“WE HAD AN AMAZING HOLIDAY AND WEDDING AT THIS HOTEL!!! WE'LL BE BACK!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Bay Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Golden Bay Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Bay Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dhekelia Road | PO Box 40741, Larnaka 6306, Cyprus (Formerly Golden Tulip)   |
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
ISLE OF WIGHT
“WE HAD AN AMAZING HOLIDAY AND WEDDING AT THIS HOTEL!!! WE'LL BE BACK!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at the Golden Bay in May and had a wonderful holiday. Our friends and family also enjoyed the Golden Bay very much. We had our Wedding on May 12 at this Hotel and it was fantastic.. The staff here can not do enough for you, they are so helpful. Anthos who organised the Wedding is fantastic, he made sure everything ran smoothly and was always available. The food at the Hotel is very nice but the wedding food was amazing!!! All the staff are very good at what they do, especially Anthos & Andriani, the two Kyriacos and Bambos etc. They made our stay much more enjoyable. We would definitely recommend having a wedding at this Hotel as they are very organised and the chapel is beautiful. The pool bar is lovely and the lunch and breakfast is very good as well as the evening restaurant. Greek night is a must!! We were upgraded to a mini suite which was lovely, the views are fabulous. The Hotel is very clean and tidy. We highly recommend the Golden Bay and we very much look forward to returning next May for our wedding anniversary. Thank you all at the Golden Bay for making our stay very special. See you next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and clean but Mini suites are special!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Gmeserlian, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments!
We are delighted that you chose the Golden Bay Hotel for your wedding and that you enjoyed your stay here with us last year!
We expect nothing more than for our guests to feel relaxed and comfortable during their stay, enjoying every luxury our hotel has to offer. As weddings play a large role in our hotel business, we aim to meet and exceed all expectations and requirements, catering for small intimate weddings as well as larger local ones with up to 5000 guests. We pay attention to every detail to ensure that both the wedding couple and all their guests enjoy a special and memorable day together.
We would be so pleased to welcome you both back again in May!
Kind regards, Nicole Solomon Guests Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I recently stayed at the Golden Bay Beach Hotel and can agree with most of the reviews here, in that it is a very nice hotel, but it is not a 5 star hotel.

The lobby is clean, bright and useful. The staff were attentive and very helpful as well. The mezzanine level, however, is very worn. I realize this hotel does a lot of convention business but the carpet in that area is a little gross. The elevators are tiny but there is little one can do about that. I had two suitcases and found that only me, my luggage and one other person could fit in one. The hallways are warm and seemingly not air-conditioned, which is not a problem for me since that tends to acclimatize you before you step out into the humid Cyprus air. My room, although good, would never receive a 5 star rating. I am generally a budget traveller who occasionally stays at higher end hotels as a treat. I was travelling on business this time around and would have been very disappointed with this hotel room had I been paying the bill. The room itself was adequate although small for the price (over 230 Euros). The bed was big, comfortable and I slept like a log. The view of the ocean and grounds from the fourth floor, spectacular. The iron shaped burn in the carpet no so much. There is coffee available in the room as well as a mini bar and LCD TV with a lot of English channels. There is a safe in the closet along with a bathrobe and slippers that were made for a Lilliputian, bring your own. The balcony was large enough to be useful and had a small table and two chairs. I watched a purple sunrise from there and fell in love with that space.

Then there is the bathroom. Maybe it’s just my age at this point but I do like a functional bathroom. This one was in bad repair and is in desperate need of renovation. It had one of those aluminium slat ceilings, you know the ones, those that are designed to hide something above them. No, I didn’t look. There is no fan in the bathroom so a shower raises the humidity enormously throughout the entire room. The stoppers in both the bathtub and sink are detached from their original connections so must be raised or lowered with you finger nails. The shower nozzle should have been retired 20 years ago. It let out a stingy pins and needles spray that squirted out the sides of the worn shower head, and unknown to me with shampoo in my eyes, past the shower curtain and nearly flooded me out of the room. These sort of items are not expensive and, considering the price of the room, should be replaced. Add to that, the lack of lighting and this room, in this hotel, took it’s 5 star rating and, in my opinion, lowered it at least 2 stars.

The other major failing of this hotel is no free wi-fi in the rooms. At these prices it should be. I hate it when a hotel nickel and dimes their customers. So if you don' want to spend another 10 euro then head to the lobby, very inconvenient. I've stayed in 2 star dumps that offer free wi-fi.

On the other hand, the breakfast buffet in the Yatch Club in the morning was excellent. The selection was good, the outdoor seating over looking the pool and the ocean a few meters beyond was nearly perfect. I say nearly because getting a cup of coffee was a little tough to do, and then getting some cream to put in it was another chore. Still, the environment and the quality and quantity of selection was outstanding.

The private beach is very good, not as clean and groomed as a Cuban or Mexican beach, but still the water and privacy was wonderful. The ability lock up your umbrella stand and lounge is quite a bonus too. The pools are beautiful and look to be well maintained as well. I won’t comment further there since I am an ocean man. I would make one very strong suggestion to the hotel’s management though: the area that is buoyed off for swimming must, and I say must be only for swimmers. Several time the dimwits on the Seadoos or whatever, sped through the swimming area. I tend to float quietly around in the ocean and really don’ t want some twit running a 500 pound machine over my ample belly.

