“You get what you pay for !” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunflower Hotel Apartments

Sunflower Hotel Apartments
You added Sunflower Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Sunflower Hotel Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   69, Makarios Ave | P.O. Box 40164, Larnaka 6301, Cyprus   |
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Larnaka
London, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed just 1 night before early flight. Hotel is ok for money but fairly old & rundown. The traffic noise is very bad & air con in the bed room did not work. The pool area was ok but seen better times. It was only 5-7min walk to promenade & opposite airport bus stop so some good points.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We left London for Larnaca via Munich on a Saturday evening and had to wait ninety minutes to take off. This resulted in us arriving at the hotel at 04.30 tired and exhausted, and thanks to Lufthansa without any luggage. We were met in reception by a creepy looking receptionist who, after taking our passports escorted us to the fourth floor where our apartment was waiting. We arrived and he struggled for 4 minutes fighting to get the door to unlock. Eventually we entered and we were able to gleam that the glossy vistas we saw on the internet were not quite what we were now witness to. Tired, we decided to get some sleep and to assess what we had let ourselves in for at the break of the next day. The bright sunshine of the next morning did nothing more than further enhance our appointment. The kitchen had a dirty looking sink, a toaster which we later discovered did not work, and a kettle and single hotplate. This proved to be great for toasting pitta bread. Cupboards were falling apart and the shower left a great deal to be desired. We also had issues with having to put used toilet paper into the bin provided and not in the toilet, a fact I regularly managed to conveniently forget.
In the light of day the reception turned out to be quite bearable and the wi-fi was fast, so we were able to broadcast our appointment via Skype to our friends and family.There were regular shift changes and one of the ladies proved to be quite helpful when she learned of our mishap with the luggage- which was delivered eventually at 04.00 in the morning of Monday.
We decided to have breakfast in the hotel on the second day, the choice displayed being continental for 3.5 euros and full English for five. We opted for the full english but were told that there was only continental available, which was accompanied by a discussion about how we were going to pay for breakfast as our board was "room only". We settled in cash to avoid further non understanding as the old "waiter" was struggling with his limited command of English. Having received our swimwear we were able to savour the delights of the pool. We were able to sit for most of the day without any disturbance by any of the guests.There was not a beach towel in sight. After some hours in the hot sun I thought i'd try my luck in the bar attached to the restaurant. I found my waiter friend in the kitchen with a shank of lamb hanging out of his mouth. I had obviously uninterrupted his lunch. I ordered 2 cold drinks but unfortunately the bar was not available. I don't recall it being available for the duration of the stay. Ever resourceful, I went to the supermarket next door and managed to lay my hands some cold beers. The hotel is a mile from the beachfront of Larnaca which was very pleasant and modern. We checked out at 11 o'clock on the Saturday morning and managed to arrange fot the hotel to keep our luggage whilst we spent the last day on the beach. They had arranged for a taxi to transfer us to the airport for 15 euros at 11 pm. The early evening shift changed and Mr.Creepy was back. We said our goodbyes when the taxi arrived and just as we were about to depart he came running out demanding the key. I tried to explain that the reason why it was not in it's pigeonhole was because I had told the morning receptionist that the process of unlocking the room door was often in excess of 4 minutes. She had therefore sent it for repair. However the weird one was almost insistent that I produce a key for room 408. I showed him my anger and departed in the taxi with him running round on circles, very confused.
On our travels near the beachfront we came across a restaurant run by Peter from Cockfosters. He had returned to Cyprus some years ago and was now the owner of what proved to be an Oasis. If you like eating local Cypress food, this place is the best. At SANTA FE Restaurant they have different choices every day, and you can eat as much as you want for 8 Euros only. The food was excellent and I would recommend you visit.at least once.
As for the hotel, don't even go there. Its the pits. I would also give Lufthansa a miss.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel nearer the beachfront will certainly be better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Looked ok from the pictures. When we arrived I requested a non smoking room. We were given a smoking room, it was dirty, the furniture out dated. The carpet was the worst thing ever...filthy. The place seriously needs updating and cleaning. The pictures are VERY DECEIVING! The rooms are dark. No lighting in the corridors leading to the rooms. Unable to sleep due to extremely loud music from neighbouring pubs 8pm-5am. CHECK IT OUT BEFORE U BOOK!

Room Tip: Do not recommend!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have been in Sunflower Hotel, Larnaca in July 2011. I was there for a business trip. The hotel is an old one. The staffs are friendly. The room is a bit dirty. The most disgussting happening was that when I was trying to sleep, and while the airconditioning system was working, a cockroch dropped down out of the airconditioning system. I do not recomend this hotel. Rooms are small and halls are dark and warm.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sunflower Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!