“DEATH TRAP AVOID AT ALL COSTS” 1 of 5 stars

Cactus Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-8 Tyrimou Str | PO Box 42318, Larnaka 6533, Cyprus   |
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka
London, United Kingdom
“DEATH TRAP AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was very let down when arriving at the hotel cactus in Cyprus

On arrival it was horrendous stuffy no air con in the lobby which already was not very pleasant and that wasn't the worst when i arrive in the "room" it was absolutely disgusting and was shocked at how that is called a hotel.

The place stank of smoke and old un freshness the noise from the fans outside which made a racket and the cupboard drawer which fell on my foot out of old age and the bathroom was disgusting not cleaned properly pubes everywhere and the toilet blocked and last but not least the air con was not working in the bed room that was the final thing which made me scout for a new hotel.I

This was horrendous and well below any standard and that's what made me leave about an hour after check in. I spoke to reception staff and weren't very helpful and so i went and found something else.

AVOID

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kragujevac
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

far away from city beach, public main bus station and center, bathroom is very old and has to be reconstructed, threre's no super markets and public bus station near hotel, polite staff, good price, internet is ok, breakfast is ok, cleanliness is very good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

bourbonnais
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had reserved Cactus hotel via BOOK-CYPRUS.
When I arrived with my group in Larnaca (8 people) the hotel was closed.
We had no information from Book Cyprus before arrival. They only ask us to pay total 8 days before arrival !
So, nobody to wait us - we came to San Remo hotel (same director) and we found 1 double room (ok) - and 2 triple room with one big bed and a camping bed for baby.
We had also reserved lunch, but no restaurant in San Remo. We were sent to à 3rd hotel (Flamingo beach) far from San Remo (we need car to travel to this restaurant) - always the same director !
Only potatoes and noodles with fish no cooked - Only small apples for dessert and not enough for everybody.
However, nice people in reception.
Nevermore book cyprus !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Larnaka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast wasn't that good but the price was OK! Big Trouble with the booking, i neede endless phonecalls with "easybook.com. they didnt made the reservation for me so i got problems with the hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had book this hotel one day before coming, but on our arrival we found the hotel closed and our names written on the window, with the direction to go to next hotel san remo, which was under reconstruction also. We think, it is not honest to sell the room, which you already know that you will not be able to give.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Itala, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

You get what you pay for. Golden rule, especially when it comes for hotel stay.
cactus is ranked as 2 stars, and makes its job.
To be clear, I would never ever use it for a proper vacation, or even for more than 2 nights, but in my case, as a quick overnight stay, in low season, with ridicolously cheap fare, thanks some discount I got on the web, the overall impression can be positive.
Old furnishing, tired room, mediocre toilette.
Uninterested reception, with a charged wifi, and not a cheap one.
But TV was working, aircon was ok, and the area is enough silent and 20 minutes walk far to the centre of larnaca.
Hairdryer down.
Breakfast in a nearby caffè. Basic, very basic.
But again, if you're looking after an hotel, don't go to Cactus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After staying at the fantastic Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol I did not want to drive the 90km to my morning flight so I booked this penal colony masquerading as a hotel. When I gave my credit card at booking I was asked to pay cash at check-in. Ok, it was only 51€. I hand over a 50€ note and a 2€ coin. No change and no recipt followed. When I asked for a receipt fearing the old "double charge" scam, I was told (in Greek which I also speak) "what? You don't trust us?" I laughed and thought f*** it. The room was of a squalor that no words in the English language can do it justice. Cockroaches, fleas, bodily fuids from previous inmate, and those were the charming points. I immediately got into my rental car and drove the Salamis to get octopus and get drunk so I would not have to go back to the cell. I got drunk. It was now 1am, my flight was at 7am. I "slept" for 3 hours and after thanking God that I survived the night, checked out. Out of over 1000 hotels I have stayed throughout the world, including war zones, this is the worst.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Cactus Hotel? Share your experiences!