“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal

You added Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal to your Saves list
Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 blvd d'Avranches, Luxembourg City L-1160 , Luxembourg   |
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Bonheiden, Belgium
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've stayed several times in this hotel and I particulary love the great view you have from here over the Petrus valley and the old city of Luxembourg. Staff have Always been friendly and wellcoming. Food at the 'L'Etoile du top floor' restaurant is good but expensive, make sure to ask a table at the window to enjoy the view. Rooms are modern but make sure you don't have a problem with a shower that is placed in the middle of the room ... :) And don't forget to have a drink after dinner at the hotel's bar !! again a must do. A stay in this hotel makes my visits in Luxemburg Always most enjoyable !

Room Tip: Book a room with view on the Petus Valley it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Patrick-belgium,

I would like to thank you for sharing you experience which you had at our hotel.

It is always with great pleasure that we welcome you at the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal. We are delighted to hear that afer visiting us for several times you still enjoy the hotel and its features

Our entire staff is already looking forward to your next visit and we hope it will be as enjoyable as the previous ones.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very nice hotel. Great staff. Due to construction on the street in front of the hotel I had trouble getting to the front door. With great kindness the bellmen rescued us and took care of the car. I knew about the shower in the middle of the room thanks to the reviews I had read. My husband assured me that he could not see in while I showered. In any case better that than no shower. We and my sister with whom we were traveling stayed 2 nights and felt very comfortable. Four stars be cause the rooms were a bit small. A great value because of the location.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the old town.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Lovesweims,

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties in getting to our hotel. Please rest assured that the construction we have going on in front of the hotel is only temporarily. Please do not hesitate to use our convenient valet service if you plan to visit us again.

It is good to hear that you felt comfortable with the other person in the room even though the shower is half exposed.

I am looking forward to welcome you again

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is in a very convenient location, you can walk to the old town and in only 15 min you'll be right in the centre of the city. For airport transfers I would suggest using the hotel service, which would be the same as taking a normal taxi, but far better and mire convenient.
The room we had was very nice, especially enjoyed the Hermes toiletries and the rain shower, which can be a very pleasant experience at night with only the red and blue lights on - quite relaxing. The bed and pillows were ok, although the bed was a bit too soft, making the sensation really nice at first, nut lacking back support for a good night sleep.
Staff are very nice and helpful. Worth visiting the bar on the 8th floor in the evening.
I would, with no doubt, recommend this hotel for a short stay in Luxembourg

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Koush_Ann,

Thank you very much for complimenting and recommending our hotel. It is with great pleasure to hear that you were very satisfied with our limo service for the airport transfer.

Furthermore, I noticed that you enjoyed our modern room layout and the fantastic rain shower with its amenities.

Even though you were not very satisfied with the bed I hope that we can welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The sofitel suffers in that it seems to have been squeezed into an old office building. There are very charming touches to distract you from this conclusion like aromatherapy in the coridors and delightful art in the lobby but I couldn't escape the conclusion. The rooms are constructed with the shower in the middle which is different but does leave you feeling like your sleeping in the bathroom. The beds are of the sinky memoryfoam type that make you sweat by insulation and make moving in the night hardwork. The biggest disapointment was the minibar which had only a narrow selection of soft drinks. To me the word bar infers some kind of booze. A minikiosk would perhaps have been a less disappointing name for the fridge with Coke and orange juice in. It was very pretty, clean and the service was charming.

Room Tip: request an upperfloor if you have a valley view. 2nd floor rooms had a view of tree tops
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear HeadBrewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal.

I am sorry to hear that you disliked the hotel layout and the amenities we offer. Our minibar is complimentary and therefore only has a selection of soft drinks. If you would like to enjoy a drink during your next visit we have a stunning bar on the top floor with a scenic view over the city of Luxembourg.

Even if you did not like the hotel and its design I am glad to see that you were very satisfied with the service you received during your recent visit.

Nevertheless I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nicely set out and the staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The room I stayed in had a great view over the valley across to the City. However, there were some things which let this place down a little. The air con was very noisy and kept rattling. The glass shower cubicle was unusually right beside the bed which was fine for me alone, but if I was travelling with friends might have been awkward (although the rain shower was amazing).

It missed some small touches like not replenishing the shampoo / shower gel after the first night, not having any shampoo at all, not having enough coffee.

All in all a pleasant stay, but would probably try somewhere else in the city if I came again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear GlobeTrotter6680,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent hotel experience.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that some things were missing during your stay or malfunctioning. Please rest assured that I take these issues very serious and that I will do the proper follow up to avoid this happening again.

All our rooms have a very modern and unique design, with an open shower or bathtub in some cases. It is unfortunate that if you travel with friends that this could become awkward.

Nevertheless, I would be happy if you would give us the opportunity to serve you better during a future visit. If you like you can contact us at the following e-mail address if you desire a more personalized service: h5555-gr@sofitel.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked 4 nights in this hotel and it's been fantastic. The rooms are nice and big, I LOVE the shower, amazing bathroom and the sleepers and robe makes the stay extra comfy and enjoyable. It was great to have several English channels and the roof top bar us pricy but bee enjoyable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nena1003,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to tell us about your previous stay. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback as yours.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the unique design of our room and especially the open rain shower.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal

Kind regards,

Been to Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal? Share your experiences!