“Return to what service is all about in Larnaca” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Return to what service is all about in Larnaca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My journey back to Cyprus began on September 26th, 2013. I had decided to visit Panos Steak again and have a meal that I remembered to be spectacular. I had tried many restaurants along that stretch of beach called Finikoudes and found only two who actually cared about the customer, Panos was still the best of the best. Andreas the owner and his son George greeted me once again, And Larry and Monika and Eva were all very diligent. I had Rib eye steak and enjoyed it as usual, I ate there many times with my guest and can say the service was again brilliant. Thank you for treating me as part of the family Andreas and George. We were there on Friday where they had a live duet Cypriot singers, one of my guest, Lyra did a Norah Jones rendition with the Greek singer it was great. I wont forget the welcome I received. Thank you all at Panos! Andre from San Francisco, California, USA.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Steak lovers nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed in Larnaca the first two weeks of September 2012 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, and amongst the places we dined at –

Being a steakhouse, was looking forward to our meal. It was a shame it came out cold.............. twice. You can always tell when something comes back reheated and not freshly cooked again (Alan is also a chef) Did not wish to send it back a third time, as there was rice on my plate, (and I did not want that being reheated a third time). The waitresses, however were very good, and that she is the only reason we left a tip. Would not go back through. (Ate here in September 2012 – sorry for the late review - November was the earliest date I could select)

Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb meal & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We celebrated our Daughters 25th Birthday at Panos last week, what can I say, it was superb. Everything, and I mean everything, was top class, food, drinks & service couldn't be faulted. Panos is not the cheapest place to eat in Larnaca, but it does not claim to be either, the fact that it's packed to the rafters every evening is testament to it's popularity. The restaurant has a varied menu to suit most tastes and a very good wine list, the under floor fish tank is a lovely touch. A top notch restaurant that is well worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Aarhus
“High quality food and service - with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Over the last week we have had lunch and dinner several times at this restaurant. The menu has traditional cypriote dishes and many other offerings - e.g. a tasty steak Diane which we had with their special mascarpone sauce. They had a special lunch offer which had extremely good price/value. One of the choices was local white fish with the mentioned mascarpone sauce and a caesar salad with loads of chicken. We were crazy about the cheese cake for dessert. If possible - sit outside and get the best view of the beach - see picture :-)
The restaurant is run by father and son with local staff and we felt really taken care of - the service level is well above average.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beirut
“Best of the Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Panos Steakhouse was recommended to me by a friend. A little way down at the bottom of Athenon, near the Fort, but worth the walk she said. You know what? She was right. I was just standing at the entrance looking at the menu and Monika (waitress no. 1) started chatting to me as if we were old friends and – obviously – trying to entice me in. When I did go in a few hours later all the staff were even more welcoming. They took time – a precious commodity these days – to make sure I was settled properly, that I got my drink swiftly and that they answered any questions I had regarding the menu. The Dolmades were tasty, slightly spicy with the right balance of meat and rice, and they were hot! The Black Angus rib-eye that followed was cooked to perfection with fluffy mashed potatoes and very nicely prepared vegetables although I think that the rice was probably a step too far, but the garlic mushrooms were fantastic. And I did order some Béarnaise sauce to go with it, but it didn’t arrive until I had nearly finished but to be honest, the steak didn’t need it so there’s no marking down for that! I actually couldn’t finish it all which is no reflection of the quality, it’s a reflection of the quantity –the portions are huge! I finished off with an Irish Coffee, which was very nice especially as I was offered a second one to make up for the lack of sauce on my steak. It was the sort of gesture that creates loyalty in the clientele.

I went back to Panos for lunch a couple of days later and the same thing happened. A warm greeting from the owner and the staff, mozzarella topped garlic bread followed by a pork fillet kebab. And a complimentary brandy as a digestif. I would have liked to try the desserts on both of my visits but I was too full!

Big portions, wonderfully well cooked, Panos is somewhere that I’ll go back to again and again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food