“Superb location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alkisti City Hotel

You added Alkisti City Hotel to your Saves list
Alkisti City Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Ayiou Lazarus Street 1 | Saint Lazarus Square, Larnaka City 6020, Cyprus   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Larnaka City B&B and Inns
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Superb location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I booked I made sure to state that I would be arriving late as I was off tourist season. Very shortly thereafter I received a lot of communication from the hosts telling me how to find the hotel and where to retrieve the key as the reception was closed at my arrival. The must funny part was that the key would be hidden in a ventilator shaft on the outside wall of the hotel.

I arrived in Larnaca around 9.30 pm and even with the description from the hosts I still had some difficulties finding the hotel but with some help from the locals I made it. Then there was the issue about the key. I found the ventilation shaft but when I opened it there was no key with my name on it.

There were some other keys with names on but not mine. While I was standing there trying to figure out what to do, taking one the others keys, calling the hosts the door, suddenly opened and out came a woman. I asked her about the key and it turned out she was the owner and she had borrowed my key to get in to the house. She was very sorry but it all turned out well.

My room was quite far from the room I had in Valetta, Malta, as it was more of a summer holiday place. The colors were bright and colorful and the condition of the room was sparser but everything worked and I found my bed quite nice even though it was quite narrow. I quickly left my room and headed for the restaurant next door to get something to eat before they closed. The city was quite empty and I was the only customer in the restaurant to begin with and there only arrived a couple besides me during my stay.

Next morning I woke up to a magnificent sunshine and taking the curtains away gave me a nice view of the large square and the breakfast restaurants next door. They didn’t serve breakfast at the hotel but they had an arrangement with one of the restaurants on the square. The view from the balconies around the house displayed some nice views and also a nice quiet backyard of the hotel.

The owner were also running a real estate dealer and they were at work there so I could pay for my room. They were really sweet and friendly, giving all kind of advices about the sites of the city. The location of the hotel was great; it was close to one of the major attractions of the city – the picturesque St Lazarus Church and very close to the beach. There are also loads of shops, bars and restaurants close by and it would be quite perfect for a beach vacation. The hotel also had free parking close by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Our flight arrived in Larnaca late at night, so rather than pick up a hire car straight away we decided to spend 2 nights in Larnaca itself. A good decision, as was booking at the Alkisti CIty Hotel. Straightforward key collection arrangements were emailed to us, as we were arriving late, and we checked in officially the following morning. Our room was pleasant and comfortable, with the added bonus of a fridge and a kettle. Although individual rooms don't have balconies (at least ours didn't) there is a balcony with a couple of tables and chairs at the end of the corridor which overlooks the square, so you can make a cup of tea and drink it watching the world go by below you. There is also a small garden where you can sit and relax anda car park behind the hotel.

There are plenty of cafes and shops very close to the hotel, and a few restaurants. We found that from there we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go in Larnaca, from the ruins of ancient Kition to the fishing harbour. The seafront is close at hand, but we were much happier with our choice of this hotel rather than the resort-style hotels near the beach. Excellent value for money and should be a top choice for independent travellers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SeafoodQueen
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel is basically 8 rooms above a real estate office but the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Right across from the main old St. Lazarus, the location is excellent as a base for exploring all parts of the City. Very good value for the Euro and away from a lot of the package tour people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vazil
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was thrilled to find this restored traditional stone property in charming St Lazarus Square. It would have been delightful at this quiet time of year to have one of the rooms with a view which I will request if it's off season when I return next. Fantastic value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ciccola
Byblos, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Excellent location,charming rooms and nice balcony.Clean rooms. very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Larnaka City, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

stayed here for a night for my partners birthday. Excellent location, very rustic charm and nice balcony which overlooks St Lazarus church.

Good value well placed hotel

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WeeJean56
Katowice, poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I started to stay in this hotel in 2009, and since this time I have stayed there probably ten or more times. Usually i stay i 104 or 105 rooms what are in my opinion the best in hotel, but somebody can say that there are noisy, because of the street trafics below. Rooms are good equipped, small but nice. In the room 104 one can make paiting on the wall with stains on the wall. There is no breakfast in the hotel, but they are offered by bar opposite. Hotel has charming interiors, and it seems that the owner takes good care about it.
I have spent also few nights in another hotels around Larnaca, and this is no doubt that Alkist is one of the best in town, and fur sure the best if you compare prices to standard offered.

Room Tip: 104 and 105, try to avoid rooms without view.