“ok butbsome problems” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bern, Switzerland
“ok butbsome problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is well located in the center of Vaduz. It has nice and large rooms with lots of workspace. There are, however, important problems:
. It's an open bath/shower, so the bathroom gets all wet when one showers
. Internet service is VERY intermittent. There is no chance of getting signal for more than 10 consecutive minutes
. since thenhotel is in the center, it's very loud. You will hear street noise in your room
. breakfast is served in a windowless, small room
. there arebonley few power sockets in your room

Also, I thought thatvthe staff was very rude. As I wanted to check in, I said good morning and explained that I had a reservation under my name. The immidiate replay was "I need a credit card and an ID". There was not even a greeting!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Although situated in the centre of Vaduz within easy reach of all the attractions, this basically is a business hotel. The rooms are OK with all you would expect for the businessman. Rooms at the back of the hotel look straight out onto the rock face maybe 2 meters away. There is very little comfort in the hotel as the chairs in the bedroom are hard and the lounge area is particularly small. Breakfast is quite good with pleasant staff willing to prepared additional items not on the buffet menu. There is no facility for dinner although the restaurants are all with in few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the front if you don't want to look at the rock face or at the back for the qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thane, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and me,stayed in this hotel for 2 nights inJuly 2013,on our first trip to Vaduz. Got a 3rd floor front facing room with excellent view and comfortable interiors. The festive atmosphere in the evenings on the streets in the evenings wafts up into the room through the window and makes one feel cheerful. The most attractive thing is the locations. Bang in midst of the funfilled market area and within short walking distance to all attractions. The girls at the reception are very helpful with all the guidance that one needs in a new place. They seem to have all the time for you. The restaurant below has good food to offer and their Thai curry was very tasty and sumptuous. The shop below has all the souvenirs that one needs to take from Vaduz, including very nice TShirts with embroidered Emblem,Stamps etc.
We were very satisfied and wouls stronly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor road facing rooms are better..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Naantali, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a good location right down at walking street. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull. We had a room from quiet side, not facing the walking street and it was nice and very quiet. Breakfast excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and found breakfast excellent. It is always a pleasure to read comments about the friendliness of our staff. It reminds us what a difference a smile can make in a guest's experience.

Please come back and visit us again!

Best regards,

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything about our stay at the Residence Hotel was well above expectations! The friendly and very helpful staff made sure that we got all the help and advice we needed to explore Liechtenstein - even in the short time we had. The room was excellent in all aspects: great bed, superbly elegant and clean bathroom and even a fantastic array of TV channels! The breakfast was one of the best and well-sorted breakfast buffets of any hotel we have stayed in! Even larger and more famous hotels can't compete! We would warmly recommend the Residence to anyone who wants a superb hotel right in the centre of Vaduz!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Residence Hotel. I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations! Thank you for your kind remarks about the quality of our breakfast buffet and level of service.

I will certainly share your review with the rest of our team as comments like yours inspire our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to explore many more wonderful places in and around Liechtenstein.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Without going on too much about Liechtenstein itself, it is a small country that seems so much larger when you're there... except when you're in Vaduz! The "Capital" is fairly small and relatively centred. That said, the Residence is in the middle of it all on 'the main street' close to restaurants, souvenir shops and the museums [it would be hard not to be] and we found the whole area fairly quiet and peaceful.

We had one of the junior suites on the top floor which was very spacious and modern with a patio/balcony area outside and great views of the surrounding mountains. The bathroom was extremely well-equipped with separate Jacuzzi-style bath and walk-in shower with the toilet in a different room all-together. My only real issue was with the bathroom layout that had glass walls, with some opaque sections, creating somewhat of a feeling of being in a gold-fish bowl. The staff were very friendly though and we enjoyed our brief time in the Principality!

Room Tip: The top floor suites were brilliantly appointed and very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the Junior Suite in particular.

The glass walls are a feature the architect of the hotel used throughout the building. The advantage of the glass is the light coming through. It is a very modern and unique feature. Our five suites each have a different layout and perhaps you can try a different suite next time you visit Vaduz.

We would love to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Neuchatel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's hard to start with a review without putting on some context. I was in Vaduz for a meeting and when I checked in, I just put my luggage into my room and ran off to the meeting. When I arrived very late at the hotel, the reception wasn't staffed anymore.

So when I discovered traces of dried blood on my pillow and unknows fluids on the sheets, I was pretty disgusted. At that time I was just in a mood to go to sleep, not wake up the entire building. I served in the army, so I'm used to precarious confort.

Next morning, I reported this to the staff and they appologized for that matter. They explained, they have a subcontractor, but they took the responsability and lowered the room rate.

This sad incident and the way it was dealt showed me how good the reception staff was efficient. The day before I already had a glimpse of it during check-in.

The hotel is very well situated in the city centre of Vaduz. My room was pretty big, the bathroom was larger than the european standard and well furnished.

Without this small incident, I would have given a "very good" appreciation without a doubt. So it was perhaps not my lucky day. I will totally consider to stay at the Residence during my next trip in Vaduz, if any.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the size of the room and the service at the reception desk. I regret, however, to learn about the inconsistencies you experienced during your visit pertaining Housekeeping services.

I can assure you that this was an exception at our property and does not reflect Residence standards. I immediately addressed the issue with our Housekeeping department and laundry company. Both expressed their deepest concern and will handle inspections more thorough in the future.

I would like to thank you for understanding and being able to look past this incident, still pointing out the positive aspects of your stay. I am also happy to hear that you will consider to stay with us during your next trip to Vaduz. We would like to use this opportunity to show you that this was an exception.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Annett Seidel

Been to Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!