“Impeccable Service, Excellent location - Good Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of psarolimano fish tavern

psarolimano fish tavern
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,940 helpful votes 1,940 helpful votes
“Impeccable Service, Excellent location - Good Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Psarolimano is an old and very well known Fish Restaurant in Larnaca. I have dined several times here with my family in Cyprus and friends, and recently on my last trip to the island I dined with my sister a few days before flying back to Greece.

Location: It is located by the Makenzy area, just opposite the small harbour with the fishing boats. The boats in the little harbour beautify the area and on warm days when the weather is nice, customers are served outside very close to the coast. I remember once years back when we came here with friends and dined under a full moon… It was simply stunning!

Food: Fresh fish from the little harbour directly to the pan!

I preferred to have a variation of different fish dishes that night so we asked for the Fish Meze. I was curious at the same time to see what the meze includes.
You see, several of the meze dishes are served as main courses, so this is a clever way to check what the cuisine offers so the next time you are there you can order a dish that you really liked, as your main course.

It was Tuesday when we went and we had a nice surprise. I had no idea that on Tuesdays and Thursdays the restaurant offers for free an amazing fish soup, so we were asked if we wanted it before or after our meze. –What a nice gesture indeed!!
I had mine as a starter and I can tell that it was rich and delicious and I really enjoyed it. If I were to have this same soup elsewhere it might have cost me at least 7 euros!

Fish Meze: Well we had meze for two and the small dishes kept coming and coming. Everything was fresh and cooked that moment. I only asked to have our grilled fish served to us from the very beginning because between us, restaurants always bring the very best towards the end. By that time you are already full with everything else and there is no space for more -not even for the grilled fish, so you cannot enjoy it that much. Be sure to do the same.
Fish Meze for two costs 20 euros per person, but you cannot have it if you are on your own.

Of course there are several other cheaper alternatives, one of which is the Fish Platter for 2 which costs 15 euros and contains 10 prawns, 6 mussels, 4 fish croquettes, some squid and octopus. (You can ask for this if you are on your own) **Of course seafood is frozen.
If you are 4 the platter costs 20 euros only.

Randomly I give a few examples of a couple of other interesting dishes. For example the village salad for 2 is at 7, Red Mullet 15, Grilled Salmon 14, Fisherman’s Kebab (grilled swordfish-salmon-prawns + vegetables) cost 15 euros.

Of course customers can ask for Μeat dishes as well.
Pork chops cost 10, Lamb chops 12, and Lamb Kebab 13euros.
All fried dishes are cooked in sunflower oil.

Drinks & Beverage: Big Carlsberg beer -3.60, small is at 2.60.
Soft drinks are at 2, and mineral water is charged at 1.80.
The wine list is long and indeed interesting and it includes some of the most popular Cypriot wines and a few Greek. I happen to know several since I have already visited their wineries around Cyprus.
Prices vary on the wine list with the cheapest wine at 12 euros a bottle, and 28 the most expensive one. (Vat and taxes included)

Dessert is also included in the meze so we had some loukoumades (Cypriot muffins in syrup) which were delicious, but I tried also another homemade desert which was just as good. Both were amazing.

Everything we had was nice and we had a good time. In fact it was Too Much… and regretfully I noticed that we had no alternative but leave half of it behind.

I can highly recommend it not only to couples but families with children as well. The Restaurant is huge, bright and cosy with much space between the tables. The people who run the business are relatives and they do their best to meet the needs of the most demanding guest.
Service is impeccable and you get what you ordered surprisingly fast. Even a vegetarian can find something nice out here and finally I am glad that it still keeps its popularity and good standards.

Keep the good work up guys and thank you for making us feel welcome.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“best lamb kebabs (for a fish restaurant!!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food here is great - the menu has plenty of choice, and is reasonably priced - the staff are happy to tweak the menu to suit you - if you are in Cyprus for two weeks it's a great place to go to get some variety in your menu! The fish is lovely - but i liked it for their lamb - beautifully cooked and moist - friendly service - not intrusive. Relaxed atmosphere every time we have been (and on our trip we ended up here lots)

As an aside the restaurant also has the cleanest most hygenic loos on the whole of Mackenzy!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Psarolimano - Glory days gone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went to this restaurant September based on what it used to be like. We ordered fish meze for three and two meat dishes. Service was lack lustre, and somehow when the food was ordered one of the meat dishes was forgotten about so that when the food was served one of the people just sat there waiting. When queried was told "it's on the way" only whent the manager came over, that the error was discovered. The fish meze was fine, but the rest of it very disappointing, under seasoned and hence bland. People were smoking cigars on nearby table even though there were no smoking signs and the staff just allowed it. This is more the cypriot mentality than this restaurant. Living off it's past glory and it's location.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Larnaka, Cyprus
“good place for fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

every summer i go there to have fresh fish,off course depends what the boats will bring.prices are not bad ,service is not that brilliant as few years ago

Visited August 2012
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Try the meze!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Lotw of locals choose it for fish meze, which is a large variety of seafood, like maybe 18 different plates! You order for as many people as there are in your party and the food just keeps coming. Lots of fried seafood, so if you're watching your calories, let them know so they will bring you only the grilled stuff. It's not half bad, either. I always enjoy going there.