The reason I say "traditional" is that this is not a luxury hotel; but it's an excellent choice for a good, comfortable stay.
- Excellent fully-enclosed shower (not the annoying kind with the half-glass where water goes everywhere).
- A nice little balcony.
- Water containers stocked in room (which can be refilled in the lobby)
- Friendly (English-speaking) personnel.
- Walking distance (10-15 min.) to town center and tourist office. Museum was even closer. (Note: you can buy postcards AND stamps at the tourist office, and they will mail them for you.)
-Indoor pool (we didn't use it).
- Good variety at breakfast.
-Free parking and wifi.
- Hairdryer in bathroom and -- a real outlet in the bathroom! (I could use my curling iron!). Guys may not understand the importance of this, but as a woman, I can attest that nearly all hotels in Europe seem to only have the "shavers only" outlet.
- A previous poster commented on the electrical outlets. Yes, there are three prongs, but my 2 prong European 220 adapter worked perfectly in all outlets.
- No a/c. Other posters commented on noise with the windows open, but the night we stayed was quiet.
- If you want a luxurious resort, this is not the place for you. But it's perfect for the traveler who doesn't need (or doesn't want to pay for) extra frills.
I definitely recommend this place if you ever find yourself in Vaduz.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Landhaus am Giessen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.