“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ribeirão Prêto, São Paulo, Brazil
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice food. I ate sardines and they were incredible. And I have to say that sardines are really not my favourite, which means that they were really nice. Service is very good and they have good white wines. However. Wine list coukd be a little better. Except for that, I really reccomend the restaurant. But be sure you enjoy sea food before going.

Visited July 2013

Singapore
“Love this place in Luxembourg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Its my first time to Luxembourg and visited this restaurant with plenty of excitement, I am a big fan of Michelin Star recommendation. For me, anything above 2 stars is pretty good stuff. I had a wonderful evening there and the pictures are uploaded will show you guys the food. Lovely.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburg, Texas
“Michelin starred?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Let me preface this--my husband and I do not typically eat at Michelin starred restaurants. We enjoy good food and service wherever we find it. However, we were disappointed with Le Bouquet Garni in Luxembourg. We had made reservations and arrived on time. We were promptly seated--I even had a stool for my purse. The restaurant is beautiful and quaint with exposed wood beams and low ceilings as in timbered buildings. The staff was friendly and helpful.

We ordered the menu for the day which was composed of 2 precourses, 2 courses/plates, and dessert. My husband ordered duck foie gras for the first plate and salmon for the second plate with a strawberry sorbet for dessert. I ordered calamari for the first plate, roast chicken for the second, and chocolate marshmallows for the dessert.

We first had Réductions apéritives/amuses bouche which we enjoyed served with a ready supply of handmade breads. My calamari was chewy and hard to eat and the foie gras was bland. My husband's salmon might have been slightly undercooked but the vegetables were more than Al dente. My roast chicken was the breast portion of the bird. The skin was not crispy and the bird was a little dry. I had ordered this plate because of the asparagus (very Al dente) and the morel mushrooms (a lifelong favorite of mine) but the morels still had grit in them. I thought the mashed potatoes grandmother style was a hoot--they were pureed potatoes--nothing my grandmother would have made because then they were would have been overmashed. However the potatoes and gravy were good. We ordered a bottle of white wine with our meal which was good.

Our desserts were probably the best part of the meal--especially as we traded samples of each. The strawberry sorbet when really good with my chocolate marshmallows!

People who were guests here ranged from couples like us looking for a good dinner and dressed in evening attire to a table of 5 dressed in jeans (really?). The dog was appropriately attired too :).

All in all, we loved the decor and setting, the service was good, but for the price of the meals, we would probably not eat there again if we had the opportunity. We found a lot of restaurants to explore on our next visit.

Visited May 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

After having a really stellar (5 star all the way) dinner before Christmas, I was excited to bring my mom to Le Bouquet Garni for her first Michelin star dining experience. However, the experience was average at best and frankly poor in other areas. I'll elaborate:

- The wine pairings were terrible. Every single wine chosen was sweet or semi-sweet - even the red served with steak. I'm all for creative wine pairings and trying new things, but I can't say I truly enjoyed any of the wines selected.

- The foie gras appetizer was a joke. It was a big hunk of foie gras served with a piece of toast - almost identical to a similar appetizer I got at a Paris diner. Foie gras has the ability to be served in so many amazing ways, and the restaurant chose to just plop a hunk of it on the plate. Really?

- The portions were ridiculously disproportionate. My wife and mother (who ordered chicken and steak, respectively) received about 300 grams of meat each. I ordered scallops and got TWO medium scallops. Maybe 50 grams of protein if I'm being generous. And while I don't need a gigantic main course when having a multi-course dinner I was shocked by the fact that they received too much and I received way too little.

- The scallop dish I did get was really quite flavorless and served on a bed of something else that was flavorless along with a flavorless sauce. I downed it in a few bites and was completely unsatisfied.

- My wife's chicken was underdone at the bone. I know you want the chicken to be just at the point of being done so it's optimally moist, but neither of us find half-done chicken to be appetizing.

- The music playing was absurdly cheesy. Michael Bolton, then something that sounded like a Thriller knock-off, then some other light rock. Just didn't really set a nice tone.

- Little things were just not up to standard - inconsistent wine pours (one person received way more than the other), soup was delivered and was shaken all over the bowl (kind of ruins the presentation they're going for), etc. I know - sounds snobby - but I think you get that right when you're paying over EUR 100 per person for the experience just as much as the food.

We did have a stellar pre-appetizer, a very good soup and an excellent dessert.

So, I don't know - I wouldn't go back anytime soon. There's a lot of other places of similarly high caliber around Lux City, and after paying EUR 125 a person and being so disappointed I just don't think I'd risk it again. It's a shame, though - until this poor experience (and then the amazing experience I just had at La Distillerie) this was my favorite restaurant in Lux.

My only thought - perhaps it was because we went on a Saturday, and this is a business-oriented place. When had gone before it was during the week when Lux restaurants are at their busiest. Still no excuse in my book.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kirkland, Washington
“Beautiful night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was a gastronomic delight. The service and the ambiance were both intimate and comfortable. The wait staff are top notch professionals that quietly see your every need, and attend to it, without it being over-done or awkward.

The real star at this place is the food though!! It probably doesn't do it justice to say that the presentation and the flavor combinations were original, artistic, and perfectly balanced.

I also did the wine pairing with dinner, and the sommelier was a delight and real picked some beautiful and somewhat unusual wines. Their bottle list extensive with some excellent and familiar French and Italian choices -- but a tad pricey. However, if you are going to this place, money probably a huge concern.

We've eaten all nice restaurants all over the world, and I would say this was in my Top 5, and possibly Top 3 meals of all time, considering all aspects - the food, the presentation, the atmosphere, the wine, and not least of all, the wonderful service! Wow. Really a delight.

It was a bit expensive ($280 Euros) for two, but probably half of that was beverages (2 glasses of champagne before dinner, and couple of cocktails, and one wine pairing with dinner. In the end, we won't miss the money though, and we won't forget that dinner. Magnifique!

• Visited March 2013