“A great value base for a weekend in Luxembourg” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Luxembourg Centre

You added Novotel Luxembourg Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Luxembourg Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 rue du Laboratoire, Luxembourg City 1911, Luxembourg   |
Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A great value base for a weekend in Luxembourg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Luxembourg Centre Novotel proves a fantastic base to explore the beautiful and historic city of Luxembourg.

Check in was simple and straightforward and we were soon in our clean and comfortable room with two double beds. I stayed with two friends and the room was plenty big enough for the three of us and had all the services that we expected (TV, fridge, safe, desk etc). It was not what I would call luxurious, however it was practical and perfectly suited our needs.

Parking was convenient and well lit although it was fairly expensive in contrast with the great value room.

The hotel bar was modern with a relaxed and pleasant vibe and we enjoyed a beer on the well decorated terrace at the front of the hotel.

The centre of Luxembourg is a short walk over the Viaduct and can be reached in 10-15 minutes on foot. The Grund area is even closer and definitely worth exploring.

Recommended for a good value, practical stay within walking distance of Luxembourg centre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AndrePecheur, Directeur général at Novotel Luxembourg Centre, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a review and for the positive feedback!
It is great to read how much you have appreciated the location, facilities and service at the hotel.
We certainly hope to welcome you again at Novotel Luxembourg Center

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel is only 10 minutes walk from the old town and is close to a supermarket. Breakfast was good and staff extremely helpful. Hotel provided baby cot and highchair. The only negative is that we found the room stuffy because there was no opening window.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests appreciated our quality of service.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Baden-Württemberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We took a weekend trip to Luxembourg in January. We were so pleased with the off season discounts offered by the Novotel. We enjoyed our room, breakfast, and the location of the hotel. The room was quiet, big, and only a 15 minute walk to the city center! The breakfast was huge, and of a good quality. I would say that if your staying in Luxembourg this hotel should really be at the top of your list!

Room Tip: There is a small grocery market around the corner from the hotel. This worked great for water, juice...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AndrePecheur, Directeur général at Novotel Luxembourg Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read your comments about our hotel, and the location, and would like to thank you for it.
We hope we will welcome you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The location is in a business setting not far from the train station. Service in the restaurant and reception was top-notch - thanks! The rooms are average. My carpet had a couple of brand marks from cigarettes which is really bad! The food in the restaurant was overcooked and had way too much cheese (both the risotto and the minestrone).

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel, and are please to read that you enjoyed the services at the reception and in the restaurant.
We apologies regarding the things you dislike in our establishment, we will inform the different services about your comments.
All your remarks will help us to improve the quality of our services.
Do not hesitate, for a future stay, to mention directly at the reception the problem you have.
Sitges, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

One thing about arriving in a Novotel hotel is you're largely guaranteed that it will be exactly the same as the last Novotel you stayed in.  So I guess I'd have to say it was my fault for not asking our sales office to book me somewhere else.
The room was pretty much as I had expected, a good size room with the rather uncomfortable foam based mattress and the most gutless hollofil pillows I've ever had the misfortune to lay my head on.  At one point I thought I might like to pull out the sofabed alongside.  Perhaps it would be more comfortable.....but I was really too tired to do anything other than take in roomservice and sleep.  Positively I should point out that Novotel has installed power sockets by the bed....a gold star for those.
The barthroom was again, much as expected with that wierd shaped basin.  The shower fitting was a Hansgrohe Halo, which looked even funkier and had there been some water pressure, I probably woul have enjoyed it more than I did.
Breakfast was not expensive, which was just as well because it was quite limited.  I was able to ask for an expresso coffee, that was delivered with super efficiency.
Amidst my criticism, let me complement the staff, at the front desk, the room service and the breakfast room.  It may not be my most favorite chain of hotels, but the staff were really lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments, and for your kindly review for the staff, which will be transfer to all the team to continue motivating them.
We regret you did not feel comfortable in our hotel, but our hotel fits the Novotel worldwide standard.
Do not hesitate to contact us for your future reservation; so we can offer you a better experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. The staff were extremely efficient and friendly. The room as spotless and very cosy. I slept really well here and I was really pleased about that because my days were very busy. It is in a good location also. The only thing I could say was that the breakfast is a bit expensive. I think 20Euro for breakfast is a bit much. Having said that, the breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AndrePecheur, Directeur général at Novotel Luxembourg Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give a comment on your stay. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will visit us again at the Novotel Luxembourg Centre.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel is located close to the train station. Book early and you can get good deals. The rooms are large and are well suited to a business traveller. Shower is good. Breakfast is buffet style and is good. Dinner here can be soulless. You'd be better off elsewhere. I asked the hotel reception for a good restaurant. They recommended a great Italian restaurant which would have been impossible to find without their help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AndrePecheur, Responsable réception at Novotel Luxembourg Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your comments.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you as a guest in our restaurant. I am sure you could enjoy it!

Manuel
Front Office Manager.

Been to Novotel Luxembourg Centre? Share your experiences!