“Simply, but very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Larnaka B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Simply, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is located in the center of Larnaca, about Saint Lazarus Church. Only 8 rooms, very simple furniture. Rooms carefully clean. There is a teapot, stocks of coffee, tea and water fill up. There is an automatic machine for juice and water sale on the first floor. Also There is a small courtyard. On a beach to go literally some minutes. Very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Great Yeldham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had stayed here before a year or so ago and the location and staff helpfulness was great.... well the location is still great!
I had requested the two rooms overlooking the square and received an email confirming this, on arrival the rooms weren't ready but we came back at 2pm to be shown one room at the front and one on the side... I explained we had been promised both rooms and after much discussion and a few phone calls by the manager (who by the way did not speak or even have eye contact with us) we were 'allowed' to have the room we were promised. We went out..... on our return at 9pm we found that all the sockets in our friends room did not work, this meant they couldn't watch the tv, make a cuppa, use the hairdryer, charge their mobile (needed for an alarm call for an early morning flight) or even use the bedside lamps. As there are no staff around after the estate agent down stairs closes, we couldn't let anyone know. In the early morning we all had stone cold showers, needed after sleeping on the plastic mattress protectors! After taking our friends to the airport we came back to check out and let the staff know of the problems. No apology, the receptionist implied we should be happy because they had moved us to the room we were already promised and that some work men must have caused the problems. Not happy I asked for the managers contact details. On our return home 4 days ago I wrote to the manager...... as yet no reply.
As I said ....great location.........

Room Tip: 104 and 105 look out over the square. Double beds are very small, ask for the twins....you can clip...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Good:
Location very close to the Palm Tree Promenade and the Beach even though it is in a much calmer setting. Perfect for ppl looking for entertainement and beach, but prefering a calmer ambiance at night. Definitely Good Value For Money, if you're looking for a place to stay with good facilities in your room. If you're looking for room service, or other services provided by the hotel, then this might not be the hotel for you as it is more of a self service place than of a hotel.

The Not So Good:
There is no reception at the hotel some days. That's not a problem if you don't mind self service, as they will guide you on how to check-in to your room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederiksberg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I booked I made sure to state that I would be arriving late as I was off tourist season. Very shortly thereafter I received a lot of communication from the hosts telling me how to find the hotel and where to retrieve the key as the reception was closed at my arrival. The must funny part was that the key would be hidden in a ventilator shaft on the outside wall of the hotel.

I arrived in Larnaca around 9.30 pm and even with the description from the hosts I still had some difficulties finding the hotel but with some help from the locals I made it. Then there was the issue about the key. I found the ventilation shaft but when I opened it there was no key with my name on it.

There were some other keys with names on but not mine. While I was standing there trying to figure out what to do, taking one the others keys, calling the hosts the door, suddenly opened and out came a woman. I asked her about the key and it turned out she was the owner and she had borrowed my key to get in to the house. She was very sorry but it all turned out well.

My room was quite far from the room I had in Valetta, Malta, as it was more of a summer holiday place. The colors were bright and colorful and the condition of the room was sparser but everything worked and I found my bed quite nice even though it was quite narrow. I quickly left my room and headed for the restaurant next door to get something to eat before they closed. The city was quite empty and I was the only customer in the restaurant to begin with and there only arrived a couple besides me during my stay.

Next morning I woke up to a magnificent sunshine and taking the curtains away gave me a nice view of the large square and the breakfast restaurants next door. They didn’t serve breakfast at the hotel but they had an arrangement with one of the restaurants on the square. The view from the balconies around the house displayed some nice views and also a nice quiet backyard of the hotel.

The owner were also running a real estate dealer and they were at work there so I could pay for my room. They were really sweet and friendly, giving all kind of advices about the sites of the city. The location of the hotel was great; it was close to one of the major attractions of the city – the picturesque St Lazarus Church and very close to the beach. There are also loads of shops, bars and restaurants close by and it would be quite perfect for a beach vacation. The hotel also had free parking close by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
South Wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Our flight arrived in Larnaca late at night, so rather than pick up a hire car straight away we decided to spend 2 nights in Larnaca itself. A good decision, as was booking at the Alkisti CIty Hotel. Straightforward key collection arrangements were emailed to us, as we were arriving late, and we checked in officially the following morning. Our room was pleasant and comfortable, with the added bonus of a fridge and a kettle. Although individual rooms don't have balconies (at least ours didn't) there is a balcony with a couple of tables and chairs at the end of the corridor which overlooks the square, so you can make a cup of tea and drink it watching the world go by below you. There is also a small garden where you can sit and relax anda car park behind the hotel.

There are plenty of cafes and shops very close to the hotel, and a few restaurants. We found that from there we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go in Larnaca, from the ruins of ancient Kition to the fishing harbour. The seafront is close at hand, but we were much happier with our choice of this hotel rather than the resort-style hotels near the beach. Excellent value for money and should be a top choice for independent travellers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel is basically 8 rooms above a real estate office but the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Right across from the main old St. Lazarus, the location is excellent as a base for exploring all parts of the City. Very good value for the Euro and away from a lot of the package tour people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was thrilled to find this restored traditional stone property in charming St Lazarus Square. It would have been delightful at this quiet time of year to have one of the rooms with a view which I will request if it's off season when I return next. Fantastic value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Alkisti City Hotel? Share your experiences!