“One of the most professional Dive centres in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Activities in Larnaka
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Based opposite the wreck of the Zenobia in Cyprus we offer you a full range of both Recreational and Technical diving and courses. We run a full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Dives, Open Water, Advanced Open Water through to Instructor courses. With our own TDI and Tec Rec Instructor Trainer on site and a support team of experienced Instructors and guides, you will get custom built courses and dives to suit your needs.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Darwin, Australia
“One of the most professional Dive centres in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

There is a reason these guys get most of their business from return customers rather than walk in’s. The level of professionalism combined with the quality of instruction (especially Tech Diving and Wreck Penetration) and the amazing wreck of the Zenobia right on their door step, make Dive-In Larnaca one of the best dive centres in the world without question. I am one of those return customers and I can’t wait to get back there. I can’t recommend these guys high enough. I am a Tech Diving convert thanks to Dive-In Larnaca and they have opened up a whole new underwater world for me. I trust them with my life and would rather dive with this crew than anyone else. If you want to dive with the best.... this is the place for you!

Visited April 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
“Nice scuba shop close to the wreck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I did the intro scuba course with Dive-In. I am certified, but has been a few years, since my last dive. The people at Dive-In are quite helpful, and overly accommodating. My only issue, was with the dive instructor, who was a bit anal about the exercises. After 3 exercises on each of the skills, she became cold and tired, and could not dive in the open water. Although health and safety come first, I think it was a bit overdone.

Visited April 2012
Maroni, Cyprus
9 attraction reviews
“safe, caring, exciting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My grandsons have been and continue to take their Padi course with Dive-in-Larnaca every summer since they were 8 and 11 years of age ie the last 9 years.
The staff there are so caring and kind and the boys have grown in experience and confidence under the auspices of the team at Dive-In, most especially Sheree, she is the essence of good sense and caring. They have simply loved every expedition that has led to the sum total of all they have learnt thus far. Thank you Dive-In from us all...and see you in august 2012.

Visited August 2011
U.K.
“Excellent Dive Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was looking to do a TDI Advanced Wreck course, and decided to do it on the Zenobia with Dive-In Larnaca, which I'm confident was the right choice for many reasons. The content of the course was really good, challenging but rewarding,and the instruction was excellent. The centre is well organised, and the wreck itself just a short RIB ride away. I finished off with a couple of fun dives on the Zenobia, which were fantastic.

Visited October 2011
Cambridge
3 attraction reviews
“Solo Diving needing a buddie for the Zenobia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hi been diving since 1987, and at the age when I have to do the normal family holiday to our normal haunt in Mackenzie Beach down town larnaca. The good thing is I still manage to hustle a day or two diving whilst the mrs enjoys the rays on the beach.

So having managed to book my sports eqpt through monarch (or any of the other cheap no frill airline rather than ticking the normal luggage requirement- only an extra £2 with monarch up to 32kg).

On arrival at the dive schools, I usually turn up with my with my BSAC blue book or my PADI qualification with all my kit just needing just weight and a tank, they can also supply a BCD if required.- can be a pain to get in your suitacase.

Anyway moving on the schools are all willing to take you subject t to having dived in the last siz months! Last year, I went with easy divers nice bunch and if you fancy taking someone for a tri dive then suggest you get a hire car and shuffle alog over to Potraeus and do it with them english speaking and althouhg it is expensive abour £50 per person the dive site is local and shallow and they have a few statues which make it interesting for the newbies to look at.

I had a young RAF lad interetsed in diving and we managed to get a later dive as I went along on the tri dive and of course wasnt free!!! and so for a bit extra and ata reduced rate we did a shallow swim through bit shallow 12m and about 20 mins long but a dive nevertheless and proabbly a good lead up to the zenobia - so any dive is a good dive in that respect.

Zenobia, dived it a few times can be lucky and manage to penetrate dependent on the group and the divemaster taking you and how coy he feels with your diving, last year managed to do the accommodation which was thoroughly enjoyabel and after 32 mins and coming out of the rec with plenty of air felt couldnt get any better so knocked it on the head. However, be warned may have to dive the zenobia 10 times before they let you see the goodies ie the best bits. That was with EASY DIVERS and was on a one to one with two instructors and a friend of the instructor so I got the VIP tour.

This year as one of the major factor of diving in Cyprus is the expenses - I understand they need their welfare and everyone needs to make a living, but having dived a few years ago not into puppy leading bit alas thats diving - so I feel am paying through the nose everytime I am left to the devices of dive schools. Anyway, not much I can do about that and just accept it, if you want the freedom then I suugest group diving in Eygpt or a liverboard, But not everyone can afford 4 holidays a year!

Anyway to the crux of the matter - cost - wanted two dives on the Zenobia cheapest possible - Hence, I shopped around no buddy so ringing around no issue with taking me diving; Cost with Dive In (which ideal if your into your deepies but I havenow moved into cave diving so been there done it and just like to dive no hassles), price with Dive in for two dives was 90 euro, which sorry but just two much plus get the impression they tend to dive from a rib but dont quote me on that and am not ex special forces anymore lol but now 50; with Easy Divers 125 euro, even worse but then you pay for them to come over to you and you take the big boat from the Marina, so went for a recce and noticed that alpha divers and viking divers have boatc in the small marina on mackenzie beach so phoned Viking Divers and for 70 euros, just within my budget. Didnt phoen alpha divers but see they have a good write up in Trip Advisor so do some horse trading and see if they will be flexible on price.

The two dives were excellent, be warned the Zenobia is about 42m to the bottom maybe 46 in some places, to the top about 24m so average dive is about 30 ish metres of which I did two and of course first was the deepest. I dived with three germans Bavarian Divers, who whatever you think of them they are no nonesense sound divers and a pleasurable experience as I had camera and apart form a couple of oks and seeing everyone was good on air, wasnt too concerned about keeping an eye on buddy as respect earned. The divemaster had an easy dive as well the only downside as we were new to him and of course he needed to observe, I would envisage a further day and a bit of arm twisting would get you to get inside the wreck and see the accommodation swim throughs.

One comment if your like me and love your wrecks and used to the south coast, their is no current or ripe tides to think about, it is a pleasant drop onto the wreck, current is unoticeable (can still blow (wind current) sometimes above which can affect a small current0 but if your thinking of techy diving and deep divingin good vis and on something worth exploring then I would look no further than the zenobia and in that respect Dive In is the place as the wreck is about a mile from their location, if your like me have the kit and not on a dive holiday but need to climb the mountain because its there! then look no further than Viking Divers for cost in Larnaca, if your over in Ayia Napa then Easy Divers for sewim throughs and tri dives.

Another small thing, the dive fraternity is trying to make Cyprus a bit more alike Malta and Gozo giving you a choice of dive sites, and there are a few more sites coming on offer, but looking at whats on offer if it wasnt for the zenobia then they would struggle. Water temp was about 20c in Oct and still warm and I dived in a shortie, have a belly and easy to get the zip up and of course design and weight allowance on the plane- hope you enjoy the review but as I go to larnaca with the wife and kids every year will be looking to see what else they have on offer next year.

Visited October 2011