“Undoubtly the best fish tavern in Zygi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Limassol, Cyprus
“Undoubtly the best fish tavern in Zygi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This fish tavern may not be right on the beach front, it may not have fancy waitresses and fantastic decorations, but for sure it has the best fish in the area.

The reason is simple: it is run by a family and almost all of the people working there are the members of the family! they serve only fresh fish and if there is no fresh fish they say to you so!!!

All the food is homemade and they use vegetables and fruit grown in their own fields.

Ideally, you should sit outside to enjoy your meal as you get the feeling of being on a island.

Dining there I do not expect the huge variety or the 5 star service but a genuine service and locally made meals using fresh ingredients and fresh fish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Larnaka, Cyprus
“Lovely setting and service, and can't beat the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a meal down at Santa Elena Fish Restaurant in Zygi last week. It was on the evening of the Zygi Festival, and there was music and dancing on the Marina. Santa Elena's is on a cobbled pedestrian street just off the Marina, in a charming old stone building across from the church. We could hear the music from the harbour, but it was atmospheric, not overwhelming.
There is a special on this summer (2013) where most meals are 10 E even, including a nice salad and chips. Given the very reasonable price of drinks as well, this makes for an excellent value in a delightful setting.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Acceptable prices but poor food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a family day out in Zygi today and we decided to eat in Santa Elena. The table clothes were full of burnt holes but I did not complain. I ordered a glass of red wine and they told me that they have red wine in small bottles so I went for it. They brought a small bottle of rose instead. I sent it back. The waiter brought an other table`s food as well. We ordered a pork chop what`s half was raw. We ordered mussels too and that was nasty. During chewing I found small shell bits then I found a 1 cm long shell as well. I stopped eating the mussels. However the calamari was too salty I liked it. The salad was delicious. After lunch I mentioned the problems to the waiter. His answer was:"The pork chop was raw because we did not want to burn it. The mussels.. well it happens." There was no apology at all. They solved the problem with letting go 2 soft drinks from our final price. Well I wish they would care more!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Limoges, France
“Excellent fish ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Cyprus. The first time just two of us when we had the fish meze which seemed to go on forever and was well cooked, especially the sea bream. Our second visit was with friends when we had starters and a sea bass between us which was excellent. The only reason I have not given it a five rating is because one of our party ordered fish soup as a starter which, even after a reminder, did not arrive until the main course had appeared. Otherwise, topnotch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nicosia, Cyprus
“TASTY FRESH FISH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

In the heart of Zygi, in the yard or the village's church is Santa Elena Fish Restaurant.
We had lunch several times, especially on Sundays, as is 40 minutes from Nicosia.
No view of the sea from the tavern, but the atmoshere is traditional and homely and always found the fish fresh and tasty, the service quick and the prises better than other Fish Taverns, so we keep going. I recommend it, and be sure, you will not be dissapointed!

• Visited March 2013