“Best hotel we've stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pia Bella

You added Hotel Pia Bella to your Saves list
Hotel Pia Bella
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Iskenderun Caddesi No 14 | Mersin 10, Kyrenia 9000, Cyprus   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Kyrenia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Narberth, United Kingdom
“Best hotel we've stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I spent three weeks at the Pia Bella Hotel in January 2013 and had a most relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The room was spacious, well-lit and clean, the food was delicious with lots of choice, the staff were efficient and very friendly - always willing to help, as was everyone we met. We were impressed by the range of seating areas both indoors (especially appreciated the log fire in the lounge which was lit about 4pm each evening) and outdoors in the pleasant gardens. Being a family run establishment there seemed to be a caring attitude eg there was a hoist to lower less mobile people into one of the swimming pools and in the restaurant there was always a selection of sugarfree/light and unsalted options for those who are diabetic or, like me, trying to lose weight!! The location suited us fine because we like walking but it is not so suitable for those who want easy access to a beach; neither is there much evening entertainment but there are some games and books available to borrow. We are seriously thinking of returning next January; although there had been snow a few days before we arrived, the weather was very good while we were there. We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Marion W, thank you for your pleasant comments and for sharing your experiences. We do have entertainment most nights during the summer season. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and will be coming back to Hotel Pia Bella. Looking forward to seeing you with us again. Thank you.
Best Regards
Hotel Pia Bella.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Turkish first
Darmstadt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food is very good, service really nice. The localisation, well it could be better. Only 10 min. to the city centre, but there is no beach nearby. The problem is also if you will take cheaper room - you will be placed next to the main road in the city, so it's really lout. There are two big swimming pools there - in one you can really swim not only take a bath :) The hotel was clean and room was everything perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Ewelina B, thank you for your nice feedback on your experience. Because Hotel Pia Bella is a city hotel, it is more in the city than by the sea, but we do have 2 pools to swim in. We would like to see you with us again. Thank You.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked my hotel stay here from 5th february 2013, until 12th february ,,2013.Unfortunately the closest flights i could book were from the 6th february 2013 until the 13th february, 2013.
I sent an email to info@piabella.com,this is the address on their website,on the 26th of january,2013,saying i had made a mistake,and if possible could they move my booking by one day,and if not could they quote me a price for the 12th february.I also asked,after reading many reviews on this website to be given a room away from the main road,which,believe me is extremely noisy,starting from 5am.
By the 29th of january i had no reply ,so i sent another email saying the same things as before,again no reply.
I also left a message on the live chat section of the hotel website,again,no reply.
I arrived at the hotel on the evening of 6th february,2013.
I asked the gentleman behind reception if they had received my emails.He mumbled something about having problems with their internet.After telling him i would show him the emails i had sent he told me the address i had sent them to,info@piabella.com,sent the mails to someone else,and not the hotel.I was amazed and told him this was the address on the hotel website.After asking several times who actually did receive the emails,he very reluctantly told me it was the hotel manager.Unbelievable i thought.
I went to reception the following morning with my laptop.I showed a different gentleman the emails i had sent,he advised me to send them to reservation@piabella.com.Iduly forwarded all emails i had sent to this address.
I checked my emails everyday during my stay,and still no reply.
As it was coming towards the end of my holiday i did book another hotel for the final night of my stay in Kyrenia.
On checking out of the Piabella on the 12th february,2013,i asked the gentleman behind reception if they had received my emails,he just looked at me blankly and said yes.
Going back to my check in,i was given a room overlooking the main road.As reviewed my many other customers,the rooms are very dates,and extremely noisy from early in the morning.
The wild dogs on the wasteland between the football pitches and shooters coffee house like to start partying very early in the morning sometimes too.
Breakfast i must say was very impressive,with a wide selection of foods,decent coffee,a member of staff squeezing fresh oranges all morning.
This was all going well until my last breakfast at the hotel.Breakfast is served until 10am each morning.I entered the dining room at 0945 and immediately asked a waiter if i could please have two poached eggs.He was very rude ,told me it was too late to order eggsI explained to him that service ended at 1000am,he then told me the water for poaching eggs had been thrown away.I asked him if they could pit some more water on for two eggs,and if this was a problem could i see a manager.I did receive my two eggs,however another minute in the water to cook them would have been nice.
