“SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO BE!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 201 restaurants in Larnaka
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Restaurant , cafe , bar late hour in the summer club like loud music with lots of people
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO BE!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I Visit Larnaca for a Couple of weeks. I asked some of the locals where is the best place to go out and they suggested to me Makenzy Beach. The same afternoon I went there and I got attracted by AMMOS. We spent the rest of the afternoon drinking wonderful coctails!!!!! The music was wonderful and we all had a wonderful evening!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DanielNenovZahariev, Owner at Ammos Beach Bar, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
thank you for the good words, we really appreciate customers like you.we would like to meet with you. Next time you come to ammos ask for the manager, we want to learn from you and become better. thank you again.

82% Recommend
  • Greek first
Budapest, Hungary
“Amazing hospitality -- treated like part of the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I discovered this place by accident after a run along the Makenzy beach one afternoon. I pitched up in shorts, dusty running shoes and t-shirt, found myself a table, ordered a Frappe and sat there listening to one energetic DJ pushing out some very cool head-bopping, funky beats. Not bad at all for a Sunday afternoon! The place was quite busy, but before long one friendly lady come over and asked me if I was okay. "Fine!" I said, and expressed that this was one of the coolest places I've been to in Cyprus so far. I didn't realise it but she was one of the owners who promptly came back with an ice-cold beer on the house! Shortly after that one big and very busy looking chap came over, shook me by the hand and asked if everything was okay and if I needed anything to just shout. I discovered later that this was the other owner who was doing the rounds and taking care of the customers. Clearly the owners have a lot of love for what they do, and this is reflected in the their brilliant staff, drinks, food and atmosphere. This is modern day Cypriot hospitality at it's best. Highly recommended!

United Kingdom
“Terrible experience - treated like 2nd class citizen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ammos is one of those few places that makes the visitor wonder "wow, crisis, what crisis?" Still people show up in flash modes of transport, wearing flash clothes, bling and flashing the cash. Ammos has installed some flashy lighting and other features to portray itself as Monaco by the East Med. The prices are there to match, and far from being thin on custom, it is as busy as ever. Those who want to be seen, get seen there, out of anywhere in mackenzy or indeed most parts of Larnaca.

We have generally enjoyed going, mostly because of fairly decent music and nice cocktails.

What occured on Friday was really quite remarkable and a first for me in my 34 years I have to say.

Arriving at around 8pm, we chose (deliberately) a reasonable, appropriate sized table for the two of us and one that was clearly not reserved as others were. A couple of hours into the evening, and a few cocktails later, the place was very busy. It was then that two waiters approached, and one spoke to us to explain in very vague and unclear terms that the table was needed for others, that he thought we'd only be there for a couple of drinks and could we go to the table in the corner (not a good spot at all, it was by the glowering bit near the bar where waiters rush to and fro taking orders.)

In our confusion and in my polite naivity, I automatically assumed we ought to go so we agreed.

Taking our new seats, I then looked on as a group of trendy wannabees, one wearing dark sunglasses indoors when it was dark outside, sat down and were quickly feated by waiters armed with menus.

Either they wanted to fill the prime spot with diners who would be spending more than us, or they were part of a pretentious clique with connections. Or both. I.e. they were far more important than us two stragglers. I asked for the bill and only then did they belatedly decide to make amends...by way of a 10% discount. Nice.

The fact is, it is astonishing any business could think that was appropriate and acceptable, but moreso in an industry like this where goodwill is everything.

I wonder whether the emporer's new clothes will become disrobed once the crisis really bites, the hubris of the pretentious wanes and people with status suddenly find other things to do.

Needless to say, we will be voting with our feet. Let the market do its work, I guess. I noted with mild dismay how some of the waiting staff are quite dismissive and rude. Maybe I overlooked all this stuff in the past, due to the positive aspects to it all. Sometimes you need a jolt like this to wake up and see things as they are.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
PanonLarnaca, Owner at Ammos Beach Bar, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We want to apologise for the bad incident that happened to you. We want to make up for that, we are not a flashy place like you mention , i am the owner and i clean tables and sweep everyday. A rude waiter or host can always exist since a lot of people work there and not everybody is an angel, we do eliminate people like that, with our customer help.
Ammos is a place that takes care almost everybody that walks in, there are some rules at very buzy days, such as , a table for four no two people can seat,so we can accomodate more people , certain areas are reserved fpr food only and so forth......
We have no second class customers , and we are here to prove that, ever have a face control , everybody is welcome, our price are the fairest in the region, we dont charge covers, most of the people that come are very casual dressed. We are here for the last 8 years , we serve the average people , flashing of money is not allowed ,and we are here to heal people from the crisis.

My name is panayiotis i am the owner, my tel is 99385421, if you have a problem please ask for me
i am here to please all my customers.
You take care and thank you for your review, is gonna help us become better .
Leeds
“Great food with a beach sea view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

With friends we had a late lunch here while travelling around Cyprus on holiday and greatly enjoyed it. We came across Ammos by chance on a quiet mid April day before the main tourist season started so I appreciate it could be different on a busy day. We ordered the steak sandwiches (15 euro) and 'Treasures of the Sea' seafood linguine (20 euro). Greatly appreciated the freebe bruschetta appetiser and the freebe fruit dessert which made the higher than average pricing more reasonable. Steak sandwiches was an understatement of description. This was creative approach with superb quality sliced steak quickly fried served in a seeded long roll with excellent fries and salad and with excellent dips in pots of mustard, mayonaisse and guacomole. A criticism would be the slightly tired leaves in the salad. Linguine was served in a pan and enough for 2. Reasonable seafood content and satisfying although a more Italian approach in the recipe would raise it from good to excellent.
Atmosphere and deco stylish on the shabby chic side of things with good atmospheric music mix. Liked the Vespa and the Togo seating.
Wished I lived nearer. It would become a regular spot for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
PanonLarnaca, Owner at Ammos Beach Bar, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
we at ammos love you very much , thank you for the good review , when you come back, please let me meet you, panayiotis
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Great times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A place that you can combine Sea ,sun,moon and dance floor !
Its a great place for big companies of friends ,couples , generally good for everyone even for families as the place opens thru out the day
The location is in Makenzi close to the old Airport of Larnaca ,there are sun beds facilities during the summer and the restaurant also has beautiful oriental beds for the outside part of the place where we usually enjoy some nice fruit platters ,cocktails ,great music and the sea just a few steps away !
They have thru out the year open ,with events of live bands ,DJ , dancers, depends of the events
The prices are good ,food is good with fair portions
The stuff runs fast ,always a full place more or less ,nice decoration ,spacious and up the beat!
Reservations may be needed especially on high season
Enjoy

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PanonLarnaca, Owner at Ammos Beach Bar, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
goldendust thank you very much for the good review, if there anything ever you think can makes better, we would apreciate if you tell us.
thank very much again for the support