“Very nice place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments

Save Saved
You added Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1, Armenikis Eklisias Street | P.O.Box 40818, Larnaka 6022, Cyprus   |
Ranked #18 of 42 hotels in Larnaka
Vantaa, Finland
“Very nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in Petrou Bros apartments over a week in the middle of October. Arrived after midnight, met a very nice welcome at the reception and got a room on the first floor. Next morning we asked to change the room because there was some noise from the street at Friday night. After one hour we could move to 3rd floor to a basic but clean, quiet room. The weather was nice, the beaches and restaurants are nice and near, all in walking distance. We really enjoyed our stay in Petrou Bros, the staff is very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

It was a group of us and we only stayed on one night before flying back home the following day. I thought that the apartment would be ok based on the reviews I had read but I was soooo disappointed. We had a three bedroom apartment. Each room seemed to have something wrong with it (broken wardrobe door, stains on sheets and carpets, broken bed side table, the door didn't close properly etc.) The apartment was quite dark as there were only a few dim lights and it felt claustrophobic.Furniture was old and bathroom didn't seem very clean either. Overall it was a let down experience and we were happy to leave in the morning. I wouldn't like to stay longer than one night as this was not type of accommodation I would like to spend my hard earned monies on. Definitely not an oasis for relaxation. Location was central although not that easy to find amongst one way roads and only a few minutes from the beach and promenade. Staff was nice but I didn't feel I got good value for money. I felt it was overpriced for the quality we received. I'm afraid I won't be recommending to stay here.

Room Tip: There are plenty more other hotels and apartments around Larnaca.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you are looking for a basic hotelapartment close to the beach, shopping and restaurants Petrous Bros might be a good choice. Roms with seperat kitchen, good madras's in beds, cleaning every day and free Wi-Fi. Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel could need renovation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just wanted to spend a few quite days in larnaca so,i found Petrou Hotel Apartments. I said ok,lets try...Guys..,it was very good. Ok, the rooms are not new,but everything was clean and very good.The rooms are confortable, nice. The a/c is working properly and we actually did not find any problem in there.The staff was friendly and really helpful...:) If you wanna have a nice holiday, do not hesitate..go there...

Room Tip: 5 min walking to the sea
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted somewhere to stay in Cyprus for one night as we wanted to fly in the day before our rented villa was available so we didn't spend the first day of the rental traveling to the island. This place was turned out to be perfect for our requirements. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was clean and tidy, the air con worked fine and there were basic TV channels and WIFI available. There was a basic kitchen and a strong box in the room for an extra 2 euros. We didn't eat there because to be honest, it was the first day of our holiday and our only night in Larnaca so we wanted to go along the sea front (about 3 minutes walk away) and find a bar to eat at. In the morning we again went to the sea front to get breakfast because there was such a good choice of places to eat. The staff were really helpful with directions etc and I would not hesitate to stay here again. At £84 for a two bedroom apartment (to sleep 4 of us - £21 pp/pn), I was just hoping it would be clean and safe but thus place was much more than that and, for affordable accommodation in a really good location in Larnaca, I would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ashdod, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good hotel with large room.
The people at the reception was nice.
The was some insects in the room.
For the price a very good location.
I suggest for thw people that do not want spend money at thw restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

First of all I would like to share my view on the staff. Two ladies that work in the hotel reception (one works night shifts) are very nice and helpful. The problem is when it comes to the male receptionist. One day I wanted to iron my shirt, as we were going for a dinner with my fiancee. I went down to the reception at 5p.m. The receptionist was shocked that I was asking him for an iron and ironing board. He lectured me that it is unacceptable to ask for those things so late (5pm!!!). He said that I should write down what I need in the morning and ask for those thing before noon.(!?) I didn't give up and insisted on the iron and the board. He finally gave those to me saying that it's forbidden to iron by the guests.He added also that he is not the person to give it to me, because he is a manager. WHO CARES?! This was very unpleasent situation as I have never experienced such an attitude towards hotel guests. Nevertheless, the ladies working in the hotel are super friendly, including also the cleaing ladies.

Room itself was tidy, so was the kitchen and bathroom. The air-condition in the room didn't have the silent-night option, so had to wake up at night to switch it on and off.

After all I would recommend this hotel for people who do not expect a lot, it's only a *** place, the beach is very close (biggest advantage), rooms are tidy and spacious.

Rent-a-Car across the door have good car deals for the hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!