Generally this hotel is a good one, if a little overpriced. It does not deserve a 5 star rating though, I have stayed in much better hotels in many different parts of the world that work harder to earn those stars. The potential is there, the money has to be spent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Good,new rooms. Great restaurant. very nice place for honeymoon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Gmeserlian, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for adding your comments regarding your visit and we look forward welcoming you again soon.!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Very good Hotel., Reception staff prompt and helpful., Gym fully equipped., Private beach access very good for events and or bathing with umbrellas, elevators are problematic with key card as it need to read a few times or malfunctions.,indoor pool was freezing, should be 25 to 27 deg at least., room sexcellent and renovated. breakfast vbery good except for the cofee didnt taste good., NEW BRAND OF COFFEE REQUIRED OR NEW MACHINES, MUST BE CHECKED.THE PILLOWS IN ROOMS ARE VERY VERY HARD AS WELL, SHOULD REPLACE PILLOWS WITH SOFTER ONES OR GIVE EXTRA SOFTER ONES.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Gmeserlian, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback!
We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed our intimate beach and its beautiful surroundings! Our indoor swimming pool is only heated during the winter season depending on the first month of summer heat. This year, summer has reached Cyprus since the end of May and we have since then used our indoor pool as an additional pool with cooling waters. Our rooms are of high standards with the latest renovations, and they are all aimed for offering the comfort needed by our guests. Any special requirements of our guests is our goal to fulfill, that being softer pillows, extra blankets, more tea and coffee facilities..

Our employees are present to ensure that all expectations and requirements are met and exceeded, and we hope of a future visit to appreciate the Golden Bay Beach Hotel to its fullest.

Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have stayed in a junior suite with my family for 2 days.As I have stayed few months ago in Sandy Beach Hotel and I am not satisfied so this time I choose the only 5 star hotel in Larnaca.
Location: It is about 7 km far from the city but it is OK.All the good hotels are located near together in this area.There are some small shops & restaurants & bars just in front of Hotel.
Reception: They are helpful and welcoming.
Junior Suite: It is really fantastic room with semi private balcony which directly connected to the common terrace of all suites.Although it is located in first floor but this area has really great view to the sea with some coaches and a jacuzzi.We have spent one full afternoon in this area with our neighbors.Also there is enough space in the room for an extra bed.
Breakfast: I am not satisfied and I believe it can be better in 5 star hotel.But the breakfast area is really nice with direct view to the pool area & sea.
Restaurants: Every night there is a entertainment plan and we have attend to the Cyprus Night with traditional dance which it is really cool!
Food is OK, but again like breakfast, it can be better.
Pool & Sea:There is a big pool with nice area which directly connected to the beach.
At the end I believe it is good place for stay in Larnaca and next time again I will choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Junior Suite are the best.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Gmeserlian, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Dear guest,

We are delighted to see that you and your family have enjoyed your visit at the Golden Bay, and we thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Our newly renovated Mini Suites have been designed to offer the comfort and luxury needed by all the family members, with the room being spacious and modernized, catering for countless facilities and amenities including the terrace with the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean sea equipped with a Jacuzzi.

Cyprus Night is the night our guests enjoy the most, and we are happy you and your family have participated! Our weekly entertainment program is aimed to offer alternatives to satisfy all tastes, including the Jazz night, live piano & saxophone, live piano & violin, guitar, live fire show and belly dancing show and many other themed nights!
We hope to have your company again soon and your participation in the Cyprus night you have enjoyed so much!

Karlsruhe, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

It is not really a bad hotel, but it not up to the standards of five stars. Everything looks a bit run down.

The service is not up to five star level either. I sent them three emails, two regarding my reservation, and one asking them to print something fo me. None of these emails was ever answered. When I enquired about the printing at the reception, they just told me that there is a printer available somewhere in the hotel without pointing out where it is or being in other ways helpful. I had seveal experiences like that during my stay. They just provide the necessary service, not more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Gmeserlian, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we would like to assure you that your feedback is accounted for.

The hotel has undergone several renovations since the first year of operation in 1983, including extensive renovations during the last few years with the most recent alterations just a few months ago. We attend to our emails daily and no ones are left unanswered for more than a few days. Perhaps your emails were reached in the spam (although we do check there regularly also), but we nevertheless apologize for the inconvenience.
Indeed there is an executive business center on the 1st floor above reception, fully equipped for small business meetings including printing and scanning facilities, chargeable depending on the hours of usage. We are sorry in case of miss-communication with the front desk, but we take pride in the comments we receive of our receptionists being helpful and polite at all times.

We would be delighted to welcome you again in the future, where our goal is to meet and exceed guest expectations!

Samara, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Everyday I had kept life is busy,during my holiday in Golden Bay Beach Hotel in Larnaca,Cyprus. The Hotel has got perfect Leasure Club, the staff are friendly with a lot of activities. It has got an excellent gym, billard room, sauna, jacuzzi. I was swimming in the sea, was playing beach voleyball, was playing tennis table. Also I can quite often go canoeing. It was so excited it.
Everyday I had got fun with a lot of activities!!!!!

Been to Golden Bay Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!