“great holiday, very good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Lordos Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 40541, Larnaka 6305, Cyprus   |
Ranked #9 of 42 hotels in Larnaka
Leicester
“great holiday, very good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

we had a great time- the place is absolutely briliant. The rooms ervice food selection is maybe a bit simple but everything else is brilliant. Food at the buffet on the beach is great, staff everywhere is friendly, the place is fun and clean and the breakfast is amazing.

Room Tip: don't buy from the beach shop in the lobby, there are supermarkets across the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean and comfortable room with nice view over Larnaca bay. Staff pleasant and public areas clean. Pools were lovely with plenty of sun beds. The grounds were kept clean. Very close to the beach with free use of beds. Breakfast buffet offered plenty of choice including local dishes. Dinner buffet was wonderful with an excellent range of Cypriot dishes. Location great for Larnaca airport as it's only a short bus ride. Great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My adult daughter and I spent four nights at the Lordos Beach at he end of April. I had written ahead requesting a room that could accommodate someone with a came. I was thrilled to get a room with twin beds, one higher than the other, a raised toilette seat and a shower with easy access/
this was far more than I expected to r receive. We got a large room facing the side of the building and in you sat at the correct angle we could actually see the ocean We also had dietary problems; my daughter is a vegetarian and I can't eat any form of pepper. Each evening when we walked into the dining room she was shown which plates were good for her and then they asked me what I wanted to neat. I got a lovely pasta dish one night, breast of chicken another and lamb chops on the third night. At no time did they show that they were being annoyed or asked for things that they couldn't help us with.
The pool area and the beach were lovely and we spent most of our time down there.
Our flight home didn't leave until 22:35. I spoke with reception the morning or our departure and was told that we could leave at 4 without change and we could pay Eur 30 in ordfer to stay until 19:00 which worked perfectly for us. We needed help organizing our transfer back to the airport and the gentleman at the counter was more than happy to aassist us.
The food was OK. They weren't gourmet meals but I don't think that anyone left the dining room hungry.
We are definitely planning another trip back to the Lordos with our spouses and our children/grandchildren.
Thank you Lordos for making ours a really relaxing holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a nice time during our stay, but the family room we had was small and lacked air conditioning. For the amount paid, I feel AC should have been included. Also, the construction on the grounds should have been mentioned.

Overall, it is nice but not worth the money paid.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean, the maid service is excellent they clean the room from top to bottom every day. The lunch menu was good enough to keep going until dinner and the food was nice... We didn't go for the dinner option as there is a dress code which you are advised on when you arrive at the hotel shirts, trousers no shorts etc. we were not made aware of this on the hotels website so wasn't fully prepared with a weeks worth of formal clothing! Which you will need to be as there are only a small handful of restaurants outside the hotel. As a young couple in our 20s I would not recommend this hotel for people of the same age as there is literally 1 bar that had a few people in it but the barman told us they weren't allowed to play loud music etc because of the complaints from the hotel. So every night we were paying 15 euros for a taxi into larnaca town centre to go for dinner (due to the lack of restaurants surrounding the hotel) and also to have a couple of drinks after dinner (again due to the lack of bars surrounding the hotel) which after a week does add up to quite a costly amount. If you do chose to go to a restaurant near the hotel go to Diana's restaurant opposite the hotel, the food is really good and the steak is amazing.

A bit of a down side to this hotel is that you can hear literally everything thats going on in everyone else's room if they are, Getting up in the night to go to the toilet, opening and closing their door can be a bit of a nuisance if you are trying to sleep!

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to couples who are looking to have at least a little bit of a lively holiday the hotel was mainly families and the location lets it down. Also the beach at the hotel isn't too nice, we went to Ayia napa for the day the beach was so much nicer, a lot more bars and restaurants and I think in low season it would be a good option for couples.

• Stayed April 2013
Derbyshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent two weeks at the Lordos Beach from 7th - 21st April 2013. One 'twist' to our requirements was that the first week was a non-diving holiday with my wife, the second a week's diving with my Club, after my wife had returned home. The hotel was completely unfazed by this, arranging for me to keep the same room throughout and just swap 'buddies'. They also allowed me to 'settle up' after one week, so that my dive buddy wasn't contributing to my first week's expenses.
The food in the hotel was excellent and, unusually for us, we chose to eat in on three occasions, as their themed buffets (especially the Italian night) were such good value.
We had help from reception staff with arranging car hire, contacting the transfer company and finding local bus times.
There were two aspects of the stay which might bother some people; only two of the four outdoor pools were in operation, indeed the other two were empty and being worked on throughout the two weeks. The beach/poolside kiosks weren't open for drinks and snacks either. This was simply because the hotel was clearly 'working up to speed' for the season, which to all intents and purposes seems to start from 1st May. That having been said the area was kept clean and tidy and the workmen were quiet and considerate. The grassed area, the two working pools and beach were perfectly good for sun-lounging and swimming.
The other downside during our stay was the boorish behaviour of a large (30-ish) group of Norwegian oil-men who were there for a fortnight's course on drilling. They were loud, ill-mannered and returned to the hotel on more than one occasion drunk, in the early hours of the morning. One morning this began at 5am when they got in and when we went down to breakfast, there was one drunk sleeping it off in the corridor. The hotel managed these incidents as best it could, and I know for a fact that the reception staff were briefed to call the police if the behaviour should deteriorate further. I sympathise totally with the staff in these circumstances, but I hope that the hotel will think twice about accepting a booking from this company again, lucrative though it may be.
Despite the above, we all had an excellent holiday and would return to the Lordos Beach again without hesitation. (and hopefully without Norwegian oil-men!).

Room Tip: The side-sea-view rooms are perfectly good - no need to pay for a full sea-view room. The odd-number...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed there for a few dayes in March including my birthday. On the day of my birthday a decorated birthday cake was waiting for me at my room. Even with a candle. This nice surprise made me feel very welcome. The hotel is right on the beach and should be very suitable for families with children.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lordos Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!