“Wonderful holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 42 hotels in Larnaka
Valletta, Malta
“Wonderful holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cyprus is a Nice destination for relaxation with children. Larnaca is nice but this Hotel is far from the center of Larnaca, but well connected with public transport taxes are not too expensive during the night. Food is great and the people are warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Nice Hotel with pools and sandy beach rooms with balconies facing the sea or the pools.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at The Lordos many times since 2004. Our last visit was last August. The Hotel has generally changed very little since we started going other than rooms being decorated, upgraded with better TVs, new flooring etc. Lots of pools and lots of sun beds. Decent watersports on the beach with very friendly and helpful staff. The area surrounding the hotel has some bars and restaurants for eating and drinking in the evening but for a wider choice you need to walk further along or head in to Larnaca. The hotel is a 15-20 minute taxi drive from the airport.

Room Tip: If you want more space and have a couple of kids book one of the larger family suites with their own...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have stayed at the Lordos Beach twice in the last 2 years. The Hotel is about 25 years old and is typical of that era, fairly small rooms but modern enough to warrant a 4 star rating. The Hotel location is about 7miles from the main part of Larnaca, there are a selection of decent restaurants and bars within walking distance of Hotel. Hotel facilities are pretty good and pool area is nice sitting next too beach where further sunbeds are availiable. Beach is average in my opinion and in high sea season you have to fight the Russians for sunbed space whom seem to be given extra preference by Hotel in my opinion. That said if you get a nice plot on the beach then all is good. Have eaten at the hotel pool bar a few times where both service & food are good, but maybe a little pricey? Best time to stay here is May/June and October where prices are very reasonable and Hotel is less crowed. All in all this Hotel is above average and if the price is right then it will make an affordable and pleasant vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for West Facing Larnaca Room for afternoon sunshine.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cyprus / London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights at the start of January 2013, the hotel is in a great location right on the beach along with small local supermarkets and various bars and restaurants across the road.

The room I was in, was nice and spacious and had a very comfortable bed, though I little tired, and in need of a make over, starting with the old fashioned TV set. The view from my balcony was good, though I was originally advised it would have a sea view, but if I hanged over the side of the balcony I could see the sea.

The hotel was very quiet and had only a handful of (mainly russian) guests staying there, but understandable during January. Normally during the summer period it's normally heaving with tourists.

The breakfast wasn't that great even though I'm of Cypriot origin so local food is ok with me, but the breakfast just wasn't up to the standards of a 4* hotel, tasteless and bland, the pastries would of been ok but they kept them in the hot plates which made them stail and extremely tough to eat. Thank god for their cereals, oh and their coffee machine produced fantastic tasting latte coffee. As it happened I kept choosing the same table facing out towards the sea for breakfast and on my 2nd morning there, I noticed a small 'ant' on my table, and to save it from climbing into my cereal bowl I decided to squash it, I must say I squashed it on the paper napkin by my cutlery, and didn't think of anything further, the next morning I again sat on the same table, and to my astonishment the same ant I squashed the morning before was still there on the paper napkin, I wouldn't mind, but the ant was black (RIP) and the napkin was white! This made me extremely curious to see if it would still be there the next day, and guess what, it was.....lol, on this occasion though, I did accidentally drip a bit of coffee onto the napkin, but that following morning I again picked the same table and did notice the paper napkin had been changed, though I am still wondering IF I didn't drip coffee onto it, would the lifeless ant god rest its sole still be there!

Neverthless due to it being low session, staff was very limited and on the odd occasion hard to find, as I experienced one night when I got back in and realised I left my key in the room from leaving in the morning, and had to hang around reception for around 5-6 minutes until someone turned up to give me another key.

Overall though, it was ok for what I needed the hotel for and would most probably stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
vilnius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for 7 days for New year (Dec 28-Jan 4). Not too crowded but not empty, nice staff, good location (better if you rent a car for travelling in Cyprus, as hotel is about 7 miles from Larnaka in the villgae, so not much to do around). The best of this stay - very professional massage by Yanis (if you want something strong and helping with your back or shoulders problems). Also, I'd resommned London Pub acroos the road - very nice and helpfull owner, worth chating with - alot of inside information on Cyprus

Room Tip: Pick a romm closer to the sea - less noise from the road (but almos all are OK)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel staff is very helpful. They helped us in every way possible, even by recommending where to go and what to do. The room is clean and tidy, but it lacks a small electric teapot and tea costs about 3 euros - Bring your own teapot! Also, the wireless costs 6 euro and it is only for *one* device, for 24 hours. What a ripoff. The hotel has a swimming pool, closed and open. We did not have a chance to use it. Besides that, everything is good. It is possible to do a late check-out at this hotel for additional fee, which looks like a good deal, especially if you are visiting it in the summer. We did not use it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were in winter time, from december 29 to January 2..
Nice hotel,nice staff, but I don't like the cats which were staying everywhere on the chairs on the terrace of the restaurant, near the swimming pool,...there was a ''cat'' smell everywhere,unfortunately! I like animals,but not like this! Sorry!
If you go for a family holiday,with kids,in summertime,it might be ok..as I told nice ,clean room, nice staff,good food-but nothing special, BUT DO NOT GO in winter..the hotel is 10km from the centre, too faarr away from the life in the city..
If out of season, you have nothing to do!
The buses are not expensive,1 euro/person/route,but they come rarely,not respecting the schedule..the taxis are expensive - 15 euro/route..We used to leave the hotel in the morning and come in the evening!
We used intercity buses for going to Limassol,Lefkosia,Agia Napa..5 euros both ways/person..which was perfect!we visited the towns near Larnaca in this way..
We had HB, but do not reccomend,if out of season..better to try the tavernas around!
The beds,in matrimonial room, were in fact, two beds close to each other,not comfortable at all..

Room Tip: Pay attention at the fact that they organise weddings, parties..it might be some rumour for those st...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lordos Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!