“Ok accommodation by the beach” 3 of 5 stars

Flamingo Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Piale Pasha Avenue, Larnaka 6028, Cyprus   |
Ranked #25 of 41 hotels in Larnaka
Bucharest, Romania
“Ok accommodation by the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel is located 10 minutes away (by car) from the Larnaca airport. The beach is just across the street and all the rooms have a side seaview. A supermarket and several fish taverns and bars are within walking distance.
My room was spacious and equipped with AC, LCD and a small deposit box. But to my surprise I found out that in order to get a key and actually use the deposit box you had to pay 2 euro/day and leave a small amount of money as deposit with the reception.
Very clean bathroom and bedsheets. The same can't be said about the carpet in my room. It looked like it had not seen a vacuum cleaner in a while.
Ok breakfast, with a decent selection of cold and hot food. No filter coffee was available at the time of our three-day stay.
I was very pleased with the hotel and especially the reception staff. They have been very friendly and hepful. On the way back to the airport my friends and I used a hotel bus for airport transfer and the price was very reasonable.
Wireless internet is available and free of charge. The hotel also has a small business center and acess to the internet costs 3 euro per hour.
A small pool is located on the fifth floor.
All in all ok hotel for a short vacation in Larnaca.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Borgosesia, Piemonte, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

If you want or need to spend little money in Cyprus this accomodation can fit with your needs. At 5 mins from the Larnaca int. airport you will find a modest accomodation on the beach side. I think it is more a budget holiday destination than a stop for business purposes. Both room and services are proper for the low rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was booked into this hotel while I was on business to Cyprus. The hotel is mainly for the holiday tourists and not used to cattering for the business traveller. But, the hotel staff could not do enough to make my 10 day business stay more pleasent. I was dropped at my point of business every morning, the small business centre in the hotel was more than adequate for internet access and any printing done by the front desk staff.
The food was limited but the situation of the hotel means you only have a short walk to find something different to eat.
Location is everthing and if I was on a relaxing holiday you wouldnt find a better spot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Avesta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Room, bathroom, bed spotlessly clean. Buffet Dinner cheap and sumptous. Breakfast OK. Staff nice. Price incredolously low.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A lovely hotel, ideal for Mackenzie Beach and Larnaca town. Friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms and linen. Looking forward to returning maybe later this year if not next! Also hoping new apartments next door will be up and running. T&C Southampton

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicosia, Chypre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We arrived yesterday in this hotel, and I must say I was scared because of the various reviews I had read, fortunately after I had made the reservation because it would have probably turned me away !
We are talking about a 3 stars hotel, cypriot standards.
I met a customer in the lift (perfectly operating) and we exchanged a few words. He was leaving and happy with his stay.
We were given rooms on the second floor. The corridors are spotless. Rooms are spacious enough, cosy, clean, with plenty of towels and nice lighting (a bit strong though), tv a bit small but screening ok channels, brand new clean and silent fridges, comfortable matresses, hairdryers, magazines...
Ok, the sea view is side, but from the lobby or from the beach, you get full sea view, and I generally book a hotel to sleep and do daily things, not to stay all day ! Ok balcony is small but furniture is new and spotless. If you want to sunbath, there is spotless swimming pool area or beach just across the road. Ok there is an empty hotel next door, but is this hotel responsible for it ? I don't think so, and rather prefered to have a look at my partner ;-)
We had evening buffet and the starters were simple but fine, the fish basic but excellently cooked, so as the rice, the spare ribs were tasty. Chicken could have been better but matter of taste maybe. Breakfast was very correct, with new toaster and basic variety of continental and english breakfast. Coffee was expresso but very fine. Orange juice is OF COURSE not fresh, come on, we are not in a 5 stars! But acceptable enough for the ladies next table to fill up ther own bottle to return their room...
Water is free display. An excellent point when you have kids and with the summers we have in cyprus.
The pool is on the roof, so we didn't try it In February but foreigners were sunbathing (leaving here, we cannot even think about it... :-) The opposite beach is tiny, but if you are curious enough, you will find Mackenzy beach (the best of larnaca to my point of view) 5mn away and has the whole range of pubs, restaurants and night clubs, without attending the quality of your sleep. We flew kites on the beach which is there large enough. Last summer we had midnight baths there and it was great !
I was said by a local friend that their valentine night event had been really successful and was packed. Where else to have decent food and animation for 15€ pp ? And why to expect this animation free of charge on a package holiday ? Free sunbeds from the hotel is already an excellent point.
We saw last night the carnival party (we had already eaten with the kids and just joined later for a drink). The buffet was nice looking and the singer excellent. It was full with locals having great time dancing and obviously knowing each other, which made us feeling straight away comfortable.
They also offer a sunday roast which is always packed, and I have noticed an advertising for dancing lessons with coffee and cake on Monday's afternoons for 5€ that I feel like trying.

Just a warning to anyone traveling in our areas, please read properly instructions stated in all toilets of the island and you will not through paper in the toilets (I know how strange it sounds when you arrive from Europe "mainland"). Yes we don't have water in cyprus, and yes pipes are different.

This hotel definitely worth the price you pay for, and the staff is obviously giving the best of himself, at any position. Well done !

Room Tip: I noticed the rooms with sea view also have a flat wide screen :-)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Igualada, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed there for one night only on our Cyprus tour in November. We were surprised because although we payed €30 for a double room (breakfast included), our stay was good. Clean rooms, and right on the beach. It is convenient as well if you come from the airport or if you're leaving Cyprus (10' by car)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!