Overall a very disappointing stay at this hotel,and as a regular visitor to Kyrenia,i certainly shall not be staying here again,and ,in my opinion would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you do stay here,stay away from the main road facing rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Kenny237, Thank you for your reviews. We apologies for what you had experienced at Hotel Pia Bella. We have investigated the problem which you had with the emails and found that your emails were sent as spam, they were in the junk email box. You could have told reception about extending your stay for one more night, they could have solved the problem for you immediately. We do apologies again for what happened in the restaurant, again if you informed reception they could have called the food and beverage manager who would have warned the staff, we are sorry on his behalf. We would be happy if you came to Hotel Pia Bella again, and gave us a chance to make sure you have a delightful stay and make it up to you,where maybe you can change your mind. We hope to see you with us again. Thank you.
Plockton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here in the last week of Jan / first week in Feb 2013.
The location is excellent, just a 10min walk gets you down to the old harbour and Kyrenia centre.
The staff are absolutly faultless. Friendly and efficient.
The food which was laid on for breakfast and evening meals was first class, very fresh and plenty off it. If i had a complaint it would be that i put on a stone and a half in the 2 weeks i was there but to honest that only serves as a credit to the kitchen staff!
Had a burst pipe in the bathroom on a Sun morning, it was fixed WITHIN 10 mins of the phone call to reception. As someone who has to deal with plumbers on a fairly regular basis i found this utterly astounding!
There are a few negative ratings for this hotel, probably written by the type of person who complains about having to get up in the morning.
Ignore them all.
Congratulations and thank-you to everyone who works in Pia Bella, we will be back!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your pleasant comments WILLI F. We are happy that you were pleased with our staff and services. We are very sorry, to hear about the problem which you had in your room, we thank you for your understanding. Many thanks from all the team Pia Bella and are more than welcome to join us again at Hotel Pia Bella. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best Regards
nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at the Pia Bella from 4th to 11th Feb with my partner.Did not find the food very good a bit hit and miss in the evening and only a full english on a Sunday and Wednesday.
The rooms was a bit basic could do with a revamp.
The staff was very friendly could not do enough for you,the hotel was clean and our room was cleaned daily.
For the money we paid it was what i expected but i do not think i would go back to this hotel,only takes about 15 mins to walk to town centre which is ok the harbour is very nice.
Just a note there is a chip shop opened called Saltys which does excellent fish and chips just turn right out of the hotel walk across the island and it is on the right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeffNottingham, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our food service. We hope to see you back, so we can make it up to you and maybe you can change your mind. Thank you.
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at the Pia Bella from 16th Jan to 30th jan in a party of 22.
The hotel was lovely and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was good with a litle sitting room as well as a bedroom, we found the room cold at first until we found out how to use the aircon/heating, though we did ask for an extra blanket. The tea and coffee making facilities were a bonus as we find that hotels abroad do not usually provide these.
The food was fine except it was very repetative and after the first few days it got rather boring
Unfortunately there was no entertainment in the hotel except for bingo once a week, and as it was quite a way from the harbour and any other hotels etc. there was nothing to do in the evenings except sit and chat, which was okay at first but not for two weeks.

Room Tip: Not on the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear liwimay, thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We do not have very much entertainment during the winter season, but do have entertainment 3 or 4 nights during the summer season. We hope you come and try staying during the summer. Many Thanks.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just spent 3 wonderful weeks in Pia Bella, even better than we expected. All staff very friendly, nothing too much trouble & comfortable well appointed rooms. Very busy even in January/ February, excellent value. Excellent restaurant, lots of choice of fresh food well cooked, fruits and wonderful desserts! Everywhere well maintained & lovely gardens. Many guests return & seems popular with locals too. Good car hire service & car park.

Room Tip: Ask for room not overlooking the road. Many higher rooms have good mountain views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eileen O, thank you for choosing Hotel Pia Bella, We are glad that you were pleased with our servicesand staff. We hope to see you as one of our repeat guests. Kind Regards from team Pia Bella.

Been to Hotel Pia Bella? Share your experiences!