“go to other hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka
Rome, Italy
“go to other hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

They are saying it is 4 stars, we think it is 1.5 the photos taken will convince you. First of all, the street which is in front of hotel is under construction and will be finished in two-year, so to reach hotel with car is difficult... there is no private parking near, they say you can park everywhere, but there are private residence parkings around and the sport's club parking, so you need to leave your car almost in the street. First we have got the room, where heating was not working properly (first days of February were cold days 7degrees evening) and all the balcony was full of water. The light sensor in the hall to reach the room also did not work. the room was furnished 20 years ago... We asked for more covers for bed but even after 2 hours nobody brought. We got nervous, because we were on holiday. So.... the circus had started... as we complained, they gave as the so called new apartments with two rooms, tv was in the kitchen... and to heat two rooms and the bathroom was too difficult. as we were not satisfied, the lady even told that is four stars and we paid less, and we want to have the holiday for free!!! It was too much! So we asked money back, but the man in reception told he can not do this, and offered other smaller room, we were tired so we agreed. In the last room the bathroom is in separate room, so to have a shower it was freezingly cold. up on the ceiling there was coming the green light, so we had to close it. We slept there two nights dreaming of going away... that is our story... actually, I can imagine how they give the stars for hotels?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

As my title says, the hotel was not too bad. I only paid £23 a night so had no real expectations. The room was basic but clean. It was right on the beach and the walk into the centre of Larnaca took me around 30/40 minutes, although it was pretty flat and straight so nothing too strenuous.

They offered a shuttle to the airport which was convenient which cost €15. As others had mentioned they do charge for wifi - €5 for a day - not 24 hours.

Breakfast was much like the hotel - basic but did the job. It was a little busy but I could find a seat.

Also as another reviewer mentioned there was a party until 2am one night (maybe we were there at the same time?) which despite being on one of the top floors was pretty loud.

I had no issues with the service throughout my stay - the staff were very friendly upon check in and check out.

Location was very good for the airport though - I was in my room within 30 minutes of landing.

If I was to return to Larnaca I would consider staying here again, providing the price wasn't too much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brest, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Really bad hotel. Indeed, it it near the beach, but a little bit far from the city center.
The room is not that clean, smells cigarette, the service is bad, you must pay to have internet access...

You allways have the impression that the room door is open as you here every single noise on the lobby.

There was a party last night in the hotel, one floor unedrneath, ... with no possiblity to sleep until the end .... at 2h am !!! I might have joined the party but it was just too bad !!
So, one advice, go and see elsewhere as the pics on the web site are really really not representative of the rooms !!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Greater london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were given this hotel by our travel company as the one we had booked was not open! I was a bit wary having read some of the reviews but I needn't have worried. The location is good, right opposite the beach and about a 25 minute walk into the centre of town. They are doing a lot of roadworks around this part of town so the walk is probably more difficult at the moment, as you have to walk over rubble etc. However, this should be only a temporary problem as they are widening the road ready for next season.
We had a one bedroom apartment which was quite spacious, although no sofa in the living room, just a table and chairs. There was a flat screen tv showing quite a few satellite channels. The kitchen area had a kettle and toaster when we arrived, but nothing else, not even plates or cutlery! However, when we asked at reception they were very charming and said that they would provide us with what we asked for and a microwave. There are no cooking facilities so you cannot truly self cater, but it's amazing what you can cook in a microwave!!! Breakfast was included which for us was an unexpected bonus and although a bit repetitive offered a good choice of hot and cold food.
Wifi is chargeable, but again, our travel company had told us that it was free. When I showed my email to the manager, he agreed to give us the voucher without charge and there was no hassle.
Altogether we thought that this was a very nice hotel for the price and would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having arrived at the hotel just after 3pm - a little bit late for their Sunday lunch ending at 3pm - we were greated by a young waiter who - seeing out disapointment offered to make 2 plates up for us...............what a suprise at the feast set before us!

The variety of meats, vegetables, trimmings (all cooked to perfection) and condiments choice was phenominal - the food well presented on the plate and the service second to none. Albeit we missed out on sharing this dining exerience in amongst other diners, we were afforded the time to enjoy our 2 x course meal and coffee having tasteful seasonal background music playing throughout.

Disappointed that we had just missed thanking the young waiter in person for his excellent service and attention to detail - we have booked our table for a fortnights time and hope to get to thank himin person then!.

Highly recommended :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

As our flight was cancelled, the hotel was booked by airlines, stayed there 2 nights. The rooms were clean, but not the newest. Some parts of the hotel have been probably renovated lately. The breakfast was too basic for 3* hotel, other meals were ok, just ok. Good location with the beach in front of it and a great one if you like observing planes - a bit disturbing during the night if you don't like it.
I don't know about the prices, but these stated on the door were definitely too high.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuopio, Eastern Finland, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My voucher said that the wifi is free of charge. As I arrived to hotel, I was told that the wifi costs 35 €. When I was surprised and showed my voucher, the receptionist was very rude. No apologize or even sorry, but rude "Wifi costs 35 €, take it or leave it!" Then she turned her back on me and went away. I was shocked by the rudeness and asked to see the manager. I was left waiting for a long time and when the manager came, he said that I had paid my room fee in advance so take it or leave it, I should pay for wifi or be without. I asked why the brochure said the wifi is included in the price and then the manager told that the hotel is not responsible for the text on the brochure and they have no need to explain anything. Then he walked away and left me standing there.

I had no choice but to go to my room but felt humiliated. I was not even told where my room was or anything on the hotel, just left there standing. I think I have never been treated this rude ever in my travels before.

I had a half board, but was disappointed of the food. In the morning there was always the same menu: 1 type of white toast, cereals, cheese, ham, watered orange juice and coffee/tee. Some sausages and eggs. Dinner was also every time the same: over grilled very dry chicken with no spice, not even salt. No sauce. Over cooked pork without spice and without sauce. Some cooked vegetables without sauce. Potato salad, mayonnaise salad and green salad. Fruit slices. The dinner was dry and tasteless and not so easy to swallow dry stuff without sauce :(

The room was actually an apartment but did not have a couch or kitchen. Only an empty living room with 4 plastic chairs and plastic table. The bedroom had a bed and table. Very basic but ok.

I bought the wifi, but it was very slow. Sometimes so slow, you could not use it at all.

Only good thing about the hotel was actually the beach in front of it. I would not recommend this hotel at all, not for the rooms, definitively not for the food and most of all not for the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!