“Great family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
London
“Great family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited this hotel in December with my children and although we had a good time, it would have been amazing at a warmer time of year, because the outdoor swimming pool / play area is brilliant for kids and there is also a heated indoor pool / jacuzzi for cold rainy days. The gym is a bit rubbish though.
Service is generally good. Restaurants are fine, nothing special. Nearby the hotel are a couple of nice local restaurants. Hotel will also arrange hire car which can be returned to the airport, saving a taxi ride.
I had to pay for internet which always annoys me.
Larnaca is a 20 min bus ride.
There is a ten-pin-bowling place a short walk from the hotel.
I'm not sure I would rate it as highly if I didn't have kids. Its not really sophisticated, but its clean, great rooms.

Room Tip: Suite rooms also have exclusive access to a hot tub jacuzzi all year round foc. - a real nice touch.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Lordos Beach Hotel with our 6 years old daughter. First room was quite small and unfortunately with a "surprise"- we found dead cockroach in the bathroom. After this accident hotel management provided nice room on 3rd floor. Big thank you to the reception staff who was dealing with that problem. Next room was clean and big enough for us.
Indoor pool was small and not suitable for small children. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
Overall not a bad hotel. Great location right on the beach. Lots of fun for kids during the summer period I believe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cyprus is a Nice destination for relaxation with children. Larnaca is nice but this Hotel is far from the center of Larnaca, but well connected with public transport taxes are not too expensive during the night. Food is great and the people are warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Nice Hotel with pools and sandy beach rooms with balconies facing the sea or the pools.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at The Lordos many times since 2004. Our last visit was last August. The Hotel has generally changed very little since we started going other than rooms being decorated, upgraded with better TVs, new flooring etc. Lots of pools and lots of sun beds. Decent watersports on the beach with very friendly and helpful staff. The area surrounding the hotel has some bars and restaurants for eating and drinking in the evening but for a wider choice you need to walk further along or head in to Larnaca. The hotel is a 15-20 minute taxi drive from the airport.

Room Tip: If you want more space and have a couple of kids book one of the larger family suites with their own...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have stayed at the Lordos Beach twice in the last 2 years. The Hotel is about 25 years old and is typical of that era, fairly small rooms but modern enough to warrant a 4 star rating. The Hotel location is about 7miles from the main part of Larnaca, there are a selection of decent restaurants and bars within walking distance of Hotel. Hotel facilities are pretty good and pool area is nice sitting next too beach where further sunbeds are availiable. Beach is average in my opinion and in high sea season you have to fight the Russians for sunbed space whom seem to be given extra preference by Hotel in my opinion. That said if you get a nice plot on the beach then all is good. Have eaten at the hotel pool bar a few times where both service & food are good, but maybe a little pricey? Best time to stay here is May/June and October where prices are very reasonable and Hotel is less crowed. All in all this Hotel is above average and if the price is right then it will make an affordable and pleasant vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for West Facing Larnaca Room for afternoon sunshine.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cyprus / London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights at the start of January 2013, the hotel is in a great location right on the beach along with small local supermarkets and various bars and restaurants across the road.

The room I was in, was nice and spacious and had a very comfortable bed, though I little tired, and in need of a make over, starting with the old fashioned TV set. The view from my balcony was good, though I was originally advised it would have a sea view, but if I hanged over the side of the balcony I could see the sea.

The hotel was very quiet and had only a handful of (mainly russian) guests staying there, but understandable during January. Normally during the summer period it's normally heaving with tourists.

The breakfast wasn't that great even though I'm of Cypriot origin so local food is ok with me, but the breakfast just wasn't up to the standards of a 4* hotel, tasteless and bland, the pastries would of been ok but they kept them in the hot plates which made them stail and extremely tough to eat. Thank god for their cereals, oh and their coffee machine produced fantastic tasting latte coffee. As it happened I kept choosing the same table facing out towards the sea for breakfast and on my 2nd morning there, I noticed a small 'ant' on my table, and to save it from climbing into my cereal bowl I decided to squash it, I must say I squashed it on the paper napkin by my cutlery, and didn't think of anything further, the next morning I again sat on the same table, and to my astonishment the same ant I squashed the morning before was still there on the paper napkin, I wouldn't mind, but the ant was black (RIP) and the napkin was white! This made me extremely curious to see if it would still be there the next day, and guess what, it was.....lol, on this occasion though, I did accidentally drip a bit of coffee onto the napkin, but that following morning I again picked the same table and did notice the paper napkin had been changed, though I am still wondering IF I didn't drip coffee onto it, would the lifeless ant god rest its sole still be there!

Neverthless due to it being low session, staff was very limited and on the odd occasion hard to find, as I experienced one night when I got back in and realised I left my key in the room from leaving in the morning, and had to hang around reception for around 5-6 minutes until someone turned up to give me another key.

Overall though, it was ok for what I needed the hotel for and would most probably stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
vilnius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for 7 days for New year (Dec 28-Jan 4). Not too crowded but not empty, nice staff, good location (better if you rent a car for travelling in Cyprus, as hotel is about 7 miles from Larnaka in the villgae, so not much to do around). The best of this stay - very professional massage by Yanis (if you want something strong and helping with your back or shoulders problems). Also, I'd resommned London Pub acroos the road - very nice and helpfull owner, worth chating with - alot of inside information on Cyprus

Room Tip: Pick a romm closer to the sea - less noise from the road (but almos all are OK)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lordos Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!