“The whole city is one huge park” 5 of 5 stars

Luxembourg City
Directions
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
London, United Kingdom
“The whole city is one huge park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

If you can forget that there is hardly a restaurant (or any place of interest, for that matter) open on Sundays, the lush greenery can be truly mesmerising. I didn't want the Wenzel Walk to ever end!

Warszawa
“richest country in EU”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

small capital of the small EU contry is definietely worth visiting.
it's located on the both sides of a canyon/valley. bridges which connect two sides of the city look nice, and the view is just breathtaking.
small old town, european union disctricts and baically that's it about luxembourg-city..

Brooklyn, New York
“Underrated little city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Every European I met along the way on my Eurotrip (London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels...) responded with surprise (and not in a good way) when I mentioned that Luxembourg was my next stop. "WHY would you go there?" is what I kept hearing. Turns out, this little country is great for a day trip. I had a great time exploring the huge crypt, prices are good, city is immaculate, and the fact that its small means you can walk and experience it all! Make sure you go to The Chocolate Company and have some hotchocospoon (and buy some for home, YUM!): Portion of my Luxembourg trip can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NqZFI7oxos

China
“LUX city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

The city is quite small.There are no a lot of nice places to visit.

Toronto, Ontario - Canada
“My least favourite country in Europe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

My mother and I travelled to Luxembourg in October 2009 and we stayed for 3 days which gave us more than plenty of time to see the sights of Luxembourg as it is a very small country. Although, it is very expensive because the cost of a 1 day “Hop On Hop Off Bus” would be 2 days in Belgium. Regardless of price, I would definitely recommend the bus because you can see a lot of the city this way and regardless of the colour of the bus (blue, green or red) you can hop on any of them and they come quite regularly about every 20 minutes.

Some places to visit are: Clairefontaine Square, Chemin de la Corniche (a must see…beautiful and breathtaking view of the city), Notre Dame Cathedral, Place d'Armes, Palace of the Grand Dukes, Town Hall, William Square etc.

One place I would definitely recommend you do not bother visiting although they list it in the brochure you get from the “Hop On Hop Off Bus” is the mall which quite frankly is very disappointing and we have better malls in Canada. Mentioned is also the “Fish Market” which is not a market where they sell fish it is simply a name of a street which is not at all exciting nor is there anything exciting to see.

In addition, one place I would definably recommend you see visit when in Luxembourg is the city of Vianden which from the train station you simply take one train and one bus and you can get there and the cost to get there is not at all expensive. We did a day trip which we really enjoyed, as the town is small but very charming. We visited the Castle of Vianden which was quite a walk but well worth visiting...what a gorgeous view! (Cash only...credit cards not accepted). Than we saw the Victor Hugo house which my mom found a little disappointing considering she was always a huge fan of his and it was not that great! (Cash only...credit cards not accepted). However, close to Victor Hugo's house there is a restaurant which overlooks a lake which is definitely worth eating their...they had the most scrumptious pancakes and a very delightful hot chocolate not to mention it was quiet and it was nice to see the swans swimming in the lake.

Lastly, when travelling to Luxembourg make sure you carry sufficient cash because most banks/ATM's did not recognize my bank card from Canada as such I could not take money and ended up having to take out of my VISA which not only cost me a conversion fee but your credit card company charges you from the day you take out (this becomes quite expensive an ordeal). Consequently, the other reason to carry sufficient cash is because I found that several places had issues putting through credit card purchases...it was a hit and miss situation...some places excepted certain credit cards over others (that drove us a little crazy).

In general, you will find that most European countries have an office that can help you find hotels which are located in the airports and train stations. However, in Luxembourg, they close early. Although, should you arrive late in the evening they do have computer screens that can help you find hotels or simply go walking and exploring.

Been to Luxembourg City? Share your experiences!