“Worst food on the island” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #173 of 203 restaurants in Larnaka
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
“Worst food on the island”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I am not usually one for negative reviews; I'm more likely to want to share a great find than a disappointment. However, I feel compelled to share my experience at Sakura as a public service. The food at this establishment is absolutely, undeniably, utterly, dreadful. And to add insult to the injury, it is extremely expensive. Very friendly staff make me feel slightly bad about this review, but I can't, in good conscience, not share it. Whether it is because it's off season, or just an off night, there is no good excuse for food that bad. When in Cyprus, eat Cypriot food; it's some of the best in the world.

50% Recommend
Linwood, New Jersey
“Convenient. Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Located just next to the Golden Bay Beach Hotel, I tried eating here as an alternative to the hotel restaurants. I was impressed. As soon as I sat down that waiter asked me if I would like to take advantage of their free wi-fi, a nice touch.

The restaurant was well decorated and was visually appealing. Although the prices were fairly steep for the food (about 30 euro a head), it was excellent. Honestly, the sushi was just as good as some of the ones I have had in the states. Overall a great eat.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We belong to a charity that brings kids here every year, and we always ensure a visit to this place, they will cater for all needs and are great with kids, All my four have had parties here, and the staff go out there way to please
Entertainment produced by the chefs is great, better still when they mess it up, their magic tricks are awful, which have the kids laughing their heads off
Overall a great night out, better than the Nippon

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“So so food but nice decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Location - opposite Golden Bay Beach Hotel on a stretch of road with several other restaurants and supermarkets. Easy access for guests at these 3 hotels - Golden Bay Beach, Sandy Beach and Lordos Beach Hotels.

Service - good service overall. Staff are friendly and are able to make recommendations.

Ambiance - very well decorated and fitted with teppanyaki counter etc.

Food - very wide selection available from the menu but the food tends to be too salty. The soup was so salty we couldn't drink it. On my second visit, the chicken dish I ordered was also too salty for me to really enjoy it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere