It was lovely to sit out on the balcony eating breakfast in the morning with a traditional cup of tea that can be made in the apartment or obtained from reception. A look to the left was the sea view and in an ideal location to stroll out to the very many shops and boutiques intertwined with lovely bars and taverna's that surround the hotel. The sea is also in a short walking distance and the the marvellous beaches with their blue unbrellas and sunbeds for hire that line the strip of Larnaca sea front.
The staff are extremely helpful and thoughtful and when we requested some more pillows these were provided immediately. The rooms have plenty of storage space for hanging clothes and drawer space and are fully equipped for storing your valuables in the safe. There are quilts freshly laundered to hand in case of the chilly evenings which did come in handy as the weather was a little unusual for May in Cyprus with a chill at night. However if it was hot there is air conditioning in the rooms that would be utilised if you need it in the summer months. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you would need should you decide to have a meal in the apartment. The bathroom was laid out with freshly laundered towels together with shampoo and shower gels should you have forgotten to pack them in that hand luggage !
The hotel is only about 10 mins from the airport and a taxi will cost you bedtween 10 -15 euro, probably best to take the telephone no of the hotel with you just in case the taxi driver does not know exactly where it is although our taxi driver knew exactly where it was so we did not have a problem. if you have hired a car then the hotel does have a car park .
All in all we had a lovely time and I can not emphasize enough the ideal location as we had various ages in our family and it meant that we were never all ready at the same time. Having everything to hand around you meant that the younder members could pramble round the shops until the whole party was ready !
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one young or old (or inbetween) and may I say a very big thank you to you all at Elonora Hotel - your hospitality was outstanding.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor -
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is the third time visiting Cyprus, without doubt this hotel apts were the best stay. Appartments are confortable, well furnished and clean with all amenities. Staff was very friendly. Ample space for private parking was available.

Thanks for the service.

Room Tip: Room 605.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel is approx 10-15 mins away from Larnaca airport which cost about 12 - 14 Euros in a cab.5-10 min walk to the beach.I booked a studio room which was very roomy, good wardrobe space, settee and fridge freezer.Not the most fantastic views if your staying on a lower level.The only thing which disappointed me was there is no hot water on tap.You have to switch on a wall switch and leave it on for half an hour only.Unfortunatley i left it on too long and had no hot water as was told by a very grumpy receptionist that the boiler had burnt out and had to be fixed!.Overall, good value if you are on a budget and only staying for a few days.

• Stayed February 2011
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Very happy with hotel Eleonora. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful, made us feel comfortable, and good with kids. Clean, spacious accommodation which felt extremely good value, and free sun beds on the beach when you show a card from Eleonora an added bonus. I would stay here again without hesitation if returning to Larnaca, and would recommend it to anyone, whether traveling for business or leisure purposes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Eleonora Